Sometimes I Draw Don't Starve Stuff

You're back, and your Willow too! :3 What's in her mug btw? Coffee? Chocolate?

fresh blood of feuer-hound?

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Manure

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I kid, I kid. I guess it's hot chocolate. I drink peppermint hot chocolate year round, but especially during the winter time.

Also, the doodles are back! I did these ones in photoshop, since I realized the reason i disliked photoshop before was because the AA on the brushes made my lines feel undefined. The last couple of things I've uploaded on here were done without AA, but this is the first doodle page done this way (old ones had no AA either, but were done in MSpaint). I already work at incredibly high resolutions (things anywhere between 2000-4000 pixels in height) so I don't need AA. That's automatically introduced when I shrink the image.

post-623523-0-98870600-1432274674_thumb.

I tend to imagine female characters as bassists if they were to play instruments. It's probably because I have some weird desire to be in a band with a female bassist. THAT probably stems from the fact that Marceline the Vampire Queen is one of the coolest characters ever. Also I feel like it's pretty obvious which bands I recently started listening to.

Edited by MikeyMusic
  • Like 4

You make Maxwell look like a cool guy. That means you failed drawing the villian...

Juuuuust kiddling

Maxwell is ALWAYS a cool guy. Villains are just misunderstood geniuses who never get enough positive attention

Is that... tiny Wilson in the eye, or am I just imagining things LOL...

Correct :-)

post-623523-0-11265100-1432455665_thumb.

Tried out a non-white background for once, mainly because my eyes were getting sore just from staring at a white screen for so long earlier.

post-623523-0-06172300-1432455671_thumb.

In my head, Wilson is a dork who, without outside influence, only thinks about 3 things: Survival, Science, and Puns. As a foil, I imagine Willow being very free spirited, excited, and spontaneous. She has ideas that are almost the opposite of Wilson's, very often having no practical value, and instead meant to solely provide a sense of fun and wonder. This isn't to say that Willow is the kind of person who would dabble in drugs and vandalize stuff, but simply that she knows how to have fun, even if the fun serves no purpose outside of pleasure.

Also I take back that thing about vandalism I just said. She would willingly (and unwillingly) set things on fire. But aside from that she's a good person! :-)

• Like 6

I don't really like this one but I spent a couple of hours on it last week and I guessssss I'll upload it. I really like freckles but I just couldn't find a good colour scheme.

post-623523-0-32686300-1433209154_thumb.

I feel like nobody would really hug Willow because she's crazy and everybody is afraid of being set on fire, but I also feel like she would totally love giving surprise hugs (which would probably give other people heart attacks because they don't to be set on fire).

post-623523-0-81198900-1433209154_thumb.

• Like 6

im just tired right now

like, way too tired

post-623523-0-37006200-1434005297_thumb.

"Frickin' Wilson said he'd be right back with the grass. Or at least his warm fluffy beard..."

post-623523-0-68157100-1434005292_thumb.

doodles doodles doodles, these doodles kinda suck but I like the way I drew Willow here. I can't draw hands for the life of me, though. Hands or feet. Also I started listening to Florence + The Machine, check her out cuz she's a great singer

Next week is when things aren't busy anymore, and I've wanted to get back to drawing stuff regularly, so hopefully I'll be able to actually do that

hope you're all having a great day/night :-)

• Like 4

I love freezing Willow here, looks sad, yet so cute! She surely needs some warm clothes blanket hug coffee fire Wilson's beard. C: Eh, I'm kinda feeling like her, why the heck it's so cold in my home right now, it's a summer time after all ugh. ><

Btw I haven't thanked you earlier, so thank you, just for being nice to me. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

I love freezing Willow here, looks sad, yet so cute! She surely needs some warm clothes blanket hug coffee fire Wilson's beard. C: Eh, I'm kinda feeling like her, why the heck it's so cold in my home right now, it's a summer time after all ugh. ><

Btw I haven't thanked you earlier, so thank you, just for being nice to me. I really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear that it's cold! I can barely stand winter in New York when I'm out there for school. And of course, I'm always making sure people know that their happiness is what's most important. Nobody should stand in the way of that :-)

You're sitting on a log of fire wood, just saying...

That's a SITTING log though! Everybody knows the official name of the game is "Don't Starve And Make Sure You Have A Sitting Log" duhhhhhh

Neato mosquito as the cool kids say nowadays.

"Neato Mosquito"

"Neato Mosquito"

"Neato Mosquito"

• Like 2

WOAH HEY THIS GUY'S STILL HERE?

yes, I am here! I disappeared for a bit, so I think I'll do some explaining:

I've been working on recording an album for about a year now. Long story short, we raised a small amount of money to make the record with in an effort to prove that a record doesn't NEED to take tens of thousands of dollars. Everything went well throughout the process, but because it was my first time actually recording an entire record and making it sound professional, it took a lot of trial and error. Glad to say, it's all done now and I know what I'm doing now (mostly). Because of the way it was all set up, I also had to make art for a lyric booklet and for a shirt design, along with figuring out a lot of other stuff. We were gonna try and promote our band this summer, but now we're thinking next summer is a better idea, so we can get started as soon as we're out of school for break.

