Proper Fire Nerfs

I own a dedicated server with mods for base building because I find it impossible to have any attachment to a base created on a public server.

And just because we're fine with the fire mechanics and not phased by griefers doesn't mean we enjoy greifing. It just means we have a different understanding of what public means. We understand what you're saying...we've just learned how to survive public without asking Klei to change game mechanics.

I like your tips and that's great. However it's clear that you have a problem with vanilla DST since you can't have an attachment to any base, as you said. So how can you say that you're fine with the griefing when you went out of your way to make your own dedicated server with mods just to intentionally prevent it? I mean obviously you're fine with it because you're not dealing with it like the rest of us are. Also from what I've seen, there are no wilderness PVP modded servers on my server list that counter griefing.

I like your tips and that's great. However it's clear that you have a problem with vanilla DST since you can't have an attachment to any base, as you said. So how can you say that you're fine with the griefing when you went out of your way to make your own dedicated server with mods just to intentionally prevent it? I mean obviously you're fine with it because you're not dealing with it like the rest of us are. Also from what I've seen, there are no wilderness PVP modded servers on my server list that counter griefing.

I don't have a problem with any aspect of the game. I enjoy it for what it is and appreciate the hard work that went into it. I don't hold attachments to public-built bases because it seems ridiculous to do so. I didn't say that because I don't want to offend those that do.

You're assuming a lot instead of just asking me. I didn't purchase a dedicated server to avoid greifing. I have one to tweak the game to my personal preference. Not sure if you read my post but 80% of my DST game play is public Klei servers. I deal with it just like you...I just make different choices in-game and accept public for what it is....public.

I'm sorry people burn your base down on public servers. Maybe we'll meet in game at some point and I'll understand your viewpoint a little better.

I don't have a problem with any aspect of the game. I enjoy it for what it is and appreciate the hard work that went into it.

As do I. By offering feedback and suggestions doesn't mean that I'm against Klei or that I don't appreciate their hard work. I'm still holding onto their word of saying this game isn't a finished product. For all I know, we'll be playing a whole new game within a few months. They could possibly fix everything that I believed was a problem and they might even go about it at a different angle than I'm suggesting which is also fine. I'm just trying to bring in some insight.

I don't hold attachments to public-built bases because it seems ridiculous to do so.

I own a dedicated server with mods for base building because I find it impossible to have any attachment to a base created on a public server.

This is contradicting...

Offering feedback and suggestions is not the same as telling someone to fix a problem. We don't decide what is broken...as I've stated many times. You can suggest that  Klei change the fire mechanics but it's only "broken" for you. And you seem to lash out at those that don't have a problem with fire or that just make better camping decisions than you.

Your 10:45PM quoted post was edited by you and I think after seeing that I'm done with this conversation. If you have to fake a post just to be argumentative it's not worth my time. If you want to build a base that can't be burned down buy a dedicated server, password protect, or install protection mods. Making one on public servers and expecting people to respect your camp is a bit naive. Not learning from your mistake and continuing to build large camps on public servers is poor player judgement...the cycle keeps repeating and you want to blame "fire mechanics".

Welcome to DST...things burn...if you don't like that you can tweak the game by using mods or creating your own. Have a nice day and hopefully you'll learn to adapt to griefing like the rest of us. I learned how after my first camp was burned....might take longer for others like yourself..

Offering feedback and suggestions is not the same as telling someone to fix a problem. We don't decide what is broken...as I've stated many times. You can suggest that  Klei change the fire mechanics but it's only "broken" for you. And you seem to lash out at those that don't have a problem with fire or that just make better camping decisions than you.

Your 10:45PM quoted post was edited by you and I think after seeing that I'm done with this conversation. If you have to fake a post just to be argumentative it's not worth my time. If you want to build a base that can't be burned down buy a dedicated server, password protect, or install protection mods. Making one on public servers and expecting people to respect your camp is a bit naive. Not learning from your mistake and continuing to build large camps on public servers is poor player judgement...the cycle keeps repeating and you want to blame "fire mechanics".

Welcome to DST...things burn...if you don't like that you can tweak the game by using mods or creating your own. Have a nice day and hopefully you'll learn to adapt to griefing like the rest of us. I learned how after my first camp was burned....might take longer for others like yourself..

That's great we should drop our argument. As someone who's provided many suggestions and feedback to games, I'm frankly tired of fans being offended of my opinions and ideas. I'm not stating facts, just providing my two cents. You just got to learn to respect opinions and agree to disagree. I'm very open to arguments, but when things get contradicting and not very constructive I create a deeper argument.

