Wigfrid dietary exception (tweak):

I've been playing for a while now as Wigfrid and while I understand and even enjoy her carnivorous diet as a character & gameplay attribute, I disagree with a couple of small things:

• The inability to ingest ice: Being able to ingest ice wouldn't break her character/carnivorous nature seeing as you'd need water no matter what your dietary restrictions. It'd seriously help out in the summer early on if you weren't able to properly prepare. Even if you were able to prepare, it'd help for emergence situations. 
  • The inability to ingest dairy: More of a personal gripe than anything, most people again would need this in their diet regardless of their dietary restrictions (Unless lactose intolerant). Plus milk & butter seem to go hand in hand with meat when you consider they can all come from the same animal (realistically speaking). It's a small benefit that wouldn't hurt her dietary gameplay aspect seeing as you'd get very little of these items, it's just be nice to use them rather than have them go to waste. 
  • The inability to ingest butterfly wings: Now this might not be as "meaty" as other animals, but it's still a part of the animal that you can hunt. It'd be nice to be able to occasionally get a small health boost for when your incredibly low on health and don't want to risk fighting a few spiders/mobs to regain a few points of HP. Plus c'mon, she can eat "plant matter" like meat but not these?

Anyway, please consider this small tweak Klei. I know that this character was built for a certain playstyle but these are relatively small changes for more dire situations that'd be a real benefit, especially DST's playstyle of mobs being tougher and the need for teamwork.

In terms of characterisation, Wigfird only eats meat because it's "Food fit for a warrior" not because it comes from animals or anything.

An extremely limited diet isn't a problem for anyone else (and people dying from a limited diet is a recorded issue) so I'd be inclined to let it slide.

The Ice thing is a pain, yes. Which is why I suggested a "Steaksicle" as a crockpot recipe.

@BrushStroke, I agree with what you're saying regarding the ice to some level... but the dairy and butterfly as @SapphireBullets states are not

"Food fit for a warrior"

Her character is a "method actor" who has sunk very deep into her role to the point that she has conditioned herself to eat meat and only meat as the she stated when inspecting meat as "the true fruit of the earth" and anything else would be "Food not fit for a warrior"

It is also made as that as to balance out her unbelievable ability to regenerate health and sanity upon killing an opponent with the use of her x1.25 damage modifier and powerful and personal (and cheep) armor and weapon...

I agree with the being able to eat butterfly wings cause extra protein...and cause when you examine cut reeds she says "I cleaned all the bugs öut! Then I ate them." so It would make sense cause she has eaten bugs before.

Archived