More Crockpot Recipes

@lampofulmine Sure! I'm glad people like these ideas enough to make use of them.

I'm not familiar with edible sponges so I'll have to look into it but:

Sponge Cake

1 x Sweetener, 1 x Sponge

Really tasty. Good for sanity

Victoria Sponge

1 x Sweetner 1 x Sponge, 1 x Dairy, 1 x Berries

Seriously delicious. Depending on the rarity of sponges, perhaps it could be as good for sanity as Ice Cream.

@SapphireBullets, thanks for letting us use your recipes ! Obviously we'll give you credit for it. 

The sponge its going to be common enough so it shouldn't have some much advantage, just to have more recipes i would say. The idea of the sponge cake sounds good, i like it.

@lampofulmine, had a couple of fishy ideas at work today, noted them down:

New mob:

Jellyfish - Float around underwater in small swarms of six. Not hostile, but being in their presence will cause intermittent stingy damage.

Swarms will become hostile and converge on enemies if attacked but not if a member of the swarm is captured in a net.

(Perhaps hostile swarms could change colour to resemble the Metroid of the eponymous game.

Can be killed for Jelly Goop or captured live with an insect net. (And murdered for Jelly Goop)

New Foods

Jellyfish (Takes up a whole inventory slot, slowly starves unless fed sea food.)

Jelly Goop (Stackable up to 20)

Both variants cause health and sanity damage when eaten. ("Tastes sting-y" would be Wilson's remark.)

Live Jellyfish can be dried on a rack for Small Jerky.

In crockpots, a live Jellyfish is worth 1 Jelly and 1 Fish, Goop is worth 0.5 Jelly.

D-Grade Seafood

The Monster Food of the Fish family, dropped by Merms when they're killed. (Thankfully, Merms still drop Frog's Legs.)

Its a pile of pointy teeth, angler fish danglers and eyes. (Wolfgang will note "Here, food see YOU!")

New Recipes:

Amateur Fugu

Produced from putting two monster food into a crockpot which has mostly fish in it.

A deflated blowfish with the spikes intact and a surprised look on it's face.

(Wickerbottom will note "The organs of the Takifugu are known to contain a potent neurotoxin.")

Hell-o (or possibly Hellatin)

Produced from 2 monster foods in a mostly-jelly crockpot recipe.

(Tricky but possible, if you put in a Live Jellyfish, Jelly Goop and two different types of monster food.)

A moulded gelatin dessert, sickly green in colour with a faint sinister face. (Wilson will note "It jiggles sinisterly")

(Jell-o is a Kraft trademark, so there might be an issue with the first choice of name.)

Fish and Chips

Fish, 2 Vegetables

Battered and fried fish and chunky chips.

(Maxwell will note this isn't good for his heart, but what the hell.)

Jellied Eels

0.5 Jelly, 1 Eel

A traditional cockney delicacy.

(Maxwell will note he didn't miss this at all.)

Raspberry Jelly

1 Jelly, 1 Berries

It's pink.

Not very nutritious but good for sanity.

Trifle

1 Jelly, 1 Dairy, 1 Fruit

A layered dessert with cream and fruit. Very good for sanity.

Mince and Dumplings

2 Meat, 2 Sponges

Minced meat and gravy with what look like savoury dumplings.

Character will note that the dumplings deliciously soak up the gravy.

@SapphireBullets, answering to you post here:

@lampofulmine, had a couple of fishy ideas at work today, noted them down:

New mob:

Jellyfish - Float around underwater in small swarms of six. Not hostile, but being in their presence will cause intermittent stingy damage.

Swarms will become hostile and converge on enemies if attacked but not if a member of the swarm is captured in a net.

(Perhaps hostile swarms could change colour to resemble the Metroid of the eponymous game.

Can be killed for Jelly Goop or captured live with an insect net. (And murdered for Jelly Goop)

->>> Already have this XD, instead of Jelly Goop it drops another thing, but no spoiler !

New Foods

Jellyfish (Takes up a whole inventory slot, slowly starves unless fed sea food.) ->>> Decided to avoid this

Jelly Goop (Stackable up to 20) ->>> Its the other loot which im not gonna tell here XD

Both variants cause health and sanity damage when eaten. ("Tastes sting-y" would be Wilson's remark.)

