What is the Funniest or Most Unexpected Way You Have Died?

Hmm. I've got to admit, I haven't played all that much recently, but I've died a few ways that I can recall off the top of my head.

There was this one time in which I had been playing a character for the first time, and it was right after the update in which they had released bush hats. So, I had one on day two and I simply couldn't use it correctly until the time I died- which happened to be the day the hounds showed up. So, I heard the hounds from the distance I was like 'Welp, I haven't prepared for this.' and finally clicked the right side of my mouse to activate the bushhat's power, and I just sat there. I totally thought I could completely skip the whole fight- let's just say I was very wrong and ended up dying. Whoops.

The second time? Hmm, its a bit fuzzy now that I think about it, but it was back a long while ago. I kinda killed myself by wandering straight into a spider's area, trying to pick up some of the sticky webbing and the nest's silk after thinking I had cleared the nest the past day. Just like last time, I was very wrong(and on low health) and ended up dying to a spider warrior who happened to be the only spider who still lived there. Umh, welp.

Was chopping trees. All of a sudden spanish inquisition treeguard armies came from nowhere. I believe there was 8, actually....

Anyway, I ran back to my base because I had a houndius shootius there. I managed to kill them all. (Dying once)

and then I realized my houndius shootius did nothing. Thinking it was a bug, I froze it with my ice staff, thinking it would reset after it thawed.

Apparently houndius shootiuses dont like the cold, because it decided to blast me into oblivion a second later. Rip one of my best worlds.

Not a single death but for ease of use I key bound attack and action both to the space key...

*lets pick a flower* Attacks pig army and dies

*lets pick a light bulb caving* attacks rabbit and dies

*lets fish* frog spawns and Wilson attacks frog instead of fishing... frog army... DIES

*bug net out trying to get some fireflies* Attacks swamp tentacle... DIIIIEEEESSSS

:wilson_enraged:

Not a single death but for ease of use I key bound attack and action both to the space key...

*lets pick a flower* Attacks pig army and dies

*lets pick a light bulb caving* attacks rabbit and dies

*lets fish* frog spawns and Wilson attacks frog instead of fishing... frog army... DIES

*bug net out trying to get some fireflies* Attacks swamp tentacle... DIIIIEEEESSSS

:wilson_enraged:

Hahah that sounds complicated, I am glad my console has the buttons mapped out for me. 

I had been a curious idiot, and had been exploring my new world. I had found a swamp, and was collecting all kinds of nice goodies. Tentacles, merms and spiders didn't like me. I got hurt bad. So, I run towards the exit of the swamp when the rain gets heavy. BAM, lightning striked. I was at literally one health, no health restoration items, but plenty of stuff to use back at my base. So, I run home, praying for lightning not to hit me a seco- BAM!

I had been a curious idiot, and had been exploring my new world. I had found a swamp, and was collecting all kinds of nice goodies. Tentacles, merms and spiders didn't like me. I got hurt bad. So, I run towards the exit of the swamp when the rain gets heavy. BAM, lightning striked. I was at literally one health, no health restoration items, but plenty of stuff to use back at my base. So, I run home, praying for lightning not to hit me a seco- BAM!

And they lighting never strikes the same person twice  XD

Last night I died fighting the Deerclops, didn't know the area of his attack extends behind him.  Woke up at a touch stone, grabbed the stuff I left there, and started to head back to my base.  And then I died.  I couldn't figure out how for a second, and then McTusk walked onto the screen.  I'd been darted from offscreen, and died cuz I didn't have any armor on. 

I wasn't too broken up, it was a crappy world.  3 hives in the entire place, no pig king, and I killed that damn walrus 17 times before I got a tusk.

And they lighting never strikes the same person twice  XD

Guess I was lucky then. Time to buy myself a lottery ticket! :razz:

Oh, and how about that time where I decided to hunt a koalafant through a spider infested area? I ran back and forth through all the dens, desperately trying to uncover every track. Being hit and hit again, my only bit of healing was a butterfly wing from a tumbleweed. I didn't wear armor, since it was mid winter, and Wilson had just been stupid enough to shave himself when I told him to shave a beefalo (seriously, later I pushed the same left on the d-pad again and it did shave the beefalo). So, after a spider tsunami and an intense battle with koalafant, I ran back home. I realized I had 6 health left. Without that one butterfly wing, I would've rolled over right there. Most unexpected way I didn't die. 

Worst death ever. I was so angry that I recorded it in a diary entry for historical purposes.

Here is how it happened:

It was at the end of Darkness, thinking this would be the first time I finished Adventure Mode.

Had all the pieces needed, but I was falling apart from the journey and going insane from passing the insanity obelisk barrier.

There I see it.

The final portal, in all its' glory, surrounded by tier 3 spider nests, spider queens and chess pieces. I was running out of light, going crazy and starving. I desperately set the forest on fire and made a run for the portal. Took a few hits, armour broke, but I figured that if I just managed to place the pieces down in a hurry and go, I'd make it. Managed to put all my pieces in the machine, while fire and spiders crawl around me. I look around, and there's an opening! I click on the portal and Wilson runs toward, was JUST about to leave the world when I'm grilled alive by a wave of electricity. Without armour. Needless to say, I fell to my death.

