Solutions (host+client in same PC)

well i'm on linux and i have not make server on windows 7 or on windows server

but maybe you can make batch "update.bat" like this:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\Servers\DST\ +app_update 343050 validate +quit

maybe that it is possible to automate this script with the task scheduler under Windows, for example restart the server and update daily, but i don't know how restart server on windows :razz:

Edited by ToNiO55

Ok I've been trying to get into my server for hours with no luck.

I have a RT N66U router and I'm not sure on what setting I have to change in order to get in. I'm not really sure if some of these solutions can help me because my router settings are worded different.

I have 2 connections btw one is a 2.4 and the other is 5. Is it possibly to make it so that one of the connections can be seen as a different connection so I can log into my server?

@Lucinastar, when creating the server, pick ONLINE.

Check the OP's post, I edited it with an image to show what to switch.

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to switch it LAN in the the game but my server doesn't show. It will if I switch back to NO it's still there though. I know it has to be because of my router but I'm not sure where I should go to on my router settings to configure it correctly.

@Lucinastar, try forcing your connection.

After pressing Play!, open the console (the tilde "~"), and use the command:

c_connect(ip, port, password)

Where IP is the IP you used on your router to portforward to. i.e 192.168.1.123

Port is the port you portforwarded, default is 10999.

Password if your server has a password.

c_connect("192.168.1.123", 10999)
  • Like 1

@Lucinastar, try forcing your connection.

After pressing Play!, open the console (the tilde "~"), and use the command:

c_connect(ip, port, password)

Where IP is the IP you used on your router to portforward to. i.e 192.168.1.123

Port is the port you portforwarded, default is 10999.

Password if your server has a password.

c_connect("192.168.1.123", 10999)

Just tried this. Still says server isn't responding. It's not really a problem with my server as everything checks out fine and I can see people joining and talking to each other.

My router settings just must be blocking something on my end, I looked at the soultions on here and they seem helpful but my router settings layout is a bit confusing for me.

I see multicast in my router settings but I have no idea how to disable it or if I can. Also I'm not sure if I disabled all the NAT filters I have.

Maybe my server needs to be update for me to join?

I checked my version on the list and it says 130891. Is this the latest update number?

it's normal server DST? or server DST ROG?

Edited by ToNiO55

@Lucinastar, I'm gonna ask for you to put "Enable NAT:" to "No."

Then try again hosting and looking with your client. Remember to look for "Show LAN: No" and "Show LAN:Yes".

130891 - http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52208-game-update-130891-3202015/ is DST without RoG.

Your client doesn't have the RoG beta testing branch enabled, right?

@Lucinastar, I'm gonna ask for you to put "Enable NAT:" to "No."

Then try again hosting and looking with your client. Remember to look for "Show LAN: No" and "Show LAN:Yes".

130891 - http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52208-game-update-130891-3202015/ is DST without RoG.

Your client doesn't have the RoG beta testing branch enabled, right?

I tried what you said with the NAT being off and it just disabled my internet connection off my computer (my router and modem are not connected to my gaming desktop pc that I'm using now, they're connected to a MAC downstairs). Is it supposed to do that or did something wrong?

No my client is a normal DST server. I didn't know they had DST RoG servers now.

It's normal DST. I didn't even know they had DST ROG server.

if you want you can update your server DST for server ROG

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52116-reign-of-giants-public-test-help-us-out/

just use this command for update your server:

app_update 343050 -beta rog_together_beta -betapassword rogtogetherbeta validate

Edited by ToNiO55