To me I'm just not understanding how any of this is even something to argue about. Don't Starve revolves around building a sustainable base, not running around continuously until the environment kills you. I mean I can go on and on, like you defending vanilla but then using mods to have it be nothing like it. Sorry makes no sense but I guess that's why we're all both getting frustrated with the argument, because there isn't an understanding.

That's great we should drop our argument. As someone who's provided many suggestions and feedback to games, I'm frankly tired of fans being offended of my opinions and ideas. I'm not stating facts, just providing my two cents. You just got to learn to respect opinions and agree to disagree. I'm very open to arguments, but when things get contradicting and not very constructive I create a deeper argument.

To me I'm just not understanding how any of this is even something to argue about. Don't Starve revolves around building a sustainable base, not running around continuously until the environment kills you. I mean I can go on and on, like you defending vanilla but then using mods to have it be nothing like it. Sorry makes no sense but I guess that's why we're all both getting frustrated with the argument, because there isn't an understanding.

Agreed...I actually look forward to hearing more of your ideas.

I wasn't frustrated with you at all. :-)  I'm very much in control of my emotions. Which may be the reason I have trouble understanding why people get upset about griefing in public. I join thinking "anything I build here can be destroyed and I'm ok with that". If I'm not the admin or I'm not paying for the server I don't hold any attachments. If someone finds my base and burns it down I just sorta pick up the pieces and move on. With most multi-player games you run into people that play the game differently than you...I kinda just accept that fact and maybe it's made me passive about greifing. I just can't seem to care or get upset over it.

But I know it's different for others and one thing we can agree on is that you don't deserve to have something you built destroyed.

I'm with Trenix on this one.

Consider this feedback.

The main gamemode is called "survival". Yet there's a lack of synergy in the game mechanics to support this "term".

An example of this:

- We have a game with lots of constructable buildings, it takes time and effort to get up into the higher tiers. We can write it as: effort + time = results

- Then a griefer logs on with the sole purpose of destroying stuff. For him its not effort + time = results. It's just effort = results, that is, lighter = mayhem. There is no time factor for him. He doesn't have to spend 20 days destroying a base. He negates the time element that a regular player is subjected to, and can ruin a lot of hard work very fast.

>THIS.IS.BAD.GAME.DESIGN.

This is painfully apparent on public PvE servers, where you can't even kill the griefer.

PvE... PvE... Player vs Environment. Think about why it's called that for a sec... It's not Player vs Player, but when you destroy someone else's base, it's pretty clear that you are indirectly attacking that player.

Now for PvP, destroying people's stuff has a place. I'll refrain from using the word "griefing", because that word invokes images of ruining peoples fun out of malice. Malice towards the players, towards the game.

How to fix it:

There are several ways. I know we're getting skins soon, so make the skins unlocks, that you unlock by actually playing the game (as is tradition with Don't Starve). Incentives PLAYING the game to get the skins.

Stay alive for 20 days: Bam - skin unlock.

Survive the winter: Skin unlock.

Kill a player killer: Skin unlock.

etc.

Another way to limit lighter = mayhem is to not being able to burn player placed stuff for the first 10 days. This is not a very clever fix, but it should remove the worst griefing.

My 2c. Hope you could handle reading that without getting all red in the face.

Either you don't play Don't Starve Together, you only play with friends that you know, or you're a griefer. A newb Willow has just burned down a base and I couldn't do anything at all to stop it. I'm also sick of new players just burning crap down for the hell of it. Something needs to be done and you're not offering anything.

Yes, something could be done to stop trolls but this isn't it. One good idea I've read suggests every player have a key chain of sorts. You give players you trust a copy of your keys and now they have access to your structures. Any player that does not have a copy of your key cannot interact with your structures whatsoever. Some voicelines could be:

"That isn't mine!"

"It would be rude to open that."

etc.

There are more ways than fire to troll others. I could take a hammer and wreck your base while you were out farming spiders. I could put your valuables in my inventory and log off the server. I could plant spider nests inside your base. I could lure a boss to your base. I could call a herd of mating beefalo to your base with a beefalo horn. I could lure a varg to your base. The possibilities to troll are endless and will always exist. Your ideas would affect much more than greifers. I set my entire homegrown forest of 40 trees on fire sometimes so I can farm charcoal. I will also burn a stack of grass for ashes. From your ideas this would now spawn some new type of fire guardian that would put out the fire and instantly kill me. Wtf? Putting out fires by hand should damage you. IT'S FIRE. Now you're no longer punished for when you don't set up fling-o-matics for summer since you can just put out the spontaneous fires by hand. And again, non-renewable resources growing back would also no longer punish you for not being prepared. 

