Mod Tools and Spriter?

Taryn

I'm trying to get set up to make some mods for Don't Starve, and a lot of the tutorials have mentioned needing 'Don't Starve Mod Tools' and one even said that Spriter came bundled with them??

I've been scouring the forums for ages and I feel like a huge dummy but I can't find the appropriate link to these resources. Could someone please point me in the right direction? It would be a huge help.

So sorry for this x.x I feel like it's such a stupid question but honestly I'm having such a tough time finding it in the stickies.

@Seiai Thank you, I've actually already tried this. I have it installed, I've also tried changing it to the publicpreview beta. When I open 'Don't Starve Mod tools', all it does is open 'ModUploader'. My understanding is that the mod tools were supposed to include textool and spriter at least? I've searched my machine and I can't find any mention of either of these. I'm extremely confused. I'm so sorry for the trouble but thank you for responding! Do you know what I'm doing wrong here?

open steam and click on "library" and "tools" and look for "dont starve mod tools" and rightclick on it and u have the option to launch the differnt applications^^

alternatively u can go to SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools and go the folder of the tool u wanan open and open it.

@Seiai,  

Sorry to continue being a bother x.x I feel like this might just be a mac issue.Which I thought was weird seeing as I was able to grab spriter from it's website.

Right click on on the tools in steam only gives me the typical steam options (Play game, etc.)

akzOUcY.png

But here's a screenshot of the entire mod tools folder. The only applications present are sublime text (Which I already had haha), tiled, and mod uploader.

267feb6b34c5b6391329bd54f6e36566.png

I have spriter from another source now, but I'm still missing Tex Tool

Sorry to continue being a bother x.x I feel like this might just be a mac issue.Which I thought was weird seeing as I was able to grab spriter from it's website.

Right click on on the tools in steam only gives me the typical steam options (Play game, etc.)

I have spriter from another source now, but I'm still missing Tex Tool

Weird. Anyways, here's a visual and a command line version of the Tex Tools (the latter also has a simple anim decompiler)

Archived