Invisible, Inc. Post-Launch Update

• Developer
Hello everyone!

*Phew*, that was a wild ride, getting this game out. I can say without a doubt that Invisible, Inc. was our hardest design challenge yet. When we built Invisible, we had a vision of what the game would be: a tight, all killer, no filler spy thriller where every action mattered, and every decision could be your last. We spent years developing this concept, and putting it through the ringer in Early Access. We’ve now officially launched, and we’re relieved that players are enjoying it.

So, what have we been doing since launch? First, we’ve been keeping track of all the bugs and suggestions that have been posted, as well as our automated error reporter, which tells us when something goes wrong, even when players might not see the issues themselves (for example, if an animation is missing for a few frames). Since we launched, we’ve put out a half dozen hot fixes.

We think we’ve caught the majority of the bugs (though of course, there will always be more to be squashed), and we’re now looking into the future. This is what we’re working on:

Free Content!

We’re already working on a free update to the game for all you wonderful people. Our first free content update will include some sweet new programs to play with. Here’s a sneak peek:

post-202377-0-28643800-1432337647.png

We are working on a good half dozen programs, and we’ll introduce them over time as they are ready. We’d also like to dive a bit deeper on another game mode, and we’re throwing around a few ideas here. They’re a lot of work, but we also feel they create a lot of replayability.

New Agent Pack

One of the best things about Invisible is how much a new starting suite can change your play style. Whether you’re packing Central with Faust, or dual wielding with Nika, new agents can greatly affect your trajectory. We’re looking into new Agent DLC pack, featuring agents from the now defunct Pan-Euro Infosec Agency. We think adding to the roster is not only great for the game, it also gives us more ways to delve into their backstory. We haven’t worked out the details or pricing for this yet, but we’d love to hear your feedback.

We launched this game into Alpha in early 2014, Early Access in the Fall of 2014, and now we’ve officially launched, but that doesn’t mean we’re done supporting the game. 

Thank you once again for sticking with us!

We’re looking into new Agent DLC pack, featuring agents from the now defunct Pan-Euro Infosec Agency.

Oh snap! The PEIA? Amazing! I'm so happy to hear that you're still working on adding great stuff to this game after it's been released. Keep making the best content always! Klei Entertainment never fails to impress.

I never heard of this game until it officially launched and honestly this is one of the most engaging strategy games that I've ever played. The mechanics are top notch. I love that you're adding new content, and hopefully we'll see more of omnicorp!

We'll take more of these please: 

agents

augments

weapons

items

corps

special missions and/or mission types

basically more of everything :D

The thing I'd loved is more mission type (precisely more handcrafted mission like the final one). The final mission in Early Access is pretty fun even if it's not as hard as Omni Corps. The fact that your courier has a limited lifespan before he must be out of the building build tension and requires planning as much as Omni Corps's. I'm a little bit dissapointed to find that the courier mission is turned into a sidequest in the Advanced Tech mission without a limited lifespan.

And from what I remember there's also another interrogation mission that also shows up in endless after day 4 in Early Access.

Thanks for the update Bigfoot and the amazing Klei team. Great news indeed! I'm extremely glad that Invisible, Inc. will be getting future content which I will gladly and eagerly support! Invisible, Inc. is already a pretty good game, and building on these solid mechanics in a variety of ways will only propel it into a much greater game! Not once have I felt cheated upon an agents death, and that really says alot about the amount of effort the dev team puts into it from the ground up. Great work guys!

I also heard about the game only after it launched and was very pleasantly surprised, one of the best strategy games I've played in years.

Are there any plans to launch this game for the iPad? Would love to have it on the go!

Thanks!

I am very happy to hear the game will be supported past launch. Being a fan of stealth, turn-based strategy and team-based-tactics games this is a dream come true combination... and executed flawlessly. Seriously, you guys get better with every game you made. 

I am all for the new agents. 

I would love to have more lore injected into the game (it seems there is a lot you guys know, and we don't:-). If there is lore and backstory you consider worth telling, I would love to have it in the game. Either in a form of a simple, unlockable codex, but something more creative is always welcome.

New agents, tools and programs are always welcome. As long as the DLC will be priced fairly reasonably I am all for it. 

I am curious what is the new game mode, but it seems many people carve for a longer campaign experience. The endless mode works very well for the first 10 days but then I usually end up killing my team (intentionally. I would appreciate "retire" option if I want to end the game... maybe some Civ-like rating based on score and performance would be good.)

But back to campaign. I would love to have a longer campaign (maybe spanning throughout 12 days?) but with more "special missions" in it. For example first one on day 4th, next one on 8th and the final one on 12ve. A bit like boss encounters in Crypt of Necrodancer. 

Also if there are some abandoned mechanics or ideas which you think would add to the game but would require more development time, I would be happy to see a bigger expansion (like Reign of Giants.)

