Sometimes I Draw Don't Starve Stuff

surprised wilson look weird.

That could be said about Wilson in general ;)

But I do agree, I think it's the eyebrows. They should be higher up and more arched upwards like "surprised willow." Wilson's eyebrows annoy me, because if they get too far away from his eyes he looked even dumber...

your style is so great! Welcome to the forums and I can't wait to see more! 

Wow your art is good! I love your sense of humor too. Keep it up. 

Thanks, all!

I've been busy with school and this record I'm making so I haven't had a lot of creative juices flowing in the drawing part of my brain, and I absolutely hate the art I make when I'm not inspired. Hopefully, I pick it up again soon!

Went back to Photoshop for this one. I present to you...

Nine Willows

attachicon.gifnine_willows_small.png

Nine Wilsons

attachicon.gifnine_wilsons_small.png

I noticed, actually, that the longer I spend drawing Willow or Wilson's face, the worse it looks. Meaning that it looks better if I draw it in 5 seconds than if I spend half a minute on it... I guess that's a good thing?

also I drew a thing for Imogen Heap and I just sent her a letter but she probably wont get back to me because she's cool and busy and stuff idk

attachicon.gifimmi_colour_frame_small.png

The Gentleman Scientist-y killed me. 

• Like 1

This week is almost overrrrr

10 page papers aren't the worst thing in the world, but I'm definitely the type of person who just needs to relax and watch some Whitest Kids U' Know after writing that much in one night/morning.

Have some scribbles. I've become particularly interested in working with Willow's design by changing up her hair and outfit. I also noticed that I tend to draw Willow much cleaner/healthier looking than her official design, and it makes me wonder if I should try to bring back more of the grime on her design.

ANYWAYS

post-623523-0-49540600-1428628526_thumb.

typical doodles

post-623523-0-52402700-1428628818_thumb.

not so sure I really like this drawing at all, but I thought the silhouette looked cool anyways

• Like 5

This week is almost overrrrr

10 page papers aren't the worst thing in the world, but I'm definitely the type of person who just needs to relax and watch some Whitest Kids U' Know after writing that much in one night/morning.

Have some scribbles. I've become particularly interested in working with Willow's design by changing up her hair and outfit. I also noticed that I tend to draw Willow much cleaner/healthier looking than her official design, and it makes me wonder if I should try to bring back more of the grime on her design.

ANYWAYS

I absolutely love Wilson with the upper-right impression!

I absolutely love Wilson with the upper-right impression!

post-623523-0-81542000-1428806911_thumb.

teehee

post-623523-0-47051400-1428806911_thumb.

artsy

post-623523-0-14109900-1428806912_thumb.

sometimes guys just wanna wear women's clothing

but when the only place to get women's clothing is off of an actual woman, you're probably gonna cross some boundaries

• Like 7

So this week I've got a bunch of stuff due. Tests, papers, presentations, etc... and then this weekend 2 of the bands I'm in are playing to a bunch of drunk people because this is the weekend everybody gets wrecked. I'm completely dry, never had a drink in my life, and I don't plan to start now, so hopefully I'll be able to get more drawings in for you guys this weekend. However, after that is the last week of classes and then FINALS. EW! The bright side is that it means summer is only 3 weeks away, and then I can draw and write as much music as I want for 3 whole months!

Anyways, I feel like I've been using MS paint as a cop-out to not make legit drawings, so I'm gonna try to actually make worthwhile stuff more often. These first 2 are total doodles, but the last one I actually spent more than 2 minutes on! Woah!

post-623523-0-26979500-1429586601_thumb.

I see Wilson as somebody who's generally submissive, but gets very stern about things like morality or having his experiments ruined by somebody else's shenanigans. Willow must've set his experimenting rabbit on fire or something.

post-623523-0-61880500-1429586601_thumb.

I started listening to DeathMau3 recently. It's not stuff I play on repeat a lot, but I think Joel is a cool guy and that makes me appreciate his music more. I can't stop listening to his song Sofi Needs A Ladder, however.

post-623523-0-95999700-1429586601_thumb.