Live Jellyfish can be dried on a rack for Small Jerky.

In crockpots, a live Jellyfish is worth 1 Jelly and 1 Fish, Goop is worth 0.5 Jelly.

D-Grade Seafood

The Monster Food of the Fish family, dropped by Merms when they're killed. (Thankfully, Merms still drop Frog's Legs.)

Its a pile of pointy teeth, angler fish danglers and eyes. (Wolfgang will note "Here, food see YOU!")

New Recipes:

Amateur Fugu

Produced from putting two monster food into a crockpot which has mostly fish in it.

A deflated blowfish with the spikes intact and a surprised look on it's face.

(Wickerbottom will note "The organs of the Takifugu are known to contain a potent neurotoxin.")

Hell-o (or possibly Hellatin)

Produced from 2 monster foods in a mostly-jelly crockpot recipe.

(Tricky but possible, if you put in a Live Jellyfish, Jelly Goop and two different types of monster food.)

A moulded gelatin dessert, sickly green in colour with a faint sinister face. (Wilson will note "It jiggles sinisterly")

(Jell-o is a Kraft trademark, so there might be an issue with the first choice of name.)

Fish and Chips ->>> Approved

Fish, 2 Vegetables

Battered and fried fish and chunky chips.

(Maxwell will note this isn't good for his heart, but what the hell.)

Jellied Eels

0.5 Jelly, 1 Eel

A traditional cockney delicacy.

(Maxwell will note he didn't miss this at all.)

Raspberry Jelly

1 Jelly, 1 Berries

It's pink.

Not very nutritious but good for sanity.

Trifle

1 Jelly, 1 Dairy, 1 Fruit

A layered dessert with cream and fruit. Very good for sanity.

Mince and Dumplings

2 Meat, 2 Sponges

Minced meat and gravy with what look like savoury dumplings.

Character will note that the dumplings deliciously soak up the gravy.

Sorry for being so picky but since we are not including the jelly goop but the other loot,s ome recipes didn't have sense; the rest though seems a really good idea ! I'll propose them to the team ! Thanks a lot !!

A few more ideas:

I remembered my earlier idea about using Glommer Goop in recipes, so that could probably serve a role as Jelly in any and all the above.

(I've always found Jellied Eels pretty funny so there's that.)

But anyway:

Eel Pie and Mash

1 Eel, 2 Vegetables.

Good solid east-end food.

Maxwell: "I hoped that I'd escaped from this."

Tuna Muffin

1 Fish, 1 Sponge

Could do with some cheese.

Jam Doughnut

3 Berries, 1 Sponge

Woo-hoo! etc.

Abagail used to love these, though Wendy prefers the ring kind.

@Lampofulmine Do you have any other new foods in CitD that could be thrown in the pot?

Well, actually we are introducing fish meat for the first time too; with the mod enabled you're gonna have both fish and FISH FILLET as edible items so probably all the fish-y bit your making your recipes on is gonna fish fillet and not simple fish. Apart from that there's nothing else which we are planning to add as food (for now).

Exactly, the item fish as it is right now its gonna be the same but let's say that when you'll kill "aquatic" mob in general their loot is gonna include a fish fillet ! This is going to work like a middle ground between MEAT and MORSEL.

Just another idea for the egg entry of Monster Food:

Bad Egg

If you feed more than four Monster Food to a bird on one day, it'll produce these eggs.

Yellow with red cracks and speckles

Has a short freshness period. after which it turns to Rot instead of a Rotten Egg.

Characters will observe "I think this was laid rotten" and "I don't need salt water to see this is bad.

Fruit Custard

1 Durian, 3 Fruits

Good for Sanity, bad for Health, decently filling, and chills consumer for a bit.

Most characters will note how surprisingly nice it tastes.

Looks like a durian with the top part chopped off, white custard in it, with a spoon in said custard.

Fish Yogurt

1 Fish, 1 Dairy item, 2 Fillers

Minor sanity loss, Restores health, somewhat filling.

Most characters will note that it tastes funny, Maxwell will suggest we come up with an original idea.

Looks like typical yogurt cup with a spoon in it, but with a fish fin in it.

