EDIT: Version 0.9.8 includes a new item, the Call of Dirties, adds a bloom effect to the Overlord's Crown and buffs it so that hounds behave more loyally (the bug is still not fixed though), and Wilburn can now tame all kinds of cave spiders, making his crown a very useful item for spelunking.

More importantly I rewrote the entire code of the mod to make it more compatible with other mods and update-proof. I used to override entire functions in prefabs and components while it wasn't needed, instead of using the Add___PostInit functions and calling the original functions after my changes are applied correctly.

Mod page for Don't Starve Together.

Hello everyone. This is the official topic for my mod character, currently available in version 0.9.8.

Klei Forums download link

External download link

Steam Workshop page link

*Mod spotlight video by Jar Dev*

Please post in this topic for any question, criticism, bug/crash reports, I will answer you with pleasure.

Wilburn

The young Heir

for Don't Starve

gfjXDvt.png

*Is used to a much easier life
*Will rule everything
*Hates ruling nothing

Here's everything about him :

Mod info
- Is compatible with Don't Starve and Don't Starve Reign of Giants.
- Has a complete speech file for Wilburn.
- Has a classy piano voice. Credit to Spara for his amazing original samples. The hurt sounds are so great.
- Includes the character and his two custom items only craftable by himself.
- Has explanative comments in the Lua code for those who want to see how it works.

Basic concept
- Wilburn is based on enhancing and exploiting the follower mechanics of Don't Starve. His special ability and his items allow him to have more loyal followers and to exploit them as much as he needs in order to survive.
- Wilburn is the young son of a very rich family, and is used to being served constantly by his butlers. He hates being alone and helpless, and will use his incredible charism to make pigmen and other creatures fight and work for him as often as possible. He also doesn't like raw or quickly cooked food and will favor good cuisine when he can have it.

Stats and perks
- Health 150 (= Wilson)
- Hunger 150 (= Wilson)
- Sanity 100 (= Webber)
- Damage x0.75 (= Wendy). Since he's a lazy, spoiled and young kid and expects things to be easy. He is based on exploiting his followers and fighting less.
- His sanity drops over time whenever he has no follower with him. Chester doesn't count as one but Glommer does. As of version 0.9.5, follower pigs have a weaker sanity aura. From Wilburn's point of view it is natural to have servants around.
- He prefers properly cooked food. Any food cooked using the crock pot will nourish him a bit more, while any raw or fire-cooked food will nourish him equally less.

Special ability
- When Wilburn gives an item to a creature to make it friendly, he increases its loyalty twice as much as another character would.

Items
Wilburn doesn't start the game with any of them.

Old_Bell.png
Call of Dirty
- A bell.
- Currently doesn't have its own appearance because I don't have my graphic tablet anymore and I'm lazy, sorry.
- Found at the very bottom of the Survival tab and requires a Science Machine to craft.
- Requires 1 marble, 1 nitre and 1 pigskin to craft.

What does it do ?
- When rung at dusk or at night, it makes every pigman step out of his house for 15 seconds. They can be befriended at that moment, in which case they won't go back home while they are with the player.

More details?
- It currently has the same appearance as the Old Bell except that it doesn't shine and makes a sand-crushing noise when rung. However it is still available without Reign of Giants.
- It has 10 uses. The effect of the bell activates at the moment you hear the sand-crushing sound.
- The bell only works on pigs that are already inside of their homes. It doesn't do anything to a pig that is running to his house (it's a bug). If a pig is outside and not running to his house when the bell is rung, it resets his timer to 15 seconds until he can go back home so he will stay out longer.

Any tips?
- The bell was added to give Wilburn more control over recruitable minions in earlier game than the other two items. It is not very useful but it can make things easier sometimes.
- Is especially useful when you have to deal with an attack at late hours or when you feel lonely and all the pigs are staying at their homes. When the pigs come out they will either run to the closest source of light or run around and panic until they find light. You can use this to attract them and then recruit them in your team so they won't go back home at night.
- You don't have to recruit all of them. A pig will not go back to his home if he is fighting, even without a leader.
- Do not use during full moons unless you know what you're doing.

DNQzi3S.png
Authority Symbol
- A handslot equippable scepter.
- Found at the very bottom of the Magic tab and requires the Prestihatitator to craft.
- Requires 4 gold nuggets, 1 purple gem and 4 units of nightmare fuel.

What does it do?
- When held by Wilburn, it "freezes" the respective loyalty of all current followers - except catcoons. Simply having the scepter in your inventory or on the ground has no effect. Unequipping it doesn't remove any follower - their loyalty will just go back to decreasing normally.
- Upon hitting a befriendable creature with it, the creature will join your team of servants. I mean followers. Hitting anything deals very little damage, and ponctually depletes the scepter's durability - whether it successfully added a follower or not.
- As of version 0.9.5, if you're holding the scepter, pigmen will not run away if you approach them anymore.

