I know I for one am really excited for Reign of Giants and the new challenges it will bring to Don't Starve Together. I've survived in RoG multiple season cycles before on my own...which was not easy to do to say the least. I love a challenge in my video games so I'm ready to jump right in when it is released, but I can't help but imagine how difficult it will be to have a server last a whole season cycle. Especially since now players get a sanity drain from other player ghosts (in survival mode, my preferred game mode).

There are a lot more dangers and 3 giants added with RoG. and. I LOVE IT!

What do you think will be some of the most challenging things with the addition of RoG to DST?

I think Summer will be really hard to survive. The group will need to be able to deal with overheating and smoldering... and then there is the terrifying DRAGONFLY!!!

:wilson_horror:

• frog rain should get a few players killed...
  • cat coon mass extinction...
  • pig extinction...
  • burned... everything is burned...
  • ice wars... battling it out to get all the ice...
  • bagwars... ice pack vs backpack
  • birchnut and birchnutter invasions.... and extinction...
  • volt goat extinction...

Everyone will die

O__O

(huehuehuehue)

• pig extinction...

Everyone will die

O__O

(huehuehuehue)

And folks, this is why Don't Starve Together is better with friends rather than randoms.

And folks, this is why Don't Starve Together is better with friends rather than randoms.

True enough , I only play it with my real life friends . At the moment we are on stand by for ROG gets into DST .

• pig extinction...

Everyone will die

O__O

(huehuehuehue)

EVERYTHING WILL BURN! 

• pig extinction...

Everyone will die

O__O

(huehuehuehue)

Don't forget about  "The Great Hound War of Don't Starve" where our survivors fight an army of hounds at their  Hound Fortress Set Piece in hopes to get all of that stone, gold, and flint. 

Don't forget about  "The Great Hound War of Don't Starve" where our survivors fight an army of hounds at their  Hound Fortress Set Piece in hopes to get all of that stone, gold, and flint. 

*21 gun salute to those who have fallen in combat...

U___U 

I feel like this is the moment where someone needs to go on television and say: For all of you about to play don't starve reign of giants, stop the killing! Think of the children!

Anywho I'm excited for more to do, there will finally be more to do.

• pig extinction...
Everyone will die

O__O

(huehuehuehue)</p>

Oh those catcoons are going down! Oh boy frog rain and birch nuts....can't w8 for the chaos!

Oh and don't forget the killer bees in spring....

But everything will be okay...RIGHT? Hold me...

Btw sorry for so many posts in on my phone and can't multipost!! :D

I can't wait for RoG. Vanilla DST is about fine for playing with strangers but when I'm with my friends, it poses no challenge atm and the settings can't really be increased enough in ways that are actually fun. RoG isn't much HARDER but it does have more goals to pursue, so it's mostly that.

I loved RoG single-player, and I legitimately didn't find it harder than vanilla, just more complicated, but, with that came a certain easiness, too. Basically, there are more "problems" presented to the player, but since there's more total content, there are also more solutions to each problem. More sources of food, more critters to use to my advantage, more resources, and more needs for those things creates a really fun balance. It has a depth of content that makes vanilla DS/DST feel comparatively shallow and simple.

@ryouryou, I find it to be easy enough once you past the first summer, which I think is the hardest season. But after that in single player I can continue to live for quite a long time. But if you are one to play with strangers which I tend to do in order to find fun players to add to my friends list, then I think RoG will definitely be harder because there are much more ways to die. There are lots of new ways to strive tho, so with a good group it won't be too hard. 

So excited!

@Ridley, Yea I know what you mean...I have to do a lot of typing to teach people things and stuff. A server voice chat would be great. Not everyone would have to have a mic, they could still hear the speakers. That would make things a lot easier. Having to set up a skype chat or something with random people is sorta much

Archived