OS 10.8.5 gameplay slowdown (steam)

Jabberwok

I've seen a number of topics about poor performance on Macs, but nothing that fixed the problem for me, or was precisely the same. What I don't understand is that the game ran almost perfectly from the time I bought it, when it was first released for Mac, up until a few months ago. I've played through the entire thing multiple times and had no problems, but recently it has been running so slow that it is unplayable. I don't know if this is because of changes made in an update, or something else.

I have a laptop with a Geforce GT 650M. It has an integrated card also, and I already went into the energy saver control panel and turned off graphics switching, so it should be set to use high performance all the time. I thought this was helping at first, but the slowdowns are still pretty terrible.

As I said in the subject, I'm running 10.8.5. Processor is a 2.6 GHz i7, and it has 8 gigs of memory.

As a test, I ran the standalone version I had installed, which is probably a couple years old, and it runs much faster even with other programs open. However it doesn't have the updates, DLC, or any saves, so I would love to get the Steam version running the way it used to. Any advice?

Jabberwok Hmm, that is odd. We're looking into this at the moment. In the meantime, we've set up a branch you can switch to that will allow address the performance issue on your machine.

• Right-click Mark of the Ninja on Steam > choose properties.
  • Go to Betas and choose "previousbuild -" and close the window.
  • Launch Mark of the Ninja

Archived