Reign of Giants public test: March 20th Update

My server crashed twice last night. Once as robot WX picked somewhat spoiled jerky from a drying rack. When I rebooted jerky was 100%. Second crash was trying to pick from crockpot as wx, food was in the red I think. Sorry I didn't grab the logs.

I was alone on a 90+ DST RoG world, and it suddenly said: There are no players alive on the servers, revive someone before the world resets.

And it was nothing I could do.

On a related issue: I joined a server on which I was playing previously. The two other people were dead, but the counter kept on going (even though I was alive). Seemed odd. But then again, maybe that is normal. Survival map.

On a related issue: I joined a server on which I was playing previously. The two other people were dead, but the counter kept on going (even though I was alive). Seemed odd. But then again, maybe that is normal. Survival map.

So that's how it works?

I know we could argue that I should have made a private server.

Let's forget about that for a bit.

If that is so, then it's easy to grief the world. 6 people tried to build a base, and play for 80 ingame days straight. Afterwards they leave, since they're all tired. This means that a troll can easily come in and die just to reset the world?

I played on a server for dozens of days, made a base with a few other players, then I leave for a break. Afterwards, everyone else takes a break and the server is empty.

I then rejoin and it says:

"Everyone else is dead. Save them!

Survived X days; World will reset in X days."

Needless to say, the world reset and we lost everything

Is this how Survival mode is intended, or what? 'Cause otherwise, it's pretty ******* stupid.

Found a group of guard pigs killing each other for no discernible reason.

Used c_spawn("Goose") to spawn Goose/Moose, created a static creature that could not be interacted with (probably because it isn't hooked up yet).

Some werepigs after full moon remained as werepigs when found later.

My friend and I hated being chased by Deerclops for the whole winter so we decided to exclude it when editing the world to start. And on one winter night we heard the sound and charcters said the line for giants appearance. And then.. Nothing happened!

Is this normal for no giants option?

Bug: Glommer's flower does not spoil after 6 days (as I read in wiki) when Glommer is killed. 

Waiting for another full moon does not respawn Glommer if this happens either. I tried spawn Glommer by console but obviously it doesn't link to the previous flower. Deleting flower after that still won't make new flower respawn at the statue. Deleting the statue and spawn a new one works though.

I experienced some bugs that other players already reported :

1. Still multidropping charcoals from one tree

2. Auto-shuttered fridge in lightning struck(but it wasn't locked in my case, different from previous report)

3. Bees and butterflies in winter

4. Delayed sogging in spring rains

5. No gain of pig skins after I died and resurrected by touchstone. I got my remains from dead body and come back to touchstone and broke down all heads and picked skins, but no numeric display change in inventory. I disconnected and rejoined, then it's fixed.

I'm getting near constant deerclops growls in Autumn without deerclops spawning... this is with Deerclops set to low. The other player on my server didn't have that problem at all, though.

Also, I had both pig head symbols set to more, but didn't see a single touchstone or skeleton after exploring a decent portion of the map.

Only installed mod was Wormhole Markers.

The beefalos didn't go in heat in spring (autum start). I know you fixed it so they would not overpopulate the map but we started with round about 6 and were with 4 left in spring and we were counting on a bigger herd at the end of spring. Instead of surpressing it generally couldnt you set a max (of about 30) beefalo population which will then surpress heat in spring?

Archived