Overall, looking forward to anything Inv Inc (or Klei) related in the future!

Really happy to hear that guys! Was wondering what was in the pipeline now the game's out of Early Access, and was hoping for more agents and explored backstories.

By the way, I totally figured out what that Flare program does with some advanced squinting, sounds like a good one for hitting that last safe before you dash!

New Agent Pack
One of the best things about Invisible is how much a new starting suite can change your play style. Whether you’re packing Central with Faust, or dual wielding with Nika, new agents can greatly affect your trajectory. We’re looking into new Agent DLC pack, featuring agents from the now defunct Pan-Euro Infosec Agency. We think adding to the roster is not only great for the game, it also gives us more ways to delve into their backstory. We haven’t worked out the details or pricing for this yet, but we’d love to hear your feedback.

Yes, please. I'll probably buy it at any price.

First, I'd like to thank you for making such an excellent game! I love turn based games, and squad-based tactical games, stealth games, cyberpunk, and noir. I never expected to find all those elements in the same game, let alone executed so well.

Second, I appreciate that you chose to use Lua. After beating a game, I enjoy fiddling with and customizing the games I play on subsequent playthroughs.

As for feedback regarding what I might like to see from you in the future, I'd love to be able to rescue Sharp, Prism, and any other additional characters you may choose to add to the game. I can certainly understand potential story reasons for why Central, the Archive version of agents, and possibly Monst3r wouldn't be rescuable - but I'm not quite sure why Sharp and Prism aren't.

I tried manually creating entries for Sharp and Prism in TEMPLATE_AGENCY in the serverdefs.lua. However, as it caused my game to boot to a blank, blackscreen, I must be missing a reference somewhere. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually; but I'm guessing a wider audience might like to have the opportunity to encounter agents other than the current six in rescue missions - especially if you add more.

Oh, I suppose it may be interesting to see archive versions of Sharp, Prism, Central, and Monst3r.

That said, no matter what additional content you generate, I'm sure it will be excellent.

Thank you again for making a great game!

I don't seem to have the ability to edit my own posts to update them, so...

...I tried manually creating entries for Sharp and Prism in TEMPLATE_AGENCY in the serverdefs.lua. However, as it caused my game to boot to a blank, blackscreen, I must be missing a reference somewhere. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually...

...and I did manage to figure it out.

Maru "Wheeler" Anderson.

Short description:

Maru has his legs paralyzed since birth, but that doesn't mean he is not a good asset to the team. His overly-trained brain do things out of the ordinary.

Augment - Psychic Data - His psychic power allows him to automatically have things hacked in range of 4 tiles (but will become locked again if he gets out of range). Does not trigger daemons.

Item - He holds an unique item Neurological Headband that cannot be recharged. It has 3 uses and can make a distraction within 12 tiles of his current location with impact radius of 6 tiles.

Sounds powerful eh?

Now the downsides:

Augment - Conscience Alarm - Every alarm level, you lose 5 PWR.

His AP is limited at 6 and cannot be raised via Speed upgrade.

Can not hold any other items (not even a take-down weapon). His starting item is the only item he will ever have.

He cannot carry bodies. So strength is meaningless.

In the end, I don't know how this will work out as I can't test it, but I would want a Xavier type of agent.

This game has rocked my socks off, and I'm thrilled to hear that you've got plans to continue supporting the game and release additional content. Hope you all managed to get some celebrations in there after launch!

A new mode and additional agents both sound like a great idea. I love how you managed to convey so much narrative just through these simple, iconic characters that are all instantly recognizable and unforgettable. The art design (and the character design specifically) is so, so awesome.

Can't wait for more Invisible.

That's so good news.  

Suggestions on Broken English ahead:

1. Would be great to have even more "corporation-mission-exclusive" decor elements (and for objectives, Sankaku-reskin of Chief Executive Suite etc) and some variety of lighting effects (different types of greenish shader for K&O etc), and some little graphic touches for magnetic reinforced devices (a bit "Omnified" skins for drones and turrets for example). Skins for different Corp's CFO and captains? Maybe some more visual and sound "energy" for projectiles of high-tier guards.

Aesthetic details that will add + to overall mood of exact mission and to interest to explore next one. 

2. Cyber Consciousness themed agent: can capture an device in wireless distance for next turn (or more, but that's a min) without activating Daemon, and without rebooting when he/she go away (and without shooting via drones, to balance it, or maybe it must work for static-objects only? capture but no control?),  but will have unreplenishable "0 AP and 0 attack" all next turn (or more, but not KO state, when nobody shoot him) so will be easiest target (and what if this state also will produce some noise?). I can imagine fun new tactics at detention centers etc. 