More details?
- Simply holding the scepter won't decrease its durability, just like most weapons.
- Hitting a creature gives a fair amount of "loyalty" to the creature - usually it's less than when offering it a gift.
- You can actually exploit the scepter by force-attacking your followers using Ctrl+click to increase their loyalty.
- The scepter seems to work on beefalos following you after using a beefalo horn. Beefalos have an extremely short max loyalty time so if you unequip the scepter, their loyalty will disappear pretty quickly.

Any tips?
- Obviously, a good way of using the Symbol is to simply hold it whenever you don't have anything else to do with your hands, to prevent your followers' loyalty from decreasing.
- You should hit to recruit creatures only when you don't have much or any food for them. A scepter is pretty hard to craft, considering it requires 4 nightmare fuel, and Wilburn has little max sanity.
- Remember that attacking a creature that is part of a group of the same kind will make them all aggressive - because technically you attacked one of them. This is the case for every kind of creatures, even pigs. It's safer to use gifts or hit creatures with the Symbol when they are isolated.
- Attacking with the Symbol will make your current followers aggressive towards your target. I tried fixing that but I really can't find a way, I'd be glad to get some help on this if anyone's willing to assist.
- If you're holding the Symbol, pigmen will not run away if you approach them anymore, so you won't be chasing them forever when trying to recruit them. However your crew will still be aggressive if you decide to attack. The best solution is to stand very close to your target before clicking or hitting F to recruit him, in order to avoid a long chase.
- If you need to use a beefalo horn to move a beefalo herd, the loyalty freeze also works on them. So if you notice that beefalos don't seem to want to leave you alone, think about unequipping the scepter long enough so they forget you. (This could be considered a bug or a side-effect, but I found it funny so I left it.)

ZHAkE2c.png
Overlord's Crown
- A really big headslot equippable crown.
- Found at the very bottom of the Magic tab and requires the Prestihatitator to craft.
- Requires the deerclop's eyeball, 1 tentacle spike and 8 gold nuggets to craft.

What does it do?
- When worn, it makes spiders, cave spiders, cave dwellers (added in ver 0.9.8) and hounds befriendable, in addition to the normally befriendable creatures (which include pigmen, bunnymen and rock lobsters).
- Monsters can be befriended by giving them meat or using the Authority Symbol on them.
- Removing the crown makes you lose every monster follower you had.
- The crown doesn't provide any protection, and has infinite durability.
- Ver0.9.8: It now has a exaggerated bloom effect (provided you enabled bloom in the game's settings)

More details?
- The crown doesn't make monsters friendly unless they're in your team. They will still be normally aggressive towards you or your team.
- Obviously, any monster will likely be hostile when you approach to recruit it. If you succeed, the monster should become loyal and friendly.
- There is an issue with the crown : when you have hounds already in your team and another enemy hound bites you, your following hounds will leave you and attack you. (Hounds are complete jerks by the way) After working for hours trying to fix this, I still haven't found a solution and I would be happy to get some help.
- The crown doesn't change all the rules of hostility between monsters and other creatures. If you have normal followers, they will still be aggressive towards monsters. If you have monster followers, they will keep being hostile towards pretty much everything but you. The only exception that the crown adds is when you start having both normal and monster followers. They're not supposed to fight each other if you wear the crown (unfortunately this can still happen in certain cases despite my precautions).

Any tips?
- Just like crafting one is fairly difficult to achieve, using the crown is preferably for advanced players. Even so, it leads to quite messy situations and does not always give good results in the end. Use it at your own risk.
- If you use the crown, never get too confident, be VERY careful, watch every creature around you when you have monsters with you. Most of the time you won't realize that some monsters were still hostile and you'll get hit by one of them by surprise during fights or attemps to recruit creatures.
- If I ever manage to fix that issue with the hounds leaving your team when other hounds attack you, then the crown should become a very powerful item to deal with hound waves. Until that, make sure to avoid hounds biting you at all costs if you have hound followers !
- Since version 0.9.8, the crown makes all kinds of cave spiders recruitable, which makes it a very interesting item for spelunking. Spiders will still be aggressive though, so Webber is still way better in the depths. The crown doesn't provide any protection, so be extremely careful in the ruins.

Possible changes?
- The Overlord's Crown is now complete. Merms, Beefalos will not be added to tameable creatures, and Splumonkeys behave in a very unique way, which makes it very difficult and a bit useless to make them befriendable.

Last things to do for ver1.0
Don't Starve:
    --Code:
        -Make hounds more stable when having them as followers : HELP NEEDED !

One last thing about this character : since he's based on the follower system, I suggest trying out the Followers All in One mod by Bones. It adds a very powerful HUD system to watch your followers' status. I use it all the time personally. Although it can be abused of to do actions not normally possible.
Another nice mod to have would be Friend or Foe by nossr50. I never used it, actually I just saw it on the workshop a minute ago. It changes the color of creatures to see who's with you, but obviously it makes the graphics in the game a bit less natural.

Have fun and good luck !

