[AI] Rabbits are too easy to kill, so, how about this…

When you run from Rabbit Hole to Rabbit it's too easy to kill it, because it's running right in your way (to it's Rabbit Hole). I think it would be better if Rabbit could run away from character first, (just like Gobbler) and then — Rabbit will try to reach it's Rabbit Hole. How about that?

post-931-1376458979454_thumb.png

It would certainly make me feel a little more like building traps instead of just cutting the rabbit off and smacking it before it can reach its burrow. Also, this should be in the suggestions forum. Not general discussion.

I like it. I got here right when they made rabbits run into a hole when a friendly rabbit nearby is killed so i didnt get the one where they sat peacefully while friends being slaughtered. but I think this is a great idea! or perhaps make it where they run to the nearest hole rather then their specific hole. it is a colony after all and the tunnels would be connected.

Yup, a while back I suggested that every rabbits should have two holes it could run to so you couldn't just block its only avenue of "escape". However if the rabbit gains the evasion skills of the Gobbler... wow, that would make it super hard to catch as well. I wouldn't be against it. However it would be nice if the game included more ways to stealthily sneak up on rabbits and kill them (i.e. when they are not facing you). A key issue is that right now it's fairly quick to cut-off and kill a rabbit. If instead you had to work a little harder for the kill, through stealth, then it might balance it more.

However if the rabbit gains the evasion skills of the Gobbler... wow, that would make it super hard to catch as well.

But that's why traps exists in game, right? :rolleyes: Oh, and I really loved the feature that other Rabbits are hiding, when you kill one near them.

But that's why traps exists in game, right? :rolleyes: Oh, and I really loved the feature that other Rabbits are hiding, when you kill one near them.

Yup, that's the point of traps and why they should be more effective than just hunting on your own. And even then players can use sleeping darts to capture rabbits/birds and then kill them, so it's not like they cannot hunt without traps. Or the pan flute too. Lots of options that work, so long as the player is willing to make the effort.

If a bow and arrows are ever added to the game, then that would make some extra sense for allowing players to hunt without traps. At the cost of arrows, of course.

Yup, that's the point of traps and why they should be more effective than just hunting on your own. And even then players can use sleeping darts to capture rabbits/birds and then kill them, so it's not like they cannot hunt without traps. Or the pan flute too. Lots of options that work, so long as the player is willing to make the effort.

If a bow and arrows are ever added to the game, then that would make some extra sense for allowing players to hunt without traps. At the cost of arrows, of course.

Wait… Sleep Darts actually works?! :eek: I tried it so many times, but there wasn't any effect! ._.

Well, yea, I'm agree with you :)