How to make a beefalo don't follow other beefalos

Hey,

I catched 3 beefalos but they always try to go to the other beefalos they were with before i catched them. But they can't go away and won't spawn other baby beefalos, because they try to go to the other beefalos.
I catched them in a stone cage :p

What can i do, that the beefalos don't try to go to there old Herd and build there own herd?

Firstly, they take a while before they'll start a new herd in their new area. Unless you penned them in rather close to their old herd, then they'll never make a new herd. Secondly, if you're sure the penned beefalos are far enough and you have waited enough time but they still move towards their old herd then you can try and kill off the old herd, that may force the penned beefalos to create their own herd in the new pen.

Of course if you're very close to the penned beefalos, while you attack the old herd the penned beefalos will break the walls and hunt you down too. So it's a matter of keeping the two groups separated. To simplify everything I've said, read below:

• Wait longer for the game to recalculate the herding groups better. 
  • OR Pen in the beefalos farther away from their old herd. At least five(5) screens away, just to be safe.
  • OR Kill off the old herd.

Sadly, I do not know the specifics on the herding mechanics, so hope that helps. If not, I suggest you wait for other people to offer better information on the matter. Good luck, have fun and be careful. Cheers.

Archived