Actually I'd really like to see agency and guards share more tech: cloaks for rare guards (at least for a turn?) and barrier-rigs for agents (definitely just for a turn and one-shot block only, exclusive FTM loot) etc, so reverse-characters appears in mind: agent who can block scanning on short distance around him/her, null-agent who block Plastech repacturers recapture (but what he will do versus other corps then? damn) etc

And moar and moar throwable items > :grin:

A bit of equal rights maybe? (female versions of elite and special units?)

In addition to "skins for different Corp's CFO and captains": maybe chance of K&O CFO as archetypal wanna-be-commando/general, little bulky "aibo-hardware-enhanced" look for Sankaku (fancy floating chair or device for CFO maybe?), cold-blooded mad-surgery type lady-CEO for Plastech, and current beardy-boss for FTM.

That's so good news.  

Suggestions on Broken English ahead:

1. Would be great to have even more "corporation-mission-exclusive" decor elements (and for objectives, Sankaku-reskin of Chief Executive Suite etc) and some variety of lighting effects (different types of greenish shader for K&O etc), and some little graphic touches for magnetic reinforced devices (a bit "Omnified" skins for drones and turrets for example). Skins for different Corp's CFO and captains? Maybe some more visual and sound "energy" for projectiles of high-tier guards.

Aesthetic details that will add + to overall mood of exact mission and to interest to explore next one. 

2. Cyber Consciousness themed agent: can capture an device in wireless distance for next turn (or more, but that's a min) without activating Daemon, and without rebooting when he/she go away (and without shooting via drones, to balance it, or maybe it must work for static-objects only? capture but no control?),  but will have unreplenishable "0 AP and 0 attack" all next turn (or more, but not KO state, when nobody shoot him) so will be easiest target (and what if this state also will produce some noise?). I can imagine fun new tactics at detention centers etc. 

Actually I'd really like to see agency and guards share more tech: cloaks for rare guards (at least for a turn?) and barrier-rigs for agents (definitely just for a turn and one-shot block only, exclusive FTM loot) etc, so reverse-characters appears in mind: agent who can block scanning on short distance around him/her, null-agent who block Plastech repacturers recapture (but what he will do versus other corps then? damn) etc

And moar and moar throwable items > :grin:

Im totally for number 1. Also, in the Endless difficulty were there are Omni and Coporation Soldiers, the Coporation Soliders should get an Omni skin. (Omni Modded MK1 would be so cool).

Also, the shared tech would be cool (you know: Modded Mk2)

Ah good to see this is going to have updates!

We do need though:

An alternative version for Prism, Sharp, Gladstone and Monst3r,

Visual changes for portraits of alternative characters.

Yes.

Ok, now my own and other ideas I have seen floating around:

1. Somekind of ingame wiki with informations about the corps etc.

2. Safes with the gear of the captured agents in detention centers

3. Decker rework, his Early Access was way better that this (Shalem is Ok if you work on 3.)

4. Omni as a real Coporation, please? And somewhat change difficulty 10. K&O and Plastek are super easy in comparision to FTM and Sankaku

5. Offical Mod suport? Should be time consuming, but well worth it for both sites

6. 2 Agents:

Shopcat/Rattlesn4ke

From the lore, we dont have any information about this 2(Rattlesn4ke isnt even in the game anymore) so why dont merge this 2 "legends" :-)

Has 2 starting augments

First Augment: Every 3 turns, Shopcat change in Rattlesn4ke and via visa. Fabricator is revealed upon entering the level. If you are Shopcat, guards do not notice you in the area where they normaly would notice you. As Rattlesn4ke, Hacking a consol shows 2 consols. If there are no more, Rattlesn4ke gets 1 extra power.

Secound Augment: Rattlesn4ke and Shopcat have there own inventory. This means double the storage, but only accessable by there owner

Normal Disruptor with this extra effect (+1 KO if used by Rattlesn4ke or -1 cooldown if used by Shopcat)

Starts with 2 Hacking and 2 anarchie

Linus "HK" Hille (totally not my name)

With his manufactory, tactics and programing skills, he was able to work on special augments, which alow him to operate on the field while still beeing able to get the complete situation.

Augment: If this agent observes or if an enemy is taged, you see the action for the next 2 turns instead of 1. if you KO an enemy, the enemy will be tagt.

Normal starting gear+1cooldowns

Tag Pistol (5 truns cooldown)

+1 anarchie

If you guys are willing, it could be kind of neat to add in an Armory mission type.

It would be a lot like the high tech gear mission, but instead of getting one high-powered item, you'd get a handful (3, maybe?) tier 1 items, like neural disruptors, basic EMP packs, etc. One of the common complaints is that its hard to get basic stuff for additional agents, and this would set you up really well without having to bust out the credits at a nanofab.

