Weird maniac laugh at night

I remember when i heard the laugh before it was freaking terrifying and kinda loud (mabye because of my volume). but one day i decide to go exploring, i found a pig house with a pig and night was near so i build a fire next to the pig house. It was a full moon that night, but yes i did tame the pig, when night was close to arrive and i was in dim lighting to dark for about a few mili seconds then i hear the laugh. it's one of the reasons i don't like exploring i always hear weird noises. I told my friend about it but he states he never heard the noises before. i go on to check over here to see that i am not just paranoid and that i am not making this up.

• Like 1

Yeaaaah, if I were on such an island, I'd start hearing things after a few days too...On a more serious note, I've heard laughing and growling at night. Wasn't like the growling you hear from the hounds either, sounded quite different.

I hear, an evil laugh all the time, like a deep ha...ha....ha...ha...ha...

Same, anytime I'm in or near a swamp biome I hear that laugh. Like a really low, and drawn out "bwah- ha - ha -ha -haaaa...." I think sounds like that (a least currently) are just atmospheric noises in the game with no particular source.

The swamp monsters actually have their own laugh which remind me of that weird plantlike thing that is in the dirty waters surounding Grunty Industries in Banjo Tooie,and it sounds different than the laugh during night,which is slower and a crapton creepier....Camp at a dug up grave during night,and crank your volume up....

I was coming here to see people saying "that's not possible, it's something that you're making up" because I thought that. I have the game playing in the background, and then I hear a very, very deep laugh/breath in the background.

I heard this a while ago just before the Naughty and Nice update came out. I don't remember much but I know it was my first play through and sometime around day 35? Anyways I was going to get some silk from a spider nest, and it was separated from my main island by a large swamp island. I left a bit late and had to spend the night in the swamp.

So there I was cooking a morsel on my campfire, minding my own business, when I hear this creepy laugh. It was very distant, was clearly a man laughing and only lasted a second or two. I didn't think much of it back then, 'just ambience I suppose' I thought. But maybe it's more than that... :o

In swamps, the fauna always make sinister saw-like noises. In forests, it is suspected a rare kind of bird hides in the evergreens and calls for a mating partner. The latter sounds like "ih-ih-ih-ih-ih-ih-ih", which sounds very similiar to "hi-hi-hi-hi-hiii".

I usually hear the laugh when I go wandering at night with my miner's cap on. The ambiance volume kicks up quite a lot when closer to the darkness. I would definitely say it's Maxwell. It sounds like an older male enjoying himself too much. The laugh I hear is just a quick "a-ha-ha". Almost like a quick cackle. Sometimes I hear a little more "ha"s but usually it's pretty quick. Kinda freaks me out cuz I just expect a raving murderous maniac to jump out of the shadows and rip my face off or something to that effect.

But then I think, "Wait that's too normal an enemy for this game."

Even after reading all of these posts, I can't think of what audio in the game you are hearing....

Haha, I thought the same x)

Never heard any audio clip that resembles a laugh but the slow deep one playing in swamps at night. (and day?) I'm sure that the "swamp laugh" are supposed to be frog noises or something though. And I don't mean that the actual frog enemies are making the sound, just that the atmospheric background noise are supposed to be frogs or other creatures.

Haha, I thought the same x)

Never heard any audio clip that resembles a laugh but the slow deep one playing in swamps at night. (and day?) I'm sure that the "swamp laugh" are supposed to be frog noises or something though. And I don't mean that the actual frog enemies are making the sound, just that the atmospheric background noise are supposed to be frogs or other creatures.

I swear its true I've heard it while wandering around with a torch at night trying to catch fireflys for my miners helmet

Even after reading all of these posts, I can't think of what audio in the game you are hearing....

A moderator made a post that didn't get any likes...

What's going on!?!  Is this a dream?  Am I a dream?  SOMEONE GIVE ME ANSWERS, DAMNIT!  ANSWERS!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a bird of some kind that lives in the swamp.  That said, there ARE tons of creepy ambient sounds in the game.

• Like 1