Some tips for stopping trolls:

1) Don't allow Willows to play on your server (brutal but it gets the point across)

2) Make someone live on their own for 3 days before allowing them to come to your base

3) Use a player icon mod so you can see where a new player is 24/7

4) Be heavy on the kick button. If you told someone to live on their own for 3 days and they're still going to your base, kick them, no questions asked. If someone joins mid-winter kick them unless you want half the forests burned down. There's rollbacks for when you lack the discipline to kick people.

Finally, fire has already been nerfed for DST. Things smolder before they burn whereas in vanilla **** instantly goes up in flames. This is so fling-o-matics can handle large fires. If you're not using fling-o-matics and you're just letting Willows waltz into your base the day they spawned you're asking to be trolled.

There is no time factor for him. He doesn't have to spend 20 days destroying a base. He negates the time element that a regular player is subjected to, and can ruin a lot of hard work very fast.

>THIS.IS.BAD.GAME.DESIGN.

So enforce a time element. Don't allow them to instantly come to your base the day the spawn. Make them live on their own for 3 days. If they try to come to base any sooner kick them, period.

It's amusing how you think a lighter is the only way to troll and yet consider yourself knowledgeable enough to say THIS.IS.BAD.GAME.DESIGN.

So enforce a time element. Don't allow them to instantly come to your base the day the spawn. Make them live on their own for 3 days. If they try to come to base any sooner kick them, period.

It's amusing how you think a lighter is the only way to troll and yet consider yourself knowledgeable enough to say THIS.IS.BAD.GAME.DESIGN.

Did I say it was the only way to troll? No I did not wise guy.

And you are a fool if you think an admin is on 24/7. Or that a /kick command is the best way to balance a game.

The lighter and torch isn't the only way to troll, but it's the easiest, quickest, and most destructive way to troll. Please tell me, what is worse than fire? Also the fire mechanic is bad game design for a multiplayer game, I wouldn't personally say the same for a singleplayer one. Good luck making a flingomatic in a PvP server, especially early game. The next best bet is making a bunch of water balloons, but we all know that you're not going to be in base when it gets set on fire.

The lighter and torch isn't the only way to troll, but it's the easiest, quickest, and most destructive way to troll. Please tell me, what is worse than fire? Also the fire mechanic is bad game design for a multiplayer game, I wouldn't personally say the same for a singleplayer one. Good luck making a flingomatic in a PvP server, especially early game. The next best bet is making a bunch of water balloons, but we all know that you're not going to be in base when it gets set on fire.

Remove fire and something else will become the worst way to troll and people will move to complaining about that. Trolling as a whole should be addressed or not at all. Making changes that effect core gameplay is not the way to go about correcting the issue. You're looking at this very two dimensional and aren't even trying to come up with actual solutions. Fire is key to this game but you think "the fire mechanic is bad game design"...you might be playing the wrong game then.

What does PvP have to do with anything? Of course you're going to have a harder time, what is Klei just supposed to put the server on pause while you go around looking for gears / ice / stone / gold? Everything is harder to build on a PvP server. PvP isn't a base race....

Remove fire and something else will become the worst way to troll and people will move to complaining about that. Trolling as a whole should be addressed or not at all. Making changes that effect core gameplay is not the way to go about correcting the issue. You're looking at this very two dimensional and aren't even trying to come up with actual solutions. Fire is key to this game but you think "the fire mechanic is bad game design"...you might be playing the wrong game then.

What does PvP have to do with anything? Of course you're going to have a harder time, what is Klei just supposed to put the server on pause while you go around looking for gears / ice / stone / gold? Everything is harder to build on a PvP server. PvP isn't a base race....

I don't think you're looking at this two dimensional. I never said to remove fire, but to nerf it drastically for the better so it can take into consideration of multiplayer. I'd be okay if we could set the fire settings on a server to singleplayer standards, but we should also be able to change it for multiplayer standards. This is not core gameplay, just something that was brought over from singleplayer and is in desperate need of balancing.

Some people look at the game as playing solo or just with friends, but there are others who want PvP or play at a much larger scale of PvE with players who are unknown and capable of doing anything. I'm not playing the wrong game, just want to play it different than you, which does not make it wrong. I guess that's what settings are for.

