Sketchyness

Hypno

Well..I am trying (and struggling) to create a character.The problem is that I can't figure out how to make him look a bit more (sketchy) I have established making his hair look quite "random" but the inside is just plain Grey that I cannot stand and it HAS to change. I am using Paint.NET . Any artists out there that can give me a couple tips,please give this Newbie a hand.

~Appreciated

i use gimp instead of Paint.NET, but i guess i works pretty much the same:

unselect everything outside of the outer line of the hair(this should make it, so u can only draw inside the selected area), add a new layer so u dont draw directy on what u allready have there and then grap some pencil-, pen- or brush-tool with some drawdynamics(changing size and other stuff depending on how fast u move) and just start throwing in fast lines along the hairflow. if u dont like it, just clear that layer and try again, it will get better. if the lines are too big, clump up to much or just cover too much, scale up the resolution of the image and/or play around with the pensettings.

I created the Hair while having in mind the old Wice. Does the position of the templates matter? ( I made move 1 template up and another one down etc..) Also, Wice needs Ice to create his boomerang. Ice can be found only in RoG is it legal to code Ice into default DS? 

since u aint far yet, use this instead to create your character:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/950-extended-sample-character/

there are pngs for each part in the exported folder, u can just edit them and when u start the game while having the dont starve mod tools installed, it automatically converts them into textures.

in the exported folder is also a .scml file(spriter file), which u can open with spriter from the dont starve mod tools to check on the position of stuff u have changed without starting the game each time.

As for the Ice: ofc u can just add it to DS, but u will probably have to create your own version of ice, that doesnt use RoG-only mechanics like cooling and figure out how u want it to be obtained, since DS doesnt spawn it by itself like RoG does.

then just draw on paper and scan/photo it in and put it on the template! would probably fit better than badly done art on the pc.

but u cant expect your art to look like kleis, if u dont invest the time and effort^^

i use gimp instead of Paint.NET,

Agreed, GIMP seems a far better program. I'll use paint.net if I need to clean up any reference material, then drag and drop references into gimp as a new layer. It just seems easier to modify corrections, add layers and , well just do more stuff in GIMP then in paint.net.

Archived