Proper Fire Nerfs

I'm sorry but I feel that's a poor way to prove your point.  

A person should not go around shooting people to prove their belief for more gun control.  

Great analogy. However it's either them or me. I choose to keep my base intact and myself alive, so I made my first move. It's either that or I end up with lost items, burnt down base, and possibly my death. I was threatened, so I removed my threat. I've seen other people do it to me, so I've just learned from them and tried it myself. With how imbalanced the fire mechanic is and the fact that I can take advantage of it so early in the game, it really was my only choice.

Love how this all turns on me and people begin blaming the player rather than the mechanic. Also back to the gun analogy, you're trying to tell me that there is this invisible law that we must not burn down player's bases on a PvP server. Its something that most players won't respect nor comprehend. Don't think a video game is anything similar to reality, that's a very bad thing to do. The game itself can prevent us from going out of control in game, but chooses not to. We don't need invisible laws to prevent fires, but rather mechanic improvements. Also banning players is just pushing the community away, not drawing them closer for this game to be called Don't Starve Together.

The problem is the mechanic, not the people. I hope we can agree on that. The torch is an overpowered weapon that I'm going to take advantage of because it's simply available for me to do so.

The only reason it's turning on you (from me anyway) is that you have repeated postings railing on the problems with fire mechanics and griefers.  While at the same time, engaging in the activity yourself.  Thus perpetuating the issue and being part of the problem.  

Lead by example.

I don't like having my structures destroyed or being attacked unwarranted in a game.  So, I don't do it to others.  

Sure, people still attack and try destroying things but that does not force me to pass it on to another.

There is always a choice.  

For the record, I do think there are issues with fire mechanics.  However, I'm not going to exploit it while I feel this way.  Now in the future, if my feelings change and I think nothing is wrong with how easily a camp can be burned down, I may use that tactic unprovoked.  But for the timing being, I feel it would be hypocritical.  I guess that is where we differ. 

The only reason it's turning on you (from me anyway) is that you have repeated postings railing on the problems with fire mechanics and griefers.  While at the same time, engaging in the activity yourself.  Thus perpetuating the issue and being part of the problem.  

Lead by example.

I don't like having my structures destroyed or being attacked unwarranted in a game.  So, I don't do it to others.  

Sure, people still attack and try destroying things but that does not force me to pass it on to another.

There is always a choice.  

For the record, I do think there are issues with fire mechanics.  However, I'm not going to exploit it while I feel this way.  Now in the future, if my feelings change and I think nothing is wrong with how easily a camp can be burned down, I may use that tactic unprovoked.  But for the timing being, I feel it would be hypocritical.  I guess that is where we differ. 

Just so you know that I've only done this "griefing" twice the entire time I've played, believe it or not. You may very well be the person that I've personally griefed twice. I'm sorry for that but I tried to experiment and see what I've been saying the whole time was true, because many people are saying that the fire mechanic isn't a problem. Personally I didn't find my griefing very fun so I moved on and built my own dedicated server which prohibits it altogether through mechanics created by mods.

Just so you know that I've only done this "griefing" twice the entire time I've played, believe it or not. You may very well be the person that I've personally griefed twice. I'm sorry for that but I tried to experiment and see what I've been saying the whole time was true, because many people are saying that the fire mechanic isn't a problem. Personally I didn't find my griefing very fun so I moved on and built my own dedicated server which prohibits it altogether through mechanics created by mods.

I appreciate the apology but no, I was not the person whose base you burnt down twice.  You only got mine once.  Although, the two other bases I saw you burn were people who had just started out and barely had any structures up (weren't really posing much of a threat at the time).  So yeah, out of the two three times I saw you it was only me once.  

What's weird is (while I do like to look at the forums) I only found this thread because after burning down their bases you told everyone to go complain on the klei forums about it.  So, as you requested, I decided to hop on over and let everyone know how I feel about things.  

While I don't like assumptions, I couldn't help suspect you may have done things like that before on other servers.  Maybe I am wrong but I just can't shake the feeling that where there's smoke, there's fire.

I appreciate the apology but no, I was not the person whose base you burnt down twice.  You only got mine once.  Although, the two other bases I saw you burn were people who had just started out and barely had any structures up (weren't really posing much of a threat at the time).  So yeah, out of the two three times I saw you it was only me once.  

What's weird is (while I do like to look at the forums) I only found this thread because after burning down their bases you told everyone to go complain on the klei forums about it.  So, as you requested, I decided to hop on over and let everyone know how I feel about things.  

While I don't like assumptions, I couldn't help suspect you may have done things like that before on other servers.  Maybe I am wrong but I just can't shake the feeling that where there's smoke, there's fire.

I burnt down two bases, one of them twice. One of the bases wasn't even a real base. I wouldn't blame you if think I'm a griefer, but it doesn't really matter. All I care about is resolving a problem. You can either take my word for it or throw judgment on me based on my actions. However by simply looking at the dedicated server section of the forums you should see that I'm not lying and I really did move on and make a dedicated server.

Everything is harder to build on a PvP server. PvP isn't a base race....

Lol, you must be joking. You cant defend your base on PvE servers...

Are you even playing the game on public servers? Or just theory-crafting?

Oh wait, its my fault. There should have been an admin online, you know, for balance...

Archived