Goldy's trying here...

I can't draw, but unfortunately, I love to. Maybe some lucky day my pics will even become decent LOL. ^_^" Anyway... Wilson and Willow are my fave characters... surprisingly, i don't really ship them, I see them more like... siblings or cousins, I dunno why. :/ Also like Chester. I hope there'll be a nice day when I finally get my own Chester plushie, or figurine at least. *sob*

peaceful_night_by_goldy__gry-d7z742x.jpg

Edited by GoldyGry
  • Like 13

Well, I guess I may call this thing "ambitions", but when I'm trying to learn and improve something, I always look at the ones who draw excellent and better than me anyway (in my opinion). ^_^ I like to analyze everything, like, why is this particular art look so great? Perfect anathomy? Interesting perspective? Cool sense of humour the artist put in the pic maybe? Etc, etc, etc. XP Or maybe it's just me... I'm not sure anyway.)

aceo___dont_starve_by_goldy__gry-d81oqmw

wilson_percival_higgsbury_by_goldy__gry-

ibone_by_goldy__gry-d844735.jpg

best_timing_ever_by_goldy__gry-d87enal.j

better_now_by_goldy__gry-d87eqtj.jpg

• Like 5

relaxation_by_goldy__gry-d8ppjw0.png

the_magic_tablecloth___free_lineart_by_g

Sorry, I tried to find inspiration at least to colour the last one, but found none... Anyway, these are my last DS pics. If being a bad artist does, in fact, make me a bad person as well, deserved to be mistreated - then I'm seriously not interested. No bad drawings = no mistreating. I hope so.

Edited by GoldyGry
  • Like 4

Sorry, I tried to find inspiration at least to colour the last one, but found none... Anyway, these are my last DS pics. If being a bad artist does, in fact, make me a bad person as well, deserved to be mistreated - then I'm seriously not interested. No bad drawings = no mistreating. I hope so.

Shrimps for the next DLC, you heard it here first! Stay tuned!

but srly, how can you even put the words "me" "bad" and "artist" in such a context?

"Don't Starve" more like "Won't Starve" amiright? hehehehehECH

What do you mean "last DS pics?" You don't plan on doing anymore? :( I really like your style, and the scenarios you present in your illustrations are also very interesting. I would miss it too much if you stopped :(

• Like 1

GoldenGirl, Gravity, Mobbstar, thank you! Er, and I'm still really bad at RoG. I can survive, like, for a couple of weeks, and then I'm just dead. So sweet. :I

MikeyMusic, thank you! Actually that supposed to be one interesting thing from the Russian folklore. Called a magical tablecloth, and it can give you any food you want. Ever heard of it maybe..? From some Russian fairytales and stuff... I just feel like they would so like it in the game.) Interesting thing is, absolutely everything on it is my own personal fave food. That's what I like to eat IRL. LOL. :grin:
I'm just not sure about that... Maybe I could make a photosession at least, I recently got Wilson and Willow figurines from Ebay and oh gods, they're so adorable!! But problem is, that so far Don't Starve fandom was associated with nothing but only good and positive things to me. In fact, playing Don't Starve helped me REALLY MUCH when I had a very serious life issue - that's one of the BIGGEST reason why I like Don't Starve now! But then, one single person from the fandom just treated me like crap because... well I guess when you're a very popular cool artist and happen to be in a bad mood, you can take it out on those who draw worse than you and be ok with it. So any moment I try to draw some DS fanart now, I recollect that bad thing and think - will I draw another bad drawing again, and give a right to better artists to treat me like that? Honestly, I'm ok with drawing what I want and like. And I'm totally ok with any criticism - that's what helps me to improve. And I'm ok if people DON'T like my drawing at all and make fun of it. But I'm NOT ok if people treat ME badly because of my drawings. I mean, bad drawings alone don't make me a bad person yet. At least that's what I used to think. :/ And don't get me wrong, I'm in no way that kind of annoying "attention w***e" who bother people around about being friends or giving free pictures or anything! In fact I'm TERRIBLY shy and often scared as hell even to leave a single comment in fear that I will be understood wrong. And with English being my second language, it won't help me either. >< And there's nothing i can do. Psychologists give me advices to talk to people more to get at least some social skills and make friends, but at such rate, I feel like I'll be more "lucky" with making enemies only. And this idea is far from appealing to me. ><
Sorry, I guess it's all boring for this topic and only my problems after all. =_="

Willette, та, икра! Предполагалась красная, хотя без цвета не понять. Но, по крайней мере, я рада, что она узнаваема... Или с ней что-то не так?

Edited by GoldyGry

This will sound cliche, but the best advice I can give is to try and ignore those who try and bring you down. I know you say that you think about it every time you want to draw DS stuff, I've dealt with similar situations time and time again. Everybody has their enemies, but something I've learned is that people rarely actually deserve those enemies. Many people are just quick to fire and find it easier to be rude and hurtful than to be calm and collected - people have been that way to me, and I have been that way myself before. It helps me a lot of the time to remember that for every person who dislikes me (or atleast acts like they dislike me) I have more people who do like me. And that's the truth for everybody, even when it doesn't feel like it. You're right that bad drawings DONT make you a bad person. At no point does anybody have the right to treat you badly because of anything. You can't let those people get into your head, because all they're trying to do is hurt you, not help you.

I really think you're talented, and it shows. Regardless of if you continue to make DS art or not, I think you should continue to make art, because you've got a knack for it. You can't let somebody else ruin YOUR fun :) whatever you choose to do, I'm sure you'll do it well, and I hope you eventually are able to brush off whatever that idiot said to make you feel the way you do now. :)

• Like 1