Hi!  I mentioned having some difficulties trying this mod when using others on the steam workshop, and you asked me to send you my log.  I'm posting it here so as to avoid cluttering your workshop page.  I should note that I did manage to get the mod to work when disabling all other mods.  I've been testing adding and subtracting other mods, and so far I've been able to use the smarter crockpot, loot drop tweaks, oneshot mine and chop, and pickypickypicky.  I'm still trying to figure out which combination of the other twenty-something mods I like won't cause this one to crash.

As a side note, I really have enjoyed the little of played with Wilburn.  His dialogue is fantastic.

The full log.txt is ridiculously long, so I've excised some of the bits about other mods that looked irrelevant, indicating within brackets where I've done so (and if you'd like the full version, I can e-mail it to you?):

Starting up
Don't Starve: 115739 WIN32_STEAM
Build Date: 2014-11-04_16-15-32
THREAD - started 'GAClient' (13248)
HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()
cGame::InitializeOnMainThread
WindowManager::Initialize
RestoreWindowPosition
   Saved Client Pos (0 x 22)
   Adjusted Window Pos (-8 x -8)
EnsureWindowOnScreen
   All good.
GLInfo
~~~~~~
GL_VENDOR: Google Inc.
GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450)
GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)
THREAD - started 'WindowsInputManager' (3672)
OpenGL extensions (19, 19):
GL_ANGLE_depth_texture
GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit
GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample
GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays
GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order
GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3
GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5
GL_ANGLE_texture_usage
GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source
GL_EXT_read_format_bgra
GL_EXT_robustness
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1
GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888
GL_EXT_texture_storage
GL_OES_get_program_binary
GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil
GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8
GL_OES_standard_derivatives
GL_OES_texture_npot
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 16
GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE = 16384
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 16384, 16384
GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS = 10
GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS = 16
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 254
GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 4
GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 221
4 compressed texture formats
texture format 0x83f0
texture format 0x83f1
texture format 0x83f2
texture format 0x83f3
cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()
cGame::StartPlaying
LOADING LUA
DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
scripts/main.lua(161,1) running main.lua

scripts/modindex.lua(311,1) loaded modindex
scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.

scripts/modindex.lua(239,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-222342168 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(242,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-222342168 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(239,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-360270839 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(242,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-360270839 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.

[cut scripts/modindex.lua lines for several other mods]

scripts/mods.lua(152,1) Loading mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)

[cut scripts/mod.lua lines for several other mods]

scripts/mods.lua(179,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
scripts/mods.lua(187,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
scripts/mods.lua(179,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Loading modmain.lua
LOADING LUA SUCCESS
scripts/playerdeaths.lua(79,1) PlayerDeaths loaded morgue 4822
scripts/playerprofile.lua(480,1) loaded profile
scripts/playerprofile.lua(544,1) bloom_enabled false
scripts/saveindex.lua(99,1) loaded saveindex
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1172,1) OnFilesLoaded()
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1161,1) OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
scripts/gamelogic.lua(117,1) Unload BE
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4374c56c (yellowstaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x303bfdce (axe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x378bda50 (wall_wood_item)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8cc766ef (pumpkin_lantern)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xfdcabd86 (earmuffshat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7f46d7c0 (batbat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcceee6c3 (cutstone)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xaf34ecc0 (trunkvest_winter)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x875750ea (turf_road)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4aeb6641 (armordragonfly)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcd7669e5 (nightsword)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1daa5ab7 (turf_carpetfloor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xefa57cea (bandage)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xde4bc7e7 (wall_hay_item)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe51acd32 (lightning_rod)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x947bfcb8 (lightning_rod_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x68ba7100 (researchlab2)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3386a16a (researchlab2_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3f5176c5 (firepit)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8a462465 (firepit_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x75370b6 (papyrus)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xbea16a01 (hambat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xeb646050 (icehat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x10473739 (spear)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8d44bbad (cookpot)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x30d2f57d (cookpot_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x89c20b1b (telebase)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x868a468f (telebase_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x9d92cce (purpleamulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcf1626 (rabbithouse)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1aa31ec4 (rabbithouse_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe474f23c (armormarble)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3ccdbe75 (icestaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x68ba7101 (researchlab3)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd6985329 (researchlab3_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xc03901de (vegetable_mix)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x21bf03b1 (thulecite)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x539e9e8a (trunkvest_summer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf4eb0943 (shovel)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe5184df8 (gear_wings)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x761a1799 (gunpowder)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x9a99c7b7 (armorgrass)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xda17c8e8 (armorslurper)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x47611d71 (sweatervest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x85181f7c (minerhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe8f381a1 (turf_checkerfloor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd3671c87 (rainhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2e264dbc (blowdart_pipe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2f0f89cb (reflectivevest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xc4101586 (hammer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1e585a22 (spiderchanegg_3)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x41ba89b5 (nightmarefuel)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xfbaefa0e (rainometer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xeea990dc (rainometer_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7fcb037d (greenstaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7fceff10 (featherfan)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3c935451 (eyeturret_item)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6b388922 (ingredients)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcba65752 (amulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe16c07d0 (ruinshat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd2c60301 (dragonflychest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa72c4129 (dragonflychest_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb1591875 (greenamulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xdac7fbf5 (birdcage)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe1f9b335 (birdcage_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x68ba7102 (researchlab4)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x79aa04e8 (researchlab4_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2c158f7c (torch)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x411dde34 (lightingstaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x265d1455 (turf_woodfloor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x9a0ed246 (yellowamulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb4e674c6 (hawaiianshirt)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xc78d9876 (siestahut)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb22fa874 (siestahut_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa867bc26 (ws_03)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xce5a342e (firesuppressor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xbbba0ebc (firesuppressor_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x9a6718eb (resurrectionstatue)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6b0c64bf (resurrectionstatue_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xdfb37276 (telestaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7fa35b06 (gear_mace)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3f6c9ebb (diviningrod)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa6b98890 (beargervest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe5936c6a (firestaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x34fb4f82 (pitchfork)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3d4d1dc6 (bedroll_straw)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xadfdb7ae (armor_sanity)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x76d26529 (bugnet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x5ce426c4 (blowdart_fire)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf880b9dd (gear_helmet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4740cff7 (tent)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb4d742b3 (tent_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8a2d55ba (catcoonhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4116c653 (raincoat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x62a5e7fe (nightlight)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x185806ec (nightlight_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa1e54a85 (goldenaxe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe6af29d2 (compass)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6516d167 (im_boomerang)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1e585a21 (spiderchanegg_2)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x651e3e9e (eyebrellahat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf530519b (bonearmor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x19c004b2 (pighouse)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x469fe538 (pighouse_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xca16846d (boards)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xeceb6d7c (mechagun)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4d9a964d (trap)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xfa14dec6 (birdtrap)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x59eb2844 (sentinel)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7c11af2 (treasurechest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd411bef8 (treasurechest_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xef21c9f2 (rope)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcad92460 (flowerhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7fb35efc (gear_mask)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb981ecda (fast_farmplot)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6c77c310 (fast_farmplot_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf8e41fa9 (bedroll_furry)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xbcfca634 (strawhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3270526c (gear_torch)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x356538be (gear_axe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x111db7ae (footballhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1eee0485 (transistor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1cd9e60e (razor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1541c9cc (armorruins)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe87e06c0 (icebox)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf2bd1baa (icebox_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x36768a92 (orangestaff)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2ca456a0 (orangeamulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xff7a976 (staff_tornado)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd8067599 (beehat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xc22935e4 (icepack)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x739fbe3c (homesign)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x33fdbd2e (homesign_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1c42203 (bell)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x15220700 (backpack)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa8b25abc (wall_ruins_item)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3ede96f8 (nightstick)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xd5201c09 (beebox)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x753b7621 (beebox_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb918c5fd (fishingrod)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xa011298e (spiderchanegg)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x92ccc001 (coldfirepit)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x21e04429 (coldfirepit_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x5a59f5cc (goldenshovel)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2e54b535 (cane)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb6201ac9 (onemanband)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4685284 (umbrella)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xda1f7edf (winterometer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x955229cb (winterometer_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe2bfa46 (tophat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xacbea762 (fertilizer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3949a42 (meatrack)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x56340ba8 (meatrack_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6dda899f (watermelonhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x94cf6c04 (goldenpickaxe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x86860bc2 (boomerang)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb1fa364d (pickaxe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3cb06493 (healingsalve)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x39311b4d (grass_umbrella)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x37c31aa6 (lantern)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xbc429ef3 (bushhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x80cb1e18 (featherhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3edae42e (multitool_axe_pickaxe)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x7f2d088c (armorwood)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x46094f1b (beefalohat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x38c09fab (gear_hat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xcda99af6 (winterhat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1c48b877 (campfire)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xdfe3a33 (campfire_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x9e26b0f9 (mechasword)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x68370bd6 (trap_teeth)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x4058bc0 (molehat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xb10f6d0f (gear_armor)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xec43b9f4 (sewing_kit)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xfb180669 (blowdart_sleep)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x38967bb2 (researchlab)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x77e9ae38 (researchlab_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8bbc7f55 (beemine)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xdf13a0c1 (ruins_bat)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x22ec3802 (wall_stone_item)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x8d60ee3a (coldfire)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe72d29b0 (coldfire_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x263bc4d5 (slow_farmplot)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x321f7255 (slow_farmplot_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xe5071541 (nightmare_timepiece)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xc3bf310c (blueamulet)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2ae7e3b3 (purplegem)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x6f21e747 (piggyback)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf0330963 (panflute)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xdb20fa95 (heatrock)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1153dbb9 (pottedfern)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf2102a71 (pottedfern_placer)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x33ab6997 (hud)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x3364203d (forest)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x2e5cb72d (cave)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x40b82ff2 (maxwell)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xbddda476 (fire)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x1078732c (character_fire)
Could not unload undefined prefab 0x427b5b39 (shatter)
scripts/gamelogic.lua(120,1) Unload BE done
scripts/dlcsupport.lua(24,1) Load scripts/DLC001_prefab_files
HttpClientWriteCallback (0x020731FF, 1, 16, 0x0680FD20)
HttpClientWriteCallback READ 16 (16 total)

[cut scripts/mod.lua lines for several other mods]

scripts/mods.lua(269,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Registering prefabs
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburn
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburn
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburnscepter
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburnscepter
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburncrown
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburncrown
scripts/mods.lua(292,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering default mod prefab
scripts/gamelogic.lua(132,1) Load FE
scripts/gamelogic.lua(136,1) Load FE: done
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(576,1) platform_motd table: 1B209C00
SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()
scripts/modindex.lua(85,1) ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.

Reset() returning
QueryServerComplete no callback
HttpClientWriteCallback (0x0207315C, 1, 1250, 0x0680FD20)
HttpClientWriteCallback READ 1250 (1250 total)
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(576,1) platform_motd table: 1B207D10
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-271800759
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-222342168
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-344229670
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-180843799
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-390449107
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-298407615
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-226218366
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-365478579
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-371054578
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-384887483
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-385718668
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-377235497
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-364669299
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-360270839
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-361387195
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-222103064
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-362615360
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-277176027
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-339210552
scripts/mods.lua(304,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-395250680
Collecting garbage...
lua_gc took 0.01 seconds
~SimLuaProxy()
lua_close took 0.03 seconds
ReleaseAll
ReleaseAll Finished
cGame::StartPlaying
LOADING LUA
DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
scripts/main.lua(161,1) running main.lua

scripts/modindex.lua(311,1) loaded modindex
scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.

scripts/modindex.lua(239,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-222342168 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(242,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-222342168 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(239,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-360270839 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(242,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-360270839 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(386,1) Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-180843799

[cut scripts/modindex.lua lines for several other mods]

scripts/mods.lua(179,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
scripts/mods.lua(187,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
scripts/mods.lua(179,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Loading modmain.lua
LOADING LUA SUCCESS
scripts/playerdeaths.lua(79,1) PlayerDeaths loaded morgue 4822
scripts/playerprofile.lua(480,1) loaded profile
scripts/playerprofile.lua(544,1) bloom_enabled false
scripts/saveindex.lua(99,1) loaded saveindex
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1172,1) OnFilesLoaded()
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1161,1) OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
scripts/gamelogic.lua(148,1) Unload FE
scripts/gamelogic.lua(150,1) Unload FE done
scripts/dlcsupport.lua(24,1) Load scripts/DLC001_prefab_files

[cut other mods scripts/mods.lua lines]

scripts/mods.lua(269,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) Registering prefabs
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburn
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburn
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburnscepter
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburnscepter
scripts/mods.lua(275,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering prefab file: prefabs/wilburncrown
scripts/mods.lua(279,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)    wilburncrown
scripts/mods.lua(292,1) Mod: workshop-395250680 (Wilburn)  Registering default mod prefab
scripts/gamelogic.lua(164,1) LOAD BE
scripts/gamelogic.lua(172,1) LOAD BE : done
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( minimap/minimap_data.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gears.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_axe.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_mace.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_hat.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_mask.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_armor.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_helmet.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_wings.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/sentinel.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/ws_03.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-271800759/images/inventoryimages/gear_torch.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/foodgen_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/tesla_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/ancient1_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/ancient2_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/ancient3_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/ancient4_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-390449107/images/inventoryimages/mechamine.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/extractor.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/wheat_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/nuttree_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/bluecrystal_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/redcrystal_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/orangecrystal_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/greencrystal_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-226218366/images/inventoryimages/yellowcrystal_map.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-377235497/minimap/oichan.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-377235497/minimap/oimuchim.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-377235497/minimap/pickleheart.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-377235497/minimap/picklebackpack.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/koalefant_winter.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/koalefant_summer.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/babybeefalo.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/beefalo.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/Goose.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/dragonfly.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/deerclops.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/bearger.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/carrot_planted.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/chester_eyebone.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/flint.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/rabbithole.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/rocky.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/red_mushroom.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/green_mushroom.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/blue_mushroom.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/lightninggoat.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/mandrake.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-222103064/minimap/molehill.xml )
MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( ../mods/workshop-395250680/images/map_icon/wilburn.xml )
scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(1586,1) AUTUMN TIME
scripts/mods.lua(17,1) error calling PrefabPostInit: wilburn in mod workshop-395250680 (Wilburn): 
...pps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua:10: module 'components/switch' not found:
no file '../mods/workshop-395250680/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-339210552/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-277176027/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-362615360/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-222103064/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-361387195/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-360270839/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-364669299/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-377235497/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-385718668/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-384887483/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-371054578/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-365478579/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-226218366/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-298407615/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-390449107/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-180843799/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-344229670/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-222342168/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file '../mods/workshop-271800759/scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file 'scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file 'scriptlibs/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no file 'scripts/components/switch.lua' (checked with custom loader)
no field package.preload['components/switch']
no file '..\mods\workshop-395250680\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-339210552\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-277176027\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-362615360\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-222103064\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-361387195\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-360270839\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-364669299\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-377235497\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-385718668\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-384887483\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-371054578\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-365478579\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-226218366\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-298407615\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-390449107\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-180843799\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-344229670\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-222342168\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file '..\mods\workshop-271800759\scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file 'scripts\components/switch.lua'
no file 'scriptlibs\components/switch.lua'
no file 'scripts/components/switch.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\bin\lualib\components/switch.dll'
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'require'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/c
scripts/mods.lua(226,1) Disabling workshop-395250680 (Wilburn) because it had an error.
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen
scripts/gamelogic.lua(494,1) Loading Nav Grid
scripts/entityscript.lua(280,1) component extractable already exists!
scripts/saveindex.lua(395,1) ClearCurrentResurrectors CB
scripts/saveindex.lua(420,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(436,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(420,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(436,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(218,1) LoadSavedSeasonData CB
scripts/modindex.lua(85,1) ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.

Reset() returning