By the way, original post has been updated based on feedback.

I think when you play on a Klei public server you agree to the settings dictated by the owner. We all play the game differently but certain settings are going to benefit certain players. Public un-modded servers will obviously benefit players that prefer a challenge or trolls. Public modded benefits players that want extra or need protection. The game does a great job of providing options for all player types. A troll could easily start a post asking to remove fire protection mods because it disrupts how they want to play the game.

Like ntsp00 suggested, address the problem as a whole. The type of trolling that's worse will vary depending on who you ask. For players like myself fire is a non-issue and has little affect on my game play. But that's not the same for you and many others. People post for things they want dev's to change but never posts asking for players to share tips on what they can do differently that might minimize greifing on public. Would you be open to adding player suggestions that don't involve putting more work on busy dev's?

What type of public server are you on the most?

Where do you tend to build your camps on public?

Do you reveal your location or invite others?

Do you catch people burning your camp down or return to an empty camp with everything burned?

How do you use fire in the game?

I think when you play on a Klei public server you agree to the settings dictated by the owner. We all play the game differently but certain settings are going to benefit certain players. Public un-modded servers will obviously benefit players that prefer a challenge or trolls. Public modded benefits players that want extra or need protection. The game does a great job of providing options for all player types. A troll could easily start a post asking to remove fire protection mods because it disrupts how they want to play the game.

Like ntsp00 suggested, address the problem as a whole. The type of trolling that's worse will vary depending on who you ask. For players like myself fire is a non-issue and has little affect on my game play. But that's not the same for you and many others. People post for things they want dev's to change but never posts asking for players to share tips on what they can do differently that might minimize greifing on public. Would you be open to adding player suggestions that don't involve putting more work on busy dev's?

What type of public server are you on the most?

Where do you tend to build your camps on public?

Do you reveal your location or invite others?

Do you catch people burning your camp down or return to an empty camp with everything burned?

How do you use fire in the game?

From what I've seen, servers which do use mods, always go overboard with it to the point that you get a bunch of mods that you just don't want to work with. Mods also seem to be more for obtaining additional content rather than changing the balance of your game and how you play it. After thinking about it, changing the fire within settings for servers would be the best way to go about it since it'll benefit the way that everyone wants to play their game without getting into arguments. The multiplayer standards that I'm mentioning should be on by default, since it's balanced for this gameplay.

I do enjoy the vanilla Don't Starve game, don't get me wrong. I did play with just me and my fiance for quite a bit by ourselves on my own LAN server and it was great. When I did that, I wanted the full singleplayer experience with her. However when I got to public servers and I no longer agree with someone of the multiplayer balancing. If I'm ever going to play with real unknown people PvP or PvE, it needs to be balanced accordingly.

I'm alright with the devs taking as long as they like. I'm usually playing PvP servers the most but sometimes play survival with PvP turned off. I build my bases as hidden as possible from roads, multiple biomes, and rocky biomes. I never let anyone follow me to my base, never invite anyone new to it, and I never reveal my location. Yes, I do find my place always on fire once it's found out. It's usually from a newb Willow too. I personally never use fire unless for charcoal and hate the fact of nonrenwable resources burning on me. I even hate the idea of burning spider eggs because it might burn everything near it.

Because of these mechanics, I'm planning on burning every base I encounter to strengthen my survival so I'm not competing with them. I don't like doing it, but the mechanic forces me to do so. Relocation is also bad for gameplay, we should be working to build up our base and defend it, not flee from it because someone found it. Also people especially love burning down your sapling, berry bush, and grass tuft farms, making useless to relocate them to your base and farm them.

From what I've seen, servers which do use mods, always go overboard with it to the point that you get a bunch of mods that you just don't want to work with. Mods also seem to be more for obtaining additional content rather than changing the balance of your game and how you play it. After thinking about it, changing the fire within settings for servers would be the best way to go about it since it'll benefit the way that everyone wants to play their game without getting into arguments. The multiplayer standards that I'm mentioning should be on by default, since it's balanced for this gameplay.

Because of these mechanics, I'm planning on burning every base I encounter to strengthen my survival so I'm not competing with them. I don't like doing it, but the mechanic forces me to do so. Relocation is also bad for gameplay, we should be working to build up our base and defend it, not flee from it because someone found it. Also people especially love burning down your sapling, berry bush, and grass tuft farms, making useless to relocate them to your base and farm them.

