[General] - Spiders will attack Chesty when you pick the Spider child

NooDota

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Spiders will attack Chesty when you pick the Spider child

Issue Description: Hello, I'm new to DST, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it looks like it.

If you pick the newly added Spider hero (whatever his name is, the one who ate the kid), and pick up an Eye Bone, Chesty will appear (if that's his name), but the spiders around you will attack him, I don't think that is intended. It makes him somewhat useless if you have too many spiders around you.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Pick the Spider kid

2. Pick up an Eye Bone

3. Go near a spider nest

Result: The spiders will attack the chest

Expected result: Spiders should remain friendly to your chest

Like what? I'm new to the game and my friends said he doesn't have many useful stuff, besides spiders not attacking him. 

1. Spiders don't attack him, removing a large threat from early game

2. He starts off with spider eggs, making him a stronger early-game character

3. He can eat monster meat with no penalties

4. He can make spiders his allies

1. Spiders don't attack him, removing a large threat from early game

2. He starts off with spider eggs, making him a stronger early-game character

3. He can eat monster meat with no penalties

4. He can make spiders his allies

1. That's a neutral point, not a positive one

2. Spiders are a lot in the world. You might even spawn near an existing spider den. Putting a spider den nearby a base you've made does not help you out, as by the time you've made a base, you probably would already have found at least one nest (not always the case, but most of the times).

3. That's a neutral point as well. He only gets hunger and neither of the other stats up when eating monster meat. What also is weird in particular is that when he eats raw normal meat, he loses sanity, while when he eats raw monster meat, he doesn't get sanity penalty. There's not much difference for him when he eats Raw monster meat, cooked monster meat, monster lasagna or monster jerky.

4. On the other hand, Pigs who are more powerful in fact are hostile to him. Him being able to befriend spiders means nothing if spiders naturally don't defend him.

Points that make Webber look like an un-complete or a bad character:

a) Since he does look like a spider, you'd think that if he gets attacked nearby a spider den by something other than a spider, or is near spiders in a particular area, the spiders would defend him and go in attack, even though not befriended and do not follow him, but would still defend him. They don't do that. Which means you'll need a lot of meat in order to get any benefit from trying to use spiders for something good.

b) Even befriended spiders kill attack other players if the other players are not Webber. This means that the Webber player(s) must not have a spider army in order to not be inconvenient for other players.

c) Webber gets no sanity penalty from raw monster meat, but gets sanity penalty from normal monster meat. Like, wtf? He even says that monster meat "hurts his tummy" while actually it does nothing bad for him.

An excellent and balanced character to use? I think not. Seems more like a character in-progress which has not been balanced still. No wonder why people use Wigfrid and other characters more often and why Webber players often need to build separate bases.

1. That's a neutral point, not a positive one

2. Spiders are a lot in the world. You might even spawn near an existing spider den. Putting a spider den nearby a base you've made does not help you out, as by the time you've made a base, you probably would already have found at least one nest (not always the case, but most of the times).

3. That's a neutral point as well. He only gets hunger and neither of the other stats up when eating monster meat. What also is weird in particular is that when he eats raw normal meat, he loses sanity, while when he eats raw monster meat, he doesn't get sanity penalty. There's not much difference for him when he eats Raw monster meat, cooked monster meat, monster lasagna or monster jerky.

4. On the other hand, Pigs who are more powerful in fact are hostile to him. Him being able to befriend spiders means nothing if spiders naturally don't defend him.

Points that make Webber look like an un-complete or a bad character:

a) Since he does look like a spider, you'd think that if he gets attacked nearby a spider den by something other than a spider, or is near spiders in a particular area, the spiders would defend him and go in attack, even though not befriended and do not follow him, but would still defend him. They don't do that. Which means you'll need a lot of meat in order to get any benefit from trying to use spiders for something good.

b) Even befriended spiders kill attack other players if the other players are not Webber. This means that the Webber player(s) must not have a spider army in order to not be inconvenient for other players.

c) Webber gets no sanity penalty from raw monster meat, but gets sanity penalty from normal monster meat. Like, wtf? He even says that monster meat "hurts his tummy" while actually it does nothing bad for him.

An excellent and balanced character to use? I think not. Seems more like a character in-progress which has not been balanced still. No wonder why people use Wigfrid and other characters more often and why Webber players often need to build separate bases.

You do have a point partly. The 2 things you mentioned as neutral arent neutral at all, they are good. Spiders can be a pain in the ass while you set up a base. I consider myself a very seasoned player since I've been playing for a long time and unless you have memorized the pattern of attack of all the 3 levels of spiders you're gonna have a bad day (if you're a new player maybe even with armor) on the meat subject they just traded monster meat for regular meat minus the added bonus of some health however i do agree with you in the fact that he should get some health from monster meat like non-monster players get from normal meat and 2) that spiders should defend him (at least against non-monster threats because it'll be overkill if you can build a huge spider army for everything) and spiders shouldnt attack other players because it is an inconvenience.  Anyhow i dont really use him because of that (because i ususally play with people and they'll most likely get attacked) but they should balance him a lot more in stuff like the meat, or monster befriending because to be honest i use every character other than himb (my favorite being wx-38 or whatever his name is :p i just call him wally)

Archived