Anyways, I wanted the art to be nicer than stuff I usually do, particularly for the shirt, which is currently being made and has this graphic on it:

post-623523-0-84063100-1436335861_thumb.

so that's what I've been busy with. It's not so much that I had no free time, more that because I was already working on that, I didn't have motivation to make stuff for this place. And one of the things I hate to do is create music/art when I'm not motivated.

ALSO, YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO READ THIS IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHY THIS NEXT PICTURE IS SO STUPID

We're moving, and because of that, we're selling our current house. That means sometimes people will make appointments to come check the house out. When those people are here, I can't be in the house. I've been spending a lot of this exile at the nearby park. But walking around and playing my guitar can only last so long, and sometimes I'll be at that park for 4-5 hours. So one day I was drawing on my notepad, and decided to make a stupid DS comic. Stupid meaning it would have dumb faces, no real plot, and I would draw before even deciding what I was actually drawing. From this spawned a 3 page... thing. I was originally gonna share that here, but looking at it again, I decided I could do a little better by redrawing it in photoshop.

Yes, it's supposed to look really poorly drawn still. I mainly redrew it so I could add colour and make it a little more readable. There were some parts I actually redrew WORSE because they looked 'too good'

I'm tired so I only have the first page done. I'll try to get at least the second page done tomorrow.

post-623523-0-55564000-1436336204_thumb.

Want an idea of how the rest goes? it continues to make fun of the characters and fan-fictions that pre-pubescent children come up with. With a little of my own humour tossed in to actually make it followable. :-)

• Like 6

Another page done yayyyy

Yeah I sorta gave up on the whole "lets make it look really bad thing" cuz it was kinda dumb. The plot is still incredibly dumb, because I don't want to change it because it's still supposed to be a stupid comic. Just not as stupid looking anymore!

I decided to use the text tool cuz my handwriting sucks when using a tablet and because the font just looks nicer

post-623523-0-18425300-1436397561_thumb.

I've really wanted to make a comic series for the longest time now (at least 6 years) but I can never keep the drawing consistent. I like to think I'm pretty good at making interesting and expressive faces, but the problem is that, unless it's really simple, I have issues drawing the same face over and over like a comic would need. I have no idea what I'm going to draw before I draw, so I have no worries. When I have to draw the same face again, it takes a lot longer because I actually have a chance of messing it up. I don't even know if that makes sense

I wanted to make Page 3 today also, but that's looking like a tomorrow kinda thing

• Like 4

(let's ignore the fact that the comic isn't done yet i promise i'll finish it soon)

So I'm getting tired of how long Photoshop takes to get good results with, so I decided to try Flash!

And I love it!

post-623523-0-64114400-1436823277_thumb.

Let's be honest, wild animals smell bad. How do you think DEAD wild animals would smell? Not so appetizing anymore, is it?

• Like 3

The long-awaited conclusion has arrived!

post-623523-0-94512100-1436917872_thumb.

I've posted several times in a row...

post-623523-0-50179900-1436918665_thumb.

I might just start editing my most recent post until I feel like I've made something worth bringing the topic back up to the top again. I don't know if multi-posting is wrong here, or if any of you actually care, but the members and mods at a forum I used to go to daily a couple of years ago would freak OUT if you double posted. So yeah, I feel bad for multiposting basically haha

• Like 7

(let's ignore the fact that the comic isn't done yet i promise i'll finish it soon)

So I'm getting tired of how long Photoshop takes to get good results with, so I decided to try Flash!

And I love it!

Let's be honest, wild animals smell bad. How do you think DEAD wild animals would smell? Not so appetizing anymore, is it?

So true. 

*pushes away dead rabbit*

I don't think I'll survive the winter.

• Like 1

Oh no, please don't be downhearted. I love your arts! They always bring a smile to my face and brighten my day whenever I see them. I'm just too shy & didn't have much time to visit the forum so I didn't comment, but I want to tell you that I'm so happy evey time you post new arts and always looking forward to seeing new ones! :wilson_flower:

Hmm...Willow-cest. A rare sight to see. Happy ending for red & green Willow! (lol) Serve you right blue Wilson for being mean to red Willow!

Also, that shirt design is so cool! I would love to buy one if I could, but my credit card was cancled and I have no money online anymore.  Need to work and earn some more money... I want to buy so many stuffs... :wilson_cry:

I guess if you're hungry enough, even the smelly wild animals would look yummy to you. (lol)

After I play some DST, I feel paranoid whenever someone who play as Willow comes near my base. (Darn it, griefers! You sully Willow's image in DST for me!) But your arts help lessen my paranoid a lot. Thank you for your lovely arts. Hope to see more soon! :love_heart:

• Like 1

Oh no, please don't be downhearted. I love your arts! They always bring a smile to my face and brighten my day whenever I see them. I'm just too shy & didn't have much time to visit the forum so I didn't comment, but I want to tell you that I'm so happy evey time you post new arts and always looking forward to seeing new ones! :wilson_flower:

Hmm...Willow-cest. A rare sight to see. Happy ending for red & green Willow! (lol) Serve you right blue Wilson for being mean to red Willow!

