Overworld-->Caves-->Ruins; Overworld-->Canyons?

Why doesn't the overworked have more places to go to besides the ruins and the caves/ruins?  Once you get pretty good, they are not really that hard, and once you kill the ancient guardian, there really is nothing left to do in the game.  

Why not add another completely new location?  What about a hidden/hard to find rock somewhere in the quarry biome at one of the far reaches of your world that takes you to a place called the canyons?  Would be a whole new world to explore/stuff to do.  

Technically you could apply this idea to any biome.  There could even be a tiny beach entrance somewhere that leads to some underwater level

The canyon idea would be pretty difficult to implement as you would have to make it in 3D style and in the end it would only look like the labyrinth. 

For the underwater level, me and my team are in the process of creating a mod which would add an Underwater level to the current DS world ! Its not out yet, but we are working pretty hard to complete and be ready for a public beta version before summer !

The canyon idea would be pretty difficult to implement as you would have to make it in 3D style and in the end it would only look like the labyrinth. 

For the underwater level, me and my team are in the process of creating a mod which would add an Underwater level to the current DS world ! Its not out yet, but we are working pretty hard to complete and be ready for a public beta version before summer !

Plus, you have to take how DS generates into account.

So no walls because we know how that went with caves.

Archived