Realistically, Willow wouldn't sleep with her hair tied up. I like to imagine that her hair goes POOF when she takes it down. I actually started over on this one, cuz I originally had the text in a confusing placement and I hate it when comic bubbles aren't in an intuitive order. Also the background is blue because I couldn't find any other colour that worked and don't feel like spending half an hour drawing in trees and stuff. Also BTW I have no idea how 1920's pajamas look so I just made it up cuz I'm too lazy to google it oohhh welllll

So yeah, I'll try to get a couple more in before finals, but no promises! To everybody coming up on final exams or other important/stressful times in their lives, good luck!

edit: I like the way the full reso version looks better, so here it is

edit2: apparently, there's now a system that automatically downscales images. WELP, this one still looks better even though its not the full resolution

post-623523-0-79943200-1429587759_thumb.

Edited by MikeyMusic
  • Like 5

I haven't drawn any Whacky Wilsons for all of you lately, so here's a page full of 'em.

post-623523-0-48378600-1429666019_thumb.

Also I'm really digging this palette I came up with. I've always been interested in the idea of using different colours as shades, but could never pull it off. It seems I'm getting better at it.

post-623523-0-78275500-1429666018_thumb.

I've been having so much fun playing with Willow's outfits and hair that I'm having trouble bringing myself to draw her original design

also I guess this is kind of important to say, for anybody who cared, I gave up on that animation thing I was doing. I knew I was taking on too much, I'm just gonna focus on making silly little gifs until I feel I can make something coherent without getting burned out in 2 days.

• Like 6

I'm supposed to be working on a presentation due in 6 hours AND this is also my 3rd post in a row SOOOO I should probably stop for now. I've been surprising myself lately with my drawing abilities (I apparently learned how to draw hands somewhat well, and I don't draw torsos 2 times as long as they should be anymore, plus a bunch of other stuff) so I figured I'm going to occasionally try something that really challenges me. One of the toughest things for me is foreshortening, like when an arm is pointed toward the viewer or when legs are bent toward the back of the perspective. I tried something simple, a sitting pose with bent legs. I think it turned out okay.

post-623523-0-12598000-1429734037_thumb.

LETS START SOME FIRES

This is the first time I've maintained a relatively consistent style in this entire thread, so yay for that!

I decided to make a new post when I make a new drawing, since if I just edit the previous post, nobody knows I made something new, and how could I live without that attention?

• Like 6

I'M ALMOST DONE WITH SCHOOL

MORE STUFF

post-623523-0-23216700-1430540379_thumb.

post-623523-0-80735600-1430540365_thumb.

I went back to photoshop for this one. I prefer using MS paint, but the end result looks just a bit better when done in photoshop. I also used this image in the title banner that I added to the first post.

this thread should be renamed to "The Thread Where MikeyMusic Just Draws Willow Over And Over"

• Like 6

Thanks, all! I've had a little break in the middle of my finals week, so I decided to draw a thing.

Something I constantly think about is by what means the characters in the DS universe go about hygiene. Y'know, bathing and teeth cleaning and stuff... and I prefer to think that they have SOME method instead of simply ignoring it.

And that's how this happened.

post-623523-0-39812000-1430958591_thumb.

(if anybody is immature and views this as inappropriate, just attribute this to "artistic tastefulness.")

:-) :-) :-)

• Like 5

Finals... Mmm, nostalgia. XD Mine were pretty long time ago though... Good luck!

Thought about it too. LOL, maybe they just take a shower. I mean... literally. Shower. :D So when it's heavily raining, they're just undress and wash... My weird imagination. -_-" Hm, Willow is actually gonna have a bit more problems with hygiene than Wilson... you know./

• Like 1

^^^WILSON INTENSIFIES

I've given up even trying to pretend like I want to draw anybody else. Willow is my favorite character. Wilson is cool too. I like WX and Wendy cuz my buddy plays as them typically. But Willow is still the best.

post-623523-0-55602300-1432193262_thumb.

Also I'm just now realizing that this drawing references getting warm but doesn't include any actual fire. I'm betraying her pyromaniac persona :'(

p.s. it feels really good to finally be on summer break. To anybody still in school, good luck with wrapping up the year and I hope you all ace your remaining exams

• Like 6