Now I Feel Stupid...

So while gardening and preparing for the upcoming winter I was going about my business and planting a seed, fertilize. Plant another, fertilize that. Planted another seed and accidentally fertilized the garden twice and what happens? "pop" the vegetable grows instantly??!  What? You mean to tell me I have been playing DS for a year and just figured out that you can grow plants instantly? Here I was waiting for them to grow?  Omg...cant believe I missed that haha.

It's worth noting (as a fellow Bostonian I feel compelled to "help", it's a Masshole-thing) that the number of fertilizers you need depends not just on the kind of fertilizer used but also on the kind of farm-plot.

So just as it takes more rot to "pop" a vegetable than it does manure, it also takes more fertilizer to "pop" a vegetable in a basic farm than it would in an advanced farm.

(not that it really matters, I mean, who actually makes basic farms?)

It's worth noting (as a fellow Bostonian I feel compelled to "help", it's a Masshole-thing) that the number of fertilizers you need depends not just on the kind of fertilizer used but also on the kind of farm-plot.

So just as it takes more rot to "pop" a vegetable than it does manure, it also takes more fertilizer to "pop" a vegetable in a basic farm than it would in an advanced farm.

(not that it really matters, I mean, who actually makes basic farms?)

Am I correct in the assumption that the farms fertilization state also influences that figure?

I think it doesn't, but I've never tested that.  My knowledge of the fertilization state is still a bit blurry and requires more clarification.

(My impression is that it's mostly binary, either the field is fertilized and works or isn't and doesn't.  Clearly the game tracks how many "uses" the field has used up, but I don't currently believe that effects how fast things grow in it.  So my current "feeling" is that as long as the field can grow things, i.e. "is in the fertilized state", it doesn't matter how fertilized it is.  Obviously if you can't plant a seed in it you can't fertilize the seed, but I doubt that's what we're both talking about.)

Archived