I completely understand where you're coming from with your first paragraph. I dislike any mod that adds content because it always makes me feel like I'm cheating, as if it's making the game too easy. The problem isn't that these mods exist, it's that the majority of public servers that have mods have these. The regrowing trees mod, storm cellar, additional characters that are OP, the list goes on. I think at that point you have to realize it's doubtful you're going to find someone else's server that perfectly lines up with your opinion of a fun, balanced game and make your own with whatever mods you decide. There are many of that enjoy the fire mechanics: charcoal is easy to obtain, ashes as well, I like how an object smolders at first making the fire spread slowly, etc. Yes, sometimes I get caught off guard and **** burns down but that's how fire works. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it bites you in the ass. Like I said, I usually hate the mods that add content so I check what mods a server has before joining. If it's anything other than some basic ones (global player icons is a good example of a useful mod) I'll keep looking. If none exist at that time, I recognize my tastes may not be like everyone else's and make my own server with my own settings. People are always fast to join and being the admin, I make them survive on their own for a few days before coming to base. Since I use the player icon mod, I can see everything they're doing and if something looks suspicious, kick. This is due to there being multiple ways to troll, not just fire. If a WX is looking through my chests and I know I have gears stored there, I'm going to check and make sure they're still there. If he ate one, especially without asking, kick. It's just one of the obstacles of playing with other people. Some people may not even know eating the gears before you have ice boxes / fling-o-matics set up is bad. That's why I feel some type of ownership settings should be added to address it as a whole, and not on an individual basis. 

Your last paragraph I just can't understand at all. PvP isn't a base race. Your base doesn't help you survive a fight whatsoever. And what's going to happen to your base when you're dead? You want to always be on the move in PvP. Yes, things require you to build a science machine and/or alchemy machine but I always built that somewhere another player wasn't likely to find it. Set up a campfire in a different location every day, never using stone for it. When you make a whole base in PvP and someone finds it while you're out during the day, you're essentially saying "I'm going to be in this exact spot tonight, feel free to ambush me." Meanwhile, the person that found your base is helping themselves to whatever you left behind, probably making healing salves / healing foods since they know they're about to fight. You come back not expecting anything at all and with your inventory loaded. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

I'm surprised you're complaining about the OP'ness of fire in PvP and not Wigfrid or the pan flute.

As of right now, I gave this game a bad review on steam and so has my fiance and it wont change until fire gets some serious nerfs so the game is playable for both public PvP and PvE. In PvE, you're completely screwed when it comes to a newb burning your stuff down for no apparent reason. No I refuse to use mods to fix a broken mechanic that gets absurdly abused. This is the developer's game, they need to take responsibility of the game mechanics and balance, not the player base. I did not only choose to play PvP, but also I chose to play with other players, however they're more of a nuisance than anything. None of them can be trusted. They'll be your friend and then back stab you when you least expect it. That's okay though, but what's not okay is having it near impossible to counter or stop it.

I started a new game on a PvP server and built far away from everything in the middle of no where. Not by roads, not by any viable resources, nothing. I worked my base up and as always built my necessities before my defense. Not smart to do it the other way around because then I'd die by the time a player would even bother becoming a threat to me. For anyone who's played this game on a PvP server, they should know by now that melee weapons are completely useless. So I tried going for darts instead and avoided boomerangs altogether since they can be caught by your enemy, which is ridiculous. A newb player joined the game, found my base, started stealing everything and I couldn't do anything about it since we both move at the same speed. He then set everything on fire, which I still wasn't able to do anything about it and the outcome is a lot of stolen stuff, a burnt base, and a newb thriving for being a griefer. Why bother even playing the game when any progress gets stolen or destroy by a new player that JUST joined the game?

Not only does fire needs some massive nerfs, but we need a better way to defend ourselves early game from new players. Notice I said early game, not midgame or lategame. If a veteran player showed up to my base with weapons that I couldn't compare with and he destroyed me, I'd be perfectly okay with it. However this is not the case, the problem is these newbs that thrive with little to no effort and you're saying this mechanic isn't broken?

Original post has been updated drastically, please re-read.

The game is playable for both PVP and PVE. You should edit your post so it's clear that the issues/problems are personal. There are many that don't have problems with the fire mechanics and use mods for anything extra they require. I'm not sure what your experience is with multiplayer but they all usually work the same. Many other multi-player games offer modded servers if you can't handle how other people choose to play the game....DST is no different in that regard.