Luckily for me I had four touchstones activated.

Unluckily, I spawned right into the spiders hell where I previously died, and died again before I could make it to the portal.

Then into a swamp without light, where I soon died, without any materials to make light.

Then right between two angry werepigs, who chased me into the dark as Charlie was preparing a shot at me. 

Then I was back at start and luckily, this touchstone had some back up equipment, I thought I'd make it back this time -- but here comes a wave of hounds. But no, I couldn't fight them and so I lead them into a biome full of traps on the ground. 

I ran with my torch, dodging traps as the hounds followed after and I managed to lose them. Sighing with relief, I take a step back and snap goes the jolly trap.

Next thing I know, I'm standing outside of Maxwell's Door back in Sandbox mode.

Only time I've ever ragequit a game.

For the note, I played through Adventure Mode again the next day, and came to Darkness fully prepared. My inventory was full and I was holding a spear when my Miner hat went out and left over a straw hat that I couldn't place down. Struggled to put down my spear or the hat when Charlie decided it's a good time for a surprise attack. And here I thought that nothing could go wrong. 

It was in DST. So, I just created a new public server, and immediately 4 people joined. I only kind of knew one of them, we've rubbed shoulders on some other public server the other day. So there we were: a group of brave adventurous strangers, exploring the freshly-created world.

Suddenly, we came across Beefalo pen trap. I was playing as Willow, and I've never encountered this trap as her before, so I volunteered to gather the resources from the trap, having naively assumed that she's immune to gunpowder too. The result is predictable - I exploded.

But that's not the most embarrassing thing. Oh no. You see, as I died, the night came, all my stuff (including the lighter) burned down, and, for some reason, none of the other players had enough materials to create even a torch, so they spent the night huddled together around my ghost.

Luckily, no one got too mad over my incompetence, we just laughed it off.

...for some reason, none of the other players had enough materials to create even a torch, so they spent the night huddled together around my ghost. Luckily, no one got too mad over my incompetence...

Your death/ghostliness kind of saved them. It'd be dickish of them to complain. But yeah, sounds like you got a cool group there.

BTW your story should also go in that Weird Ways You Survived thread. For the ghost-lamp triple save. ^__^

Edit: I just realized you didn't actually survive. Haha~ but you saved others and it was a funny way of saving them, so...

Once I was playing in a world as WX-78 and it was the middle of the first summer, I was just lollygagging and not paying much attention to the upcoming winter threat. I decided it was high time I killed a koalefant. I had downloaded a mod called Unique Starting Equipment, which gave WX a boomerang for whatever reason.

I was going to use the boomerang to anger the koalefant, so I could then engage with a spear. However, my skills with don't starve were rusty and I had only ever used a boomerang once before in my career in not starving.

I think you can guess what happened next.

There was this one time when I had a 2year long game and was having a great town full of pigs and bunnymen with their own individual pen of stonewalls and was planning to put each of the pens with their own bird in birdcages (yeah I have become one with boredom xD) so I decided to go to the swamps to get lots of reeds on the reed trap set piece (where theres a lot of reeds but filled with tentacles around them), and had destroyed all of the tentacles around them beforehand so I freely gathered a lot of reeds. It was dusk that time and without early notice, I forgot to make a torch (left my lantern and miner hat in my base *facepalm*) so I was finished gathering and was going back to my base, I tried to make a torch not knowing that I only have little hp left about 30% without wearing an armor since I have my inventory and backpack full and then next thing I noticed, wwrrrrrggghhh *swish, swash!!*...

RIP Wilson with his magnificent fully grown beard with a bushhat... Byebye PigBunny Village! O -o

There was this one time when I had a 2year long game and was having a great town full of pigs and bunnymen with their own individual pen of stonewalls and was planning to put each of the pens with their own bird in birdcages (yeah I have become one with boredom xD) so I decided to go to the swamps to get lots of reeds on the reed trap set piece (where theres a lot of reeds but filled with tentacles around them), and had destroyed all of the tentacles around them beforehand so I freely gathered a lot of reeds. It was dusk that time and without early notice, I forgot to make a torch (left my lantern and miner hat in my base *facepalm*) so I was finished gathering and was going back to my base, I tried to make a torch not knowing that I only have little hp left about 30% without wearing an armor since I have my inventory and backpack full and then next thing I noticed, wwrrrrrggghhh *swish, swash!!*...

RIP Wilson with his magnificent fully grown beard with a bushhat... Byebye PigBunny Village! O -o

You would think that you would have prepared a meat effigy by that point in the game, I mean you're even playing as Wilson.

You would think that you would have prepared a meat effigy by that point in the game, I mean you're even playing as Wilson.

Some people refuse to make a meat effigy on principle. They think it's cheating.

(Not that I agree with them. I just read some people debating it somewhere in forums or wiki comments...)

Archived