Assert failure 'text_len * NUM_VERTICES_PER_CHAR < MAX_NUM_CHARS * NUM_VERTICES_PER_CHAR' at ..\source\game\render\BitmapFontRenderer.cpp(1301): Trace follows...

@aegwenn

scripts/mods.lua(17,1) error calling PrefabPostInit: wilburn in mod workshop-395250680 (Wilburn):  ...pps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua:10: module 'components/switch' not found:

Em... Wow.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that means. Apparently the game wants to find a component called 'switch' in my mod, but that doesn't exist in any of the mods I know of, and I've never heard of that thing. I don't know, I'm sorry... :(

Could you at least give me the list of mods you're using so I can try to find out which one is causing the crash ?

All the rest of the mods I use (though usually not all at once) are fine, it seems, so here's a list of mods that definitely don't conflict:

Action Queue
Additional Structures
Backpack and Amulet
Beefalo Milk
Camp Cuisine Re-Lunched
Clock in Caves
Craftable Catcoon House
Craftable Gears
Craftable Treasures
Deluxe Campfires 2.11
Display Food Values
Don't Spoil Early
Electricity
Followers All in One
Improved Boomerang
Items Stack to 1,000
Loot Drop Tweaks
Memory Spike Fix
Mineable Gems
Miniature Yurt
Minimap HUD MZ
More Realistic Beehives
OneShot Mine and Chop
Path Lights
Pickle Friends PET
Pickle It
PickyPickyPicky
Plant Mushrooms
Resurrection Shelter
RPG Items
Season Clock
SmartCrockPot
Spider Companions
Steam Biome
Steampunk
Storm Cellar
Stumps Grow
Tell Me About Health
The Arena
Tiny Alchemy Powers
Waiter 101 v3.1
Wall Gates
Where's My Beefalo?
Wormhole Marks

@aegwenn

Wow that's a lot of mods.

Thanks for finding the conflict.

It's really weird because I did add the usual fix for the AoS mod in Wilburn. So unless there was a change in that mod, it should be working. I'll download it and see if I can debug it.

(At least now I have a list of the mods that are apparently compatible with Wilburn. Thanks!)

ust reporting a small issue: The icon on the map is not transparent, and looks a little small.

And to add to your list of compatible mods, these are all working fine alongside Wilburn:

- Moar Save Slots

- No Release Deployables

- No Warnning

- Screen Shot Tools

- Smarter Crock Pot

I'm loving how well he fits in to the game. I had to try him because it's harder to believe he's a mod character rather than a part of the base game. Seriously. I commented over in the worksop too, but I want to express appreciation for such a well-thought out mod that fits in so perfectly.

I wish I could help with coding aspects, but I have no experience there.

As for your inquiry about adding other followers, I think everything besides the beefalo sounds pretty interesting. Beefalo, being a powerful overworld mob that can grow to immense numbers easily and have insanely good drops if you could cause infighting, sound like they could easily be OP.

With Webber being my main, I can say that spiders aren't the greatest army, so with Wilburn needing to have on his giant hat in order to control them, that sounds like it would balance out pretty easily with lots of dead spiders. I could be wrong, but that would be my guess. If pigs/bunnymen still have a natural conflict with merms/spiders, that could be a way to keep a balance of needing to choose your servants wisely to avoid them killing each other. I haven't gone into the ruins in the base game yet so I don't know if splumonkeys and spiders have natural antagonism, but I would imagine them to be a good mob to use as the one that no other followers would mind working with.

@AlternateMew

Hey there, thanks even more for your appreciation, I don't know what to say. I'm especially happy that you find him suitable enough for the base game, that's a very big compliment. And now thanks for the help too  :wilson_love: Giving me such feedback is just as helpful as helping with the code, you know.

The issue with the map icon transparency should have been fixed in the last update (0.9.6). Tell me if you still have that problem.

---

I wasn't really excited about adding beefalos to the list anyway, I was more interested in.. splumonkeys for some reason. Maybe I just find them funny.

So, normally your creatures shouldn't fight each other as long as they're all your followers. They will fight naturally if they're not all in your party though. As Wilburn, you need to make everyone pacific as quickly as possible when you recruit creatures. Giving them gifts is expensive in items and slow, while hitting them with the authority symbol is swift but expensive in durability and aggroes other creatures that are not in your team yet. So you need to be strategic. Unfortunately there are SO many different cases possible in the follower system, it's really hard to make it stable and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed in this field, when I make the code...

So anyway, Beefalos are not interesting, Merms and Cave spiders are interesting.

But Splumonkeys are... interesting ? The thing is, I really want to experiment with these guys, even though they are... completely useless. They don't attack or inflict damage if they're normal, and when they're nightmarish, they're extremely dangerous and I feel like it they shouldn't stay in your team... (common sense here... It's like a werepig after all.)

So here's how I see it, for monkeys:

- The least I can do is make sure they don't steal from Wilburn when they're friendly.

- I suppose they should leave Wilburn when the time comes in the nightmare cycle...

- Maybe they could run around, find items and bring them to Wilburn when they are friendly ? (that's very difficult to code, though)

- And then maybe... They could 'attack' enemies by throwing poop when Wilburn wants to attack. (I think this is even harder to code) Usually they only do this to the player to annoy you, and I think it doesn't cause any damage but it stuns you.

I'm not a pro, though, I can't guarantee that this works in the end. To be honest, I was experimenting and I tried to add a functionality for pigs the other day : I wanted to make it so that if you're Wilburn and they follow you, they will look for items on the ground, go pick them up and bring them to him, but it's not working at all.. :(

Anyway thanks again !

@AlternateMew

Hey there, thanks even more for your appreciation, I don't know what to say. I'm especially happy that you find him suitable enough for the base game, that's a very big compliment. And now thanks for the help too  :wilson_love: Giving me such feedback is just as helpful as helping with the code, you know.

The issue with the map icon transparency should have been fixed in the last update (0.9.6). Tell me if you still have that problem.

---

I wasn't really excited about adding beefalos to the list anyway, I was more interested in.. splumonkeys for some reason. Maybe I just find them funny.

So, normally your creatures shouldn't fight each other as long as they're all your followers. They will fight naturally if they're not all in your party though. As Wilburn, you need to make everyone pacific as quickly as possible when you recruit creatures. Giving them gifts is expensive in items and slow, while hitting them with the authority symbol is swift but expensive in durability and aggroes other creatures that are not in your team yet. So you need to be strategic. Unfortunately there are SO many different cases possible in the follower system, it's really hard to make it stable and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed in this field, when I make the code...

So anyway, Beefalos are not interesting, Merms and Cave spiders are interesting.

But Splumonkeys are... interesting ? The thing is, I really want to experiment with these guys, even though they are... completely useless. They don't attack or inflict damage if they're normal, and when they're nightmarish, they're extremely dangerous and I feel like it they shouldn't stay in your team... (common sense here... It's like a werepig after all.)

So here's how I see it, for monkeys:

- The least I can do is make sure they don't steal from Wilburn when they're friendly.

- I suppose they should leave Wilburn when the time comes in the nightmare cycle...

- Maybe they could run around, find items and bring them to Wilburn when they are friendly ? (that's very difficult to code, though)

- And then maybe... They could 'attack' enemies by throwing poop when Wilburn wants to attack. (I think this is even harder to code) Usually they only do this to the player to annoy you, and I think it doesn't cause any damage but it stuns you.

I'm not a pro, though, I can't guarantee that this works in the end. To be honest, I was experimenting and I tried to add a functionality for pigs the other day : I wanted to make it so that if you're Wilburn and they follow you, they will look for items on the ground, go pick them up and bring them to him, but it's not working at all.. :(

Anyway thanks again !

Using 0.9.6 (at least according to the modinfo.lua), and the map icon is the same as the screenshot.

Glad to hear that feedback is helpful! I've dabbled in looking at code, and I can imagine the coding nightmare all those followers would be.

Anyways, just tested cave spiders with Webber. Two hiders and a spitter got positively owned by a single worm. Granted worms are a strong enemy, but I was kind of banking on the spitter being a good ally by attacking from a distance, which he did not do. with spiders being hostile by default and what you mentioned about recruiting, I can absolutely not see them as being overpowered in the least. Which is good!

Merms... I'm not sure what would be fitting of them. They are super hostile, maybe they could attack things without being commanded to? That could be a bit useful in a DST port, if what I hear is correct that you have to actually hit something to make your pigs attack it, thus getting the aggro on you and putting yourself in danger.

I think the item gathering sounds interesting for splumonkeys. Not all followers need combat functionality, and that would give them something unique to them. Leaving during the nightmare cycle would make an interesting dynamic where you'd have to recruit and skedaddle if you want to keep them.

I don't know what you've tried, but what about a harvest/take items option? Where they can pick up items and you "harvest" them to recieve their inventory?

Uh oh... Maybe I forgot to update it on the Steam Workshop, sorry !

Okay, so Webber can recruit cave spiders. That means coding this for Wilburn will be a piece of cave cake. And I always knew it wouldn't make him too overpowered. What makes Wilburn really overpowered are rock lobsters, though. Try using the scepter and having rocky followers. I'm afraid I might have to nerf this in some way...

I'm hesitant about merms. Maybe I could make it so that they're hostile, even to your other followers. You would be forced to have only merms in your team if you want any. They run extremely fast, they deal about 30 dmg and they have 500 hp... Still, having the crown permanently on your head can be annoying enough so that it doesn't need to be nerfed. Will experiment..

I'll see what I can do with the monkeys, but I don't guarantee anything.

Well that's a great idea ! I could try that ! I'll need to do some long trial and error before getting something that works though...

Odd, still showing the messed up icon... Hold on, am I supposed to uninstall and reinstall to update Steam mods?

I hadn't even thought of the lobsters. Oh, boy, I'll have to try those. Though their insane breeding when you dare bring them out of caves would be something to be wary of.

I think the crown mechanic is pretty good. Sacrificing that head slot can severely limit your other options (fighting/working in the dark, no eyebrella, etc), so that seems pretty good.

@AlternateMew

I don't get it, I updated it and called the new version 0.9.7 just for the map icon...

If you "subscribed" to Wilburn on the Steam Workshop then it should redownload the latest version automatically. I thought it happened at any time you started the game but it's probably when you open you mods menu in Don't Starve. Try that maybe ?

However if you simply downloaded it and placed it in your mods folder it will never auto-update. (Plus the download link is still 0.9.6)

Yeah I recently discovered the reproduction of rock lobsters outside of caves. RIP my bees.

Yeah, using the crown in caves should be a good bonus to have, I could at least make cave spiders recruitable.

There we go. Unsubbing and resubbing worked. Not sure why it didn't update by default, but that's either an issue on my end or Steam's end, anyway.

The It's transparent, but it still looks tiny for some reason. I thought it was just small, but zooming in on the map looks like the outline being a bit thin might be what makes the difference. Also, I never noticed before that all the characters had red-outlines.

LikZ8Vo.pngN7Kr4pX.jpg

Weird.

I know it looks terrible. The problem is that I worked on a 200 or 300% bigger image to draw it on gimp, and upon reducing it, it ended up looking this bad. I was kind of upset after working for nothing and I left it like this.

Also I didn't really compare with another icon at the same time and I should have.

I would remake it, buuut... I borrowed my friend's graphic tablet to make all of the mod, and I had to give it back to him, so I can't really work on art anymore. I need to get a new tablet sometime soon..

That makes sense. It's a minor thing, so not a huge deal!

I've been play-testing with him, and oh boy is that sanity hard to control early game! Here I was thinking "Piece of cake. My main has 100 sanity anyways, I totally know how to deal with that". Nope! Nope I did not. I haven't gotten to late game yet (darn Spring starts and some real crappy luck with RNG), but so far it seems like he's got a good balance of a rough start with a nice reward down the line for making it.

It's great that you play so much with him ! Yeah he's difficult early game. You have to pick flowers often and make yourself a garland, but if it's spring then good luck... You absolutely need an umbrella and a helmet as soon as possible to prevent the normal sanity decrease, but it doesn't even help prevent his own sanity drops.

Starting in Spring is extremely hard for any character anyway. Wilburn is just a bit worse.

Also, sorry for not working on Wilburn anymore, I'll get back to it when I have less work to do and if I can get my hands on a tablet for art.

Some people who don't play Don't Starve very much told me that Wilburn could do well with one or two earlier-game items... Which is true, the staff is already pretty hard to make - even though it's really rewarding - so he's not very attractive for those who don't go far in the game.

Let's see.. I just had an idea for a kind of little bell that forces pigs to step out of their houses when it's dark, so you can recruit them at late hours and they can protect you... It wouldn't be that useful and would break easily, but it would be a lot easier to craft than the other items.

So, the new bell item is ready and fully compatible.. I finished implementing it a few days/weeks ago already, it just doesn't have specific art for it. I don't know if I should add it now... The problem is I can't really work on art anymore, because I gave back the graphic tablet that I used to make the whole mod to my friend. It wasn't mine. So for now Wilburn's bell just looks like the Old Bell except that it doesn't shine. (same thing goes for the map icon that I can't remake properly). Sorry.

I guess I will add the bell anyway so people can play with it.

I also added a bloom effect to the crown to make it look gorgeous and master race graphics and all. This should come soon in let's say version 0.9.8.

Sorry for not working as actively as I used to, I'm very busy with school, my exams are on the way, like a Deerclops that is about to come soon in a few nights.

Archived