Flingomatic "eating up" fuel even when full?

I made flingomatic for the first time. I didn't know the red bar was a fuel indicator and that it starts out as full. So I kept refueling and wasted 30+ manure on it. There was no indicator or feedback that it's already full. (Edit: I was expecting the player to say "I can't add more fuel/It's full!" instead of the machine just taking the item.) It just kept doing the puff-smoke animation.

Is this expected behavior? Or should the Add Fuel action be not present if the tank is already full?

I'm posting here first to confirm if this is a bug or just an overlooked item design.

Edited for clarity.

It's not a bug. I don't know if I would call it an overlooked item design either, but then again, you do get a warning when you add manure to the crops in winter, so I don't see why you shouldn't get a warning for the ice fling-o-matic.

Buuuut, you can also fuel an already big fire with no effect.

I saw lots of stupid Let's Players putting like 15 logs into

the fire.

Lots as in, they don't fit on my hands.

You can fuel anything fuelable even when it's full. If you consider it a bug, then it's not just with the ice flingon, but the entire fuel system. And since you can also heal when on full health, and eat with full stats, we may as well call it a conceptual error in the entire game. Namely, that players are able to do things that don't have an effect.

Do you agree with that, applebottom, or not? There's nothing inbetween.

Do you agree with that, applebottom, or not? There's nothing inbetween.

I guess I was expecting such a science-y looking thing to be more user-friendly.

I honestly never ate anything in-game unless one of my stats was down. So I wasn't aware that you can waste food by eating when you're all maxed out.

Campfires set stuff on fire if too huge. Examining it will warn you that it's too strong. So there's a bit of feedback there. The Flingomatic examine text didn't change for me.

But now that you've explained stuff, I'll just accept that the Flingomatic is meant to work that way.

I guess I was expecting such a science-y looking thing to be more user-friendly.

I honestly never ate anything in-game unless one of my stats was down. So I wasn't aware that you can waste food by eating when you're all maxed out.

Campfires set stuff on fire if too huge. Examining it will warn you that it's too strong. So there's a bit of feedback there. The Flingomatic examine text didn't change for me.

But now that you've explained stuff, I'll just accept that the Flingomatic is meant to work that way.

It wasn't meant offensive. I literally meant "what do you expect of the game". As a modder I don't hesitate to publish small tweaks for others. Pardon my primitive expressions.

True. I'll consider it another lesson learned at the very very low price of 30 sh*t. XD

:lol:

True. I'll consider it another lesson learned at the very very low price of 30 sh*t. XD

Its amazing how many of those lessons I've had to learn.

"I'm starving!  Oh look, a mushroom.  I'll pick that and eat it."  -DEAD

Its amazing how many of those lessons I've had to learn.

"I'm starving!  Oh look, a mushroom.  I'll pick that and eat it."  -DEAD

Well that's the general rule of mushrooms. My dad told me that the safest mushrooms to eat are the ones in the super market. and as general rule for mushrooms, never eat one unless you know for a fact that it's not poisonous. Infact, when I first played this game, I just used common sense (You can infact provoke a bee swarm by simply killing a single bee). also my first death was by a treegaurd; I thought I could kill it with a fire rod alone and it didn't work. I was even wary about putting things in Chester the first time I saw him.

Well that's the general rule of mushrooms. My dad told me that the safest mushrooms to eat are the ones in the super market. and as general rule for mushrooms, never eat one unless you know for a fact that it's not poisonous. Infact, when I first played this game, I just used common sense (You can infact provoke a bee swarm by simply killing a single bee). also my first death was by a treegaurd; I thought I could kill it with a fire rod alone and it didn't work. I was even wary about putting things in Chester the first time I saw him.

Golden rules of general survival:

1. Use common sense.
  2. If common sense doesn't explain something (e.g. walking trees), abandon all common sense until it's gone, and only think about facts and logic that are not suspended by said phenomena (e.g. you don't know whether it's a motoric tree that you can simply burn or a camouflaged animal that can be pierced by a spear, but an axe is bound to work)
  3. Don't poop yourself. That's unhygenic and not heroic.

EDIT: I only just realised an implication of the above. Namely, trinitrotoluole is always a solution to any problem appearing. Not so much to the ones disappearing though, sadly.

I agree with applebottom.

Independently I noticed the same thing about the flingomatic.

I went through all the distressing realizations and thought processes described here, and still retained a sense of indignation that my fine thread of existence was being severed by a lack of graphics.

Not common sense.

Along with common sense we have the other senses, such as hearing, sight, touch, scent, taste and uncommon sense known as sixth sense besides others. Common sense should help orchestrate all this input into a positive outcome or we are all Wilsons.

I agree with applebottom.

Independently I noticed the same thing about the flingomatic.

I went through all the distressing realizations and thought processes described here, and still retained a sense of indignation that my fine thread of existence was being severed by a lack of graphics.

Not common sense.

Along with common sense we have the other senses, such as hearing, sight, touch, scent, taste and uncommon sense known as sixth sense besides others. Common sense should help orchestrate all this input into a positive outcome or we are all Wilsons.

Okay then... why don't you concentrate your post into something a little more direct and simple? EDIT: And by that I mean to express that I cannot see any particular point in your post, just mid-developement philosophical garbage.

Five senses? Pfff, may as well burn incense and wear bird masks for quarantine.

Okay then... why don't you concentrate your post into something a little more direct and simple? EDIT: And by that I mean to express that I cannot see any particular point in your post, just mid-developement philosophical garbage.

Five senses? Pfff, may as well burn incense and wear bird masks for quarantine.

Yes, thank you. Good to see were I stand, at least with you. Some people are garbage, me; and some people are the top of the class, you. Which class that is I'm not sure but I am sure that it is very lonely at the top. Apparently you say life is pointless, get some counseling. Don't know where you're coming from to dump that much hostility on someone you don't know. I'm not going to bother you with my mid-developement philosophical garbage since I'm not going to bother to return to this site. If someone is abusing you I am sorry I hope it gets better. The point of this post is that most peope, the normal ones, aren't entertained by hazing, harrassing  or victimizing each other.. Klei forums just aren't big enough for the both of us, so you have won. I will never return. To the victor belong the spoils, a lonely web site stewing in its hostility. Bye.

Archived