Strange Mushroom

1 Green Cap, 1 Blue Cap, 1 Red Cap, 1 Twigs

Random positive or negative effects of 1-50/ for Health, Hunger, and Sanity. It all depends on how lucky you feel.

Multicolored mushroom

Buttered Popcorn

3 Corn, 1 Dairy

Minor Health and Hunger restoration, but restores more Sanity at night.

Bucket of popcorn with yellow butter on top

Meat of Ruin

2 Meat, 1 Cave Banana, 1 Nightmare Fuel

High Sanity loss, decent Health restoration, high Hunger restoration

Looks like a large piece of brisket with glowing red lines on it

Rather than a crockpot recipe, this one's a Refinement:

Butterflymilk

Refined from 8 Butterfly wings, Science Machine Tier.

The Monster Food of the dairy group. A small glass of butterfly milk.

Wilson will say he's not sure this should even exist.

The Monster Recipe for Dairy is, of course, Scream Cheese, as mentioned a few posts above.

Making use of the Spider Eggs and the otherwise pretty poop Spiderhat:

Royal Feast:

1 Spiderhat

1 Spider Eggs

2 Monster Foods

Looks like one of those roast pigs with the apple in it's mouth, except its a small spider queen with a durian in her mouth. Webber will say that he's betrayed his own kind.

A few ideas for dairy items.

Sour Milk

Monster-Dairy item. Dropped upon death by Beefalo and uncharged Volt Goats. Also produced when electric milk goes bad, though Sour Milk eventually rots away into Rot.

I remember one mod out there has dead beefalo drop "Beefy Milk" which is pretty pleasing sounding to me, so I'd be inclined to lift the name if the modder would be cool with that.

However I'd suggest there could be a peaceful way to get your hands on it.

(Tool) Milk Pail

2 x Boards, 2 x Bone Shards. 10 Uses

Allows for milking of mature Beefalo and charged Volt Goats.

This requires a short period of time (equivalent to berry/grass picking animation) and both Beefalo and Volt Goats will react with hostility if this is attempted while they are awake, so the following usage is advised:

-If the animal is asleep, the player will have time to milk the animal before it's fully awake and hostile.

-Beefalo will not become hostile if the player is wearing a Beefalo Hat.

Since some of these changes make dairy items pretty easy to find, I'd suggest upping the Ice Cream requirements to 1 Ice, 1 Sweetener and 2 Dairy.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before:

Shockolate

1 x Cocoa Beans, 1 x Electric Milk, 1 x Sweetener

A large milk chocolate bar. Comes with a blue wrapper with a lightning bolt on it.

Good as Ice Cream for sanity, but does not cool the consumer.

People will note eating tingles like putting your tongue on a 9-Volt battery. WX-78 greatly appreciates this.

Referring to:

A few pretty sweet ideas.

Dark Chocolate Tree

A short and wide tree growing in the deep ruins with a bone white trunk, black leaves and purple seed pods. Cannot be chopped down (Woodie notes the wood is too brittle to be much use) but can be repeatedly harvested like a berry bush.

Withers in winter (Even in the depths) despite being an evergreen.

Can be dug up and planted elsewhere like a berry bush but will burst into flames in sunlight.

(Maxwell will note that they only thrive in due to the nightmare fuel that suffuses the ruins.)

Cocoa Seed Pod

A dark purple seed pod containing the beans of the tree, can be eaten but is a bit poisonous.

Like a Birchnut Seed, can't be used in Crockpot until it's cooked over a fire:

Dark Roast Cocoa

Black beans, now free of their pod. Restores a little less hunger than the full pod but causes less health damage.

Both raw and cooked, these are considered Monster food.

My dish ideas that involves the crock pot (Health, Hunger, Sanity)

Mushroom Suprise (Last 3 Days) :hypnotized:

1 Red Cap (-20,+12.5,0)

1 Cooked Green Cap (-1,0,+15)

+ 1 Blue Cap (+20, +12.5,-15)

Total X2 >> (-2, +50, 0)

Mazing Soup (Last 6 Days) :indecisiveness:

1 Corn (+3, +25, 0)

1 Popcorn (+3, +12.5,0)

1 Cut Grass (???)

+ 1 Marble (???)

Total X 2 (+12, +75, 0)

Flower Side Down (Last 2 Days)  :lemo: