When Don't Starve meets Scribblenauts

Hello fellow forum members!

I've been spending some time playing Scribblenauts Unlimited and using its Object Editor Tool I created this:

Tallbird

post-1385-1376458987739_thumb.jpg

You can get it here, using Steam Workshop.

As detailed in the item's description, I wasn't able to make it spawn an egg from time to time because the egg would always break when it hits the ground. Sad, sad.

Update 1. It now drops meat (ham) when it dies.

Fun facts about this creation:

• The base object for the Tallbird was a Flamingo.

• I used a black Pompom to make its body.

• The first version had little wings on the sides, but it acted quite weird and I removed it.

• As in Don't Starve, it cannot fly.

So, I'm probably going to make more Don't Starve related stuff in Scribblenauts and I'm going to post them in this thread. Also, feel free to contribute and post your own Don't Starve related creations!

Oh, and I'm sorry if this infringes any copyright rule or something. If so, just tell me and I will take it off... And cry a bit.

Edited by A Bad Feeling
Updated!

New content!

Pigman

post-1385-13764589918999_thumb.jpg

You can get it here using Steam Workshop.

As detailed in the item's description:

It plays a "speaking" ballon when it gets close to humans.

When you feed them meat they become friendly and protective (also courageous).

Set them on fire to see them running crazy just like in Don't Starve!

Drops meat (ham) and pigskin (skin) when it dies.

• The base object was, obviously, a pig.

• I used letters "I" painted black to do the eyebrows and hair on its back.

• It can wear hats!

• The first version played an animation every time it got close to a human, but it was weird and created some unwanted interpretations.

• I had to add "courageous" as long with the other adjectives so it wouldn't run from danger.

• I used a miniskirt item to do - well - their skirt.

I hope you guys like it!

Oh, and please leave some feedback as I'm doing more Don't Starve related stuff.

Thanks you both! I will probably do Spider Queen Soon.

So, new content!

Pig King

post-1385-13764589924021_thumb.jpg

You can get it here using Steam Workshop.

As detailed in the item's description, you can give him meat or any interesting object and he will reward you with gold!

• The base object was - of course - a pig.

• It cannot move, just as in Don't Starve.

• I used a galaxy painted black to do his navel!

• His crown is made of grass.

• Once again I used the letter "I" painted black to do the eyebrows.

Enjoy and please comment!

Got some cool stuff there. Also, never played Scribblenauts, what's it like? I assume by the name that you draw stuff?

umm... no, you write things and they come real. you use any word to solve puzzels. say, you need to blow up the wall in several colors i.e fireworks! on the computer version you can make certain characters and share them, so he is sharing his don't starve creations with us. blahlahblah. sayingtheblahobvious. blahblahbblah. :p

umm... no, you write things and they come real. you use any word to solve puzzels. say, you need to blow up the wall in several colors i.e fireworks! on the computer version you can make certain characters and share them, so he is sharing his don't starve creations with us. blahlahblah. sayingtheblahobvious. blahblahbblah. :p

Okay, thanks. It sounds pretty cool, I may try it out in the future.

[EDIT]

Thank you!

You can learn more about Scribblenauts by watching this video:

Thanks!

...oh wait a minute....Welp, now I feel dumb, I have played this before. Excuse me while I run to the corner of shame.

Edited by jujubomber
Well, a different version of it at least

I did end up buying this game when it was on sale. I loved the two DS games, so it seemed like an obvious buy.

... it's kinda horrible compared to the previous two. The puzzles are all way too easy, and why is there no Level Editor? Plus the story is literally being told to young children. And why is there no Level Editor?

I am disappoint.

I did end up buying this game when it was on sale. I loved the two DS games, so it seemed like an obvious buy.

... it's kinda horrible compared to the previous two. The puzzles are all way too easy, and why is there no Level Editor? Plus the story is literally being told to young children. And why is there no Level Editor?

I am disappoint.

man why all the date?*ahte *hate?

dud theis game looks so chill and stuff, and, i have no idea hwere i was going withthis. I should stoop posting in other threads while like this 8)

Edited by jujubomber
ima regret this post when i osber later aren't I ?

I'm not necessarily hating on the game, just saying that it has less content than a DS game that came out three years ago and ditched a major addition that the sequel had two years ago.

It's fun by its own rights, just nowhere near as good as the others in the franchise.

... and for the sake of staying on topic:

Mt Attempt at making Wilson.

I'm not necessarily hating on the game, just saying that it has less content than a DS game that came out three years ago and ditched a major addition that the sequel had two years ago.

It's fun by its own rights, just nowhere near as good as the others in the franchise.

... and for the sake of staying on topic:

Mt Attempt at making Wilson.

Sorry for my choice of words a few hours back. And though I haven't played much of the series, I can relate to the feeling when something is lacking in what it's predecessors had.

Also, cool Wilson! :)

Edited by jujubomber
Yup, regretted the last post all right.

I too suffer with the lack of a Level Editor, but other than that the game is just wonderful for me.

I also have to agree with ScienceMachine about solving the problems in the most creative way possible.

Oh, and Wilson looks nice! You gave me some ideas to make his hair. I will probably try to do my own take on Wilson later.