[Achievement] Krampus Sack Acquired!

This is purely a personal achievement, as this is the first time I have legitimately earned a Krampus sack on a Wilderness Survival Dedicated Server(or in DST for that matter). It took me a long time to juggle between Krampus Farming and dealing with Looters and Griefers. I've killed most people who didn't listen to my instructions, (i.e. don't burn trees, don't pick those flowers by the bee boxes, don't cook the caged bird, etc.)

Proof on surviving for +70 days: Around 2-3 days after I took the image below, I died to Ewecus. I had orientation the wrong way where Ewecus suddenly appears from the bottom edge of my screen. I panic ran and got snotted. Couldn't heal fast enough or breakfree and my armors broke cause they were only a few digits away from breaking. It was a sad sad day...
post-474697-0-62276400-1421800916_thumb.

Anyhow I managed to get my items back while carefully dodging that nasty Ewecus so it wouldn't see me. I've decided to get my revenge once I've properly geared up. Below was my meager camp. I didn't bother gathering bushes or grass tufts or sapling. Clumping those things together only entices a griefer to burn it all up. (those saplings were planted by someone else)
post-474697-0-72265400-1421800551_thumb.

Once I've set my self up again, I took a long break from playing and logged off for a good few hours. Then I came back for the final haul. Below is where I camped, in case anyone was wondering. At the very edge of the land that has no wormholes into the area and the only way to get in is past a patch of killer bee nests.
post-474697-0-55606100-1421802509_thumb.

Shortly after I've reestablished myself in my camp again, people have finally discovered where I have camped up majority of my playthrough. Only a few were friendly, and majority of them wanted to loot my resources and destroy my camp. So I had to kill people... I had to. When all was said and done, I decided to fortify my camp further and cram in as much resources I can find. I've also dropped a bunch of empty backpacks around camp to distract looters from finding my important resources, so by the time they find the right bags I would've beaten them to death. Shown below is the result.
post-474697-0-21134600-1421801748_thumb.

This next image was purely coincidence, I never realized until I saw it that the bones and Maxwell Statue had the same pose. Here I was trying to imitate them. Small snicker moment.
post-474697-0-74507300-1421802053_thumb.

In between all these images since I died after +70days, I've been bird hunting with boomerangs to spawn Krampus. I probably dealt with around 6-8 Krampus waves, and then it finally happened!
post-474697-0-37017600-1421802839_thumb.

Sadly, the server was about to end pretty soon (Dedicated Wilderness Servers reset on the 180th day) so I had to deal with that Ewecus fast before I lose my chance! Unfortunately, I was too preoccupied with the combat against Ewecus that I wasn't able to take screenshots, sorry. Big thanks to Ryjoebob for jumping in last minute to help me deal will Ewecus. Ryjoebob took most of the hits but we stun locked it to death. The image below is within the last 5 five minutes of the server. It was an awesome run!
post-474697-0-82697300-1421803148_thumb.

THE END

CLOSING NOTES:
I'd like to give shoutouts to four specific people, three of which were friendly and the fourth was very not-friendly. Hats off to you guys!
  • Trin(...) - For helping me gather resources for the camp for +30days near the end of my +70 day streak. Sorry I forget your full username. Let me know if you find this so I can complete it.
  • K_Flow - For helping keep camp fully stocked on food and wood for boomerangs after I died to Ewecus.
  • Ryjoebob - For jumping in and helping me deal with Ewecus, right before the server ended.
  • Rafax - For being being the most persistent griefer/looter I've ever encountered on DST. I had to kill him three(3) times before he ran out of patience to look for my camp all over again.

The only thing I regret is not being able to kill or even witness the death of Deerclops. In over 110+ in-game days I've played on the server, Deerclops only spawned once and in somebody else's camp. I had prepared over 32 gunpowder(see 4th image) for it and between the fourth and fifth image I had two(2) Ice staves. Sigh...

Things that I aimed for:

• Krampus Sack CHECK!
  • Walking Cane CHECK!
  • Tam o' Shanter CHECK!
  • Steel Wool and Phlegm CHECK!
  • Deerclops Eye FAIL!

Oh well, maybe next time I'll be able to complete everything. But for now, I believe I'm done playing DST in long chunks like I did for this playthrough unless Klei introduces new content(RoG or DST exclusives like Ewecus.) That's it! Thanks everyone for all the haphazard fun. The other players and especially to Klei for keeping the Dedicated Wilderness SanFran Server up(lol)..... and of course for DST.

Thanks for the read, hope someone learned something from this, if not that's ok too. Good luck to everyone in your future adventures and with all your future in-game encounters.
May you never encounter a griefer with a walking cane. *shudder* 

Cheers!

Archived