Minifigure Crafting Advise

One of my hobbies is making model terrain, for mini war games and for dioramas. Recently I started playing the tabletop game "Betrayal at House on the Hill". I already love this game. Maybe some of you know of it.

What I was thinking when playing it was "wow, this would be perfect for a Don't Starve theme!" For those of you who don't know what the game is, basically all of the players are exploring a mansion, and one of them ends up becoming the Traitor and tries to kill the rest while they try to survive. It's basically a cross between Clue and Fall of the house of Usher.

The game has mini figures that you use for you character. I think it would be really cool to make DS character figures to use for this game. I could make their cards and what not (required for the game) myself with no problem.

But does anyone with any crafting experience have any ideas as to how I could make the figures? Is it maybe possible to commission some? I know that Klei lets fanmade merchandise be sold on Etsy (which is exceedingly kind of them).

I know that Klei lets fanmade merchandise be sold on Etsy (which is exceedingly kind of them).

If you're based in the US, and don't have any friends who do toy customs, I think Etsy is a good place to start too.

You can commission pieces from there. Some artists forget to mention that they accept commissions in their profile, but look around. If you find a style you like, try contacting the shop owner.

Good luck. And post pics if ever your idea turns into a WIP!

If you're based in the US, and don't have any friends who do toy customs, I think Etsy is a good place to start too.

You can commission pieces from there. Some artists forget to mention that they accept commissions in their profile, but look around. If you find a style you like, try contacting the shop owner.

Good luck. And post pics if ever your idea turns into a WIP!

Alright. Thank you, and I feel dumb for having to ask, but what is a WIP?

Archived