Also, that shirt design is so cool! I would love to buy one if I could, but my credit card was cancled and I have no money online anymore.  Need to work and earn some more money... I want to buy so many stuffs... :wilson_cry:

I guess if you're hungry enough, even the smelly wild animals would look yummy to you. (lol)

After I play some DST, I feel paranoid whenever someone who play as Willow comes near my base. (Darn it, griefers! You sully Willow's image in DST for me!) But your arts help lessen my paranoid a lot. Thank you for your lovely arts. Hope to see more soon! :love_heart:

Thank you so much! :-) Hearing this just made my day! I'm glad my art makes you happy, that's my main goal (which is why so much of it is entirely goofy) :-)

And yeah, Willow is really useful for destroying stuff, so it's probably safer to be paranoid than not haha

Now that the record is done and everything, I'm gonna be trying to catch up with all the stuff I put off this summer, such as posting stuff here, learning how to actually play my violin, (trying) to learn parkour, and of course, playing a TON of video games. I also want to start a comic, but I don't know what I want it to be about, so I'll stick with DS stuff until I come up with something worthwhile!

• Like 1

Man.  You gotsa not worry that people aren't carin' boutchu no more.  If you hadn't expressed your sads, I would not be here expressing my gratitude.  I woulda just enjoyed your arts and gone to sleep.  My point is that most of the people who have enjoyed this thread probably haven't let you know about it :3.  

I'm not trying to make you feel better by saying the following, but your DS art is my absolute ******* favourite.  They look like they should, with a stupid twist.  And you make willow a desirable thing?  How?

• Like 2

I've posted several times in a row...

I might just start editing my most recent post until I feel like I've made something worth bringing the topic back up to the top again. I don't know if multi-posting is wrong here, or if any of you actually care, but the members and mods at a forum I used to go to daily a couple of years ago would freak OUT if you double posted. So yeah, I feel bad for multiposting basically haha

Don't feel offended because people don't spam your art thread with unconstructive posts and gifs. Or because many people don't use the "follow" function to avoid themselves being compelled to view something, assuming they even know that function exists. Or because people like me constantly forget to hit like or simply reach the quota for the day (spam protection by the website).

Statistically seen, your thread has many view per post, even more than osmRhodey's one. That means that people regularly check it out (or that many people check it out, every website defines "hits" as something different).

I didn't want to like that one post because that might seem like I was supporting your artist's depression of sorts.

In my personal opinion, you draw facial expressions the cleanest, clearest and most stating of all artists who occasionally post here (though it's a tie with Rocky Springs)

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 1

x

x

Oh man, you guys! I feel ACTUALLY bad now haha! I wasn't really looking for reassurance. I actually wasn't even REALLY feeling that bad. Even if nobody looked at my stuff, I would still do it mainly cuz I enjoy making it. If I'm being entirely honest, 50% of the reason I put the picture of me being sad is because I often feel like it's underwhelming to only post one image, since I know I'm capable of making more images in short amounts of time. If you look through this thread, you'll see I often share 2 images at a time.

Honestly, I really don't care (much) whether or not people are actually responding to my thread! So please don't think I'm ACTUALLY sad or anything haha. I really do appreciate all of your kind words, though. It's nice to hear people actually enjoy my art :-)

• Like 1

LET'S JUST CALL THIS THREAD 'Mikey Draws Willow Facing To The Left A Million Times (And Sometimes She's Naked And In Water)' because it's the most honest possible title

Honestly though, you guys/gals have no idea how many times I had an idea involving Wilson and Willow, and by the time I finished drawing Willow I decided to keep it that way. Maybe I should try drawing Wilson first for once...

post-623523-0-64957800-1437285074_thumb.

Also, I haven't doodled in a while. I think I actually prefer the MSpaint doodles over Photoshop and Flash. There's just something about the incredible simplicity of MSpaint that's great for doodles!

post-623523-0-22133500-1437285155_thumb.

I can't draw hands, and now Garfield is a hand monster. Also, because I sometimes I'm dumb, I draw something TERRIBLY and nobody knows what it is -- I'm talking about the ice cream cone in Wendy's hand. Yes, that's an ice cream cone. I know, I really messed that one up.

• Like 7

LET'S JUST CALL THIS THREAD 'Mikey Draws Willow Facing To The Left A Million Times (And Sometimes She's Naked And In Water)' because it's the most honest possible title

Honestly though, you guys/gals have no idea how many times I had an idea involving Wilson and Willow, and by the time I finished drawing Willow I decided to keep it that way. Maybe I should try drawing Wilson first for once...

[...]

Why does this sound... Oh look at that cute Garfield bugger :p

• Like 1

post-623523-0-89271000-1437336686_thumb.

What an unlikely bunch of heroes

I keep wanting to make a DS animated short of some sort, but then I remember that (a) even 3-5 minute shorts can take months to make, and (b) I still don't know how to make an animation longer than 2 seconds AND have it still look good

Also I can't even approach anybody else for assistance because I'm terrible at working with other people on my ideas. It's half because of pride, and half because I'm afraid that I'm going to disappoint them, even though it would by my project/idea. OH WELL

• Like 6