How to Kill a Hibernating Bearger [Video]

The Bearger can now yawn and induce sleep in those around him when awoken during Winter...

(I was planning on making a more detailed video involving gathering the pine cones/birch nuts to plating them... it spanned 2 seasons and hours of footage... I still have it... If anyone wants to see it... tell me O___O)

Here's the rundown:
1 - Gather pine cones and/birch nuts...
2 - Plant them around the sleeping Bearger (I would recommend using the geometric Placement Mod)
------ Note: You can push the Bearger into place by running against it. Caution is advised as the Bearger emits an Insanity Aura; prepare sanity regenerating items to aid you... unless of course, you want to battle Nightmare Creatures then by all means go for it...
3 - Wait for all of them to grow into trees...
4 - Burn them... roast it alive O__O
5 - You can chop down the burned trees and burn the charcoal around the Bearger for added fire damage.
6 - Repeat until dead... (it shouldn't take more than the full stack of 40 pine cones or birch nuts to produce the amount of trees necessary to roast the Bearger.

Note: I planted trees instead of just burning logs and stuff because they take longer to burn thus yielding more fire damage over time...

I will try and add more annotations and stuff but until my internet finishes his time out in the corner for slowing down, I guess it'll have to wait...

EDIT: A spelling error and the added note at the end

EDIT:Basically, just roast him alive...

If you have a controller (or patience, or you want to make a client side mod to emulate a controller RPC to drop stuff in the spot), you can drop a trillion logs, twigs, grass, acorns, and pinecones in one spot, then light them up and get the same effect.

If this is changed so that units standing on fire wake up and move out of the way, then gunpowder would only be usable with the ice staff!

If the fire of the gunpowder doesn't unfreeze the enemy and makes him not freeze due to heat, that is...

If you have a controller (or patience, or you want to make a client side mod to emulate a controller RPC to drop stuff in the spot), you can drop a trillion logs, twigs, grass, acorns, and pinecones in one spot, then light them up and get the same effect.   If this is changed so that units standing on fire wake up and move out of the way, then gunpowder would only be usable with the ice staff! If the fire of the gunpowder doesn't unfreeze the enemy and makes him not freeze due to heat, that is...

Note: I planted trees instead of just burning logs and stuff because they take longer to burn thus yielding more fire damage over time...

As for the Gunpowder... the ingredients to make them have become even more... elusive... rare (because you know... the birdcage thing O__O)

So this is an alternative to a stationary and (mostly) unresponsive enemy/mob O___O

I'm sure there are more ways to kill him but this is the first thing that came to mind :) 

@Asparagus,

I understood the reason why you used burning trees.

But you can't compare burning those trees, with burning 9 stacks of 40 twigs, with all of them being tossed one by one.

I repeat, you DON'T toss a STACK of 40 twigs.

You toss 40 twigs, ONE BY ONE.

Try it, get a panflute and a torch, spawn a bearger, then make c_spawn("twigs",9*40) near the bearger.

You will have 9*40 twigs in the floor, all separated and non-stacked.

Then ignite the twigs.

Then tell me how 30 seconds is slower than 10 minutes.

That's where the controller kicks in. You can't drop stuff over stuff without it stacking, with the mouse.

But you can with the controller. And you can make a client side mod to send controller RPCs to the server, with the keyboard.

But you can't compare burning those trees, with burning 9 stacks of 40 twigs, with all of them being tossed one by one. I repeat, you DON'T toss a STACK of 40 twigs. You toss 40 twigs, ONE BY ONE.   Try it, get a panflute and a torch, spawn a bearger, then make c_spawn("twigs",9*40) near the bearger. You will have 9*40 twigs in the floor, all separated and non-stacked.   Then ignite the twigs.   Then tell me how 30 seconds is slower than 10 minutes.

snickers.jpg O__O

Try it, get a panflute and a torch, spawn a bearger, then make c_spawn("twigs",9*40) near the bearger. You will have 9*40 twigs in the floor, all separated and non-stacked

I made this video to show a legit way of doing it without other modifications like mods or consoles... so that clients can do this...

But yes

But you can't compare burning those trees, with burning 9 stacks of 40 twigs, with all of them being tossed one by one. I repeat, you DON'T toss a STACK of 40 twigs. You toss 40 twigs, ONE BY ONE.

So...

I'm sure there are more ways to kill him but this is the first thing that came to mind  

The mod is client side. That means that anybody can screw around with it in non modded servers.

Regardless, I can use a controller or overflow a chest with items to get the same effect, really.

You don't even need the mod. Anybody can do it and its legit.

The mod is client side. That means that anybody can screw around with it in non modded servers.   Regardless, I can use a controller or overflow a chest with items to get the same effect, really. You don't even need the mod. Anybody can do it and its legit.

Ah... well, thanks  for sharing :) 

thanks for this, now the developers will change the bearger AI to wake up with fire near, just like the beefalos... :(

anyway, doing this will destroy the drop right?, I mean, the important drop

But since the latest update, he will wake up now so :T

On top of that fire damage is capped to 120 a second :( how lame. Not that you utilized that in your video to any great extent I think. But still. The days of bonfires murdering things in a tenth a second are over. It makes me a sad teddy bear.

Archived