Please don't take my post the wrong way because I understand why you're upset and like I said before you don't deserve to have your hard work destroyed. However, joining public pvp and expecting people to respect what you create is like putting your hand on a hot stove and then asking the manufacturer to change how the stove functions because you got burned. Stop putting your hand on the stove!!

Should you be forced to not play public and use mods...no. But unfortunately that's the reality for many multi-player games. You just can't control how people play the game or what they do. Even if fire mechanics are nerfed in the way you desire people are still going to find ways to destroy your camp and disrupt your game play. It's the harsh reality of multi-player...not a broken mechanic.

It just sounds like you should avoid multi-player games in general or only play with friends. Klei offers many options for players to set their own standards. You refuse to use those options and feel that certain mechanics should be implemented by the developer and not the user. That's the real issue....the game isn't broken...you just don't want to use mods or create your own server. That's how I would read your bad review.

I also don't feel your review is honest. You say you enjoyed the game with your fiance on your LAN server. You only ran into trouble when joining public servers. Does your review reflect that fact? The fire mechanics weren't nerfed when you were playing with your fiance and you described your experience as great. Is it only broken when you play with strangers? Multi-player public is not for everyone.

Your review is not a hostage. Adding that quote to the first thread is a tad dramatic imo. It's no longer a feedback and suggestion thread. It's now a 'please make these changes or I won't change my review.' thread. I can understand that you want to be heard but doing that won't stop people from reading ahead. Just makes it seem like you're desperately trying to hide the responses.

I also don't feel your review is honest. You say you enjoyed the game with your fiance on your LAN server. You only ran into trouble when joining public servers. Does your review reflect that fact? The fire mechanics weren't nerfed when you were playing with your fiance and you described your experience as great. Is it only broken when you play with strangers? Multi-player public is not for everyone.

I wanted the multiplayer experience so I can play with the public, not on a private server with just my fiance. Me and her only played together for awhile just so we can get the hang of the game and move over to public. Otherwise I would of just used the multiplayer Mod for the singleplayer Don't Starve and would of found this game entirely useless. If you think mods are the answer to everything, then I have no idea why you bought multiplayer, when a mod already exists for it in singleplayer. I think you're too strongly defending the developers and very unfairly.

I do love the game and how it's designed, but the game still needs work. I've never played a game where I was forced to create a server that's modded just so I could play it without issues, because that's how the game feels currently for me.

What I don't understand is why the OP is complaining about fire griefers but 2 of the 3 times I've encountered him on a server he was doing what he claims to hate.  I guess, the bullied becomes the bully.  

You're right, just trying to show everyone the problem with the game. Why bother playing and progressing when I can just walk around, steal your stuff, and set your base on fire. It's so much easier surviving this way than the actual way that we're meant to. Just to clarify, I only did this in PvP servers.

What I don't understand is why the OP is complaining about fire griefers but 2 of the 3 times I've encountered him on a server he was doing what he claims to hate.  I guess, the bullied becomes the bully.  

Wow, all credibility from OP gone. Can I get back that time I wasted replying in this thread?

You're right, just trying to show everyone the problem with the game. Why bother playing and progressing when I can just walk around, steal your stuff, and set your base on fire. It's so much easier surviving this way than the actual way that we're meant to.

The way you're meant to? Maybe try not being garbage at the game and actually try to figure out the way you're meant to play PvP? You should start by recognizing this is Don't Starve and not Starcraft. Please, go back to your private servers with your "fiance". Do you burn her structures and steal her **** too?

My base has been burned down endless times with my items being stolen continuously. Clearly the "not being garbage" hasn't help whatsoever. It just ruined all the time I've invested into all PvP servers. How can you possibly expect me and others to put up with this griefing? You can't, so if you can't beat them, then join them. And yes, let me defend myself by saying that I've only done this in PvP servers and no where else. I'll be sure to edit my reply to include that. PvP is intended for players to compete with each other, so by burning the enemies base and stealing their items, it gives me an advantage over them. It's also a very good thing to do when their base is right next to you. What do you expect me to sit around and have them steal from me nonstop? Lets be realistic here...

You're right, just trying to show everyone the problem with the game. Why bother playing and progressing when I can just walk around, steal your stuff, and set your base on fire. It's so much easier surviving this way than the actual way that we're meant to.

I'm sorry but I feel that's a poor way to prove your point.  

A person should not go around shooting people to prove their belief for more gun control.  

Archived