I would also really like new guards, especially for late-game (day 5+). Things get kind of stale, so what about:

K&O: some kind of trigger happy guy. K&O is all about excessive firepower and one of their elite guards will immediately fire on agents instead of going into overwatch. Maybe also have him lay down a hail of bullets upon interest points prior to investigating once alerted, or something like that. He does, however, have to reload, which gives a useful opportunity to take him out.

Sankaku: a repair tech guy, who brings blasted drones back online. This prevents the oh so useful strategy in Sankaku missions of "shoot every robot that moves," and somewhat balanced out by the fact that robots in general don't raise the alarm level when they die.

Plastech: I feel like some more variation is sorely needed in plastech guards in general. I think they just have elites, MK1s, and regulars, which is kind of boring. I don't really know what but something related to modification and **** would be nice. Maybe a "twin" guard, where two guards are networked together and can work as a single unit, but also suffer from being knocked out by the other guy getting KO'd.

If you guys are willing, it could be kind of neat to add in an Armory mission type.

It would be a lot like the high tech gear mission, but instead of getting one high-powered item, you'd get a handful (3, maybe?) tier 1 items, like neural disruptors, basic EMP packs, etc. One of the common complaints is that its hard to get basic stuff for additional agents, and this would set you up really well without having to bust out the credits at a nanofab.

I would also really like new guards, especially for late-game (day 5+). Things get kind of stale, so what about:

K&O: some kind of trigger happy guy. K&O is all about excessive firepower and one of their elite guards will immediately fire on agents instead of going into overwatch. Maybe also have him lay down a hail of bullets upon interest points prior to investigating once alerted, or something like that. He does, however, have to reload, which gives a useful opportunity to take him out.

Sankaku: a repair tech guy, who brings blasted drones back online. This prevents the oh so useful strategy in Sankaku missions of "shoot every robot that moves," and somewhat balanced out by the fact that robots in general don't raise the alarm level when they die.

Plastech: I feel like some more variation is sorely needed in plastech guards in general. I think they just have elites, MK1s, and regulars, which is kind of boring. I don't really know what but something related to modification and **** would be nice. Maybe a "twin" guard, where two guards are networked together and can work as a single unit, but also suffer from being knocked out by the other guy getting KO'd.

I like for plastech the regenerativ nanocells from the hidden ending mission in the beta. These KO an enemy instead when he normally got killed

Wow, this is awesome! Normally, i have very mixed feelings about "dlcs", but considering the STUNNING performance Klei has delivered so far (from the great early access over the support in the forum and the awesome release version of II) i have no worries at all that Klei would do anything here which might actually disappoint in the end. (For many other publishers, dlcs seem to be the tool of choice when they feel like disappointing everyone again. But thats another story, and Klei definitely does many things right where other publishers fail :) )

I will gladly buy any dlc for Invisible Inc, if it keeps up the great quality of the game (and I have no doubt that it does) Now as everyone is telling their wishes, here is what I would just LOVE to see:

1. Give a little more Lore and Background Stories to the characters and everything. Just bring a bit more "story" and "sidestory" in it. I mean it would be awesome if the characters would say a little bit more than only one sentence at the very beginning. How great would it be if there were some interactions between different teams? Like when you have Internationale and Shalem on the Team, Internationale will actually say something like "Would you mind to keep your gun cold this time?" and Shalem coming back with a picky reply. Something like that, like small dialogues.

tl;dr: I would just like to get to know a bit more about the lore and backstory. And maybe more about the stories of all the agents and how they interact with each other. Are there any sympathies? Rivalries? Stuff like that?

2. Like previously said, a few more "unique" missions would definitely be fun.

But whatever you may have planned for us, i'm looking forward to it with great anticipation! :)

I tried modding in regenrative nanocells for my additional guards mod, but it no longer works as intended. The guards are KOd, but it's a different type of KO. They never wake up, and hovering over them says that it's an agent that is down.

Oh yeah, I was going to say that we should have official mod support.

For those who haven't finished story-mode, don't look!

I was one of the Early Access people.  After finishing my 2nd story-mode run, the first on Experienced (for the unlock) and this time on Expert, I'm thinking that the ultimate DLC would be some kind of another story mode going against Incognita.  Longer than 3 days would be better, so that you could really build up a team and make important decisions without being too subject to the randomness of missions available and agents found at detention centers.  5-6 days seems good to me.

Unless Klei is planning on an Invisible Inc. 2, this Incognita twist is the major part of the narrative that needs to be addressed.  Yes, it's cool to leave it hanging and I'd have no problem with that, but I personally would pay as much as a full game to get a story mode vs Incognita.  Could Rattlesnake be the replacement for Incognita, or Kitty?

I don't have much time to play due to having a little one to take care of whenever I'm not working, so those with Endless Mode experience might have a better idea of what DLC will make the game last longer.  This is just something I am thinking of in the moment after finishing my 2nd story-mode run.

Archived