Eggplant or Pomegranate?

If you have the choice, only grow dragon fruit.  Otherwise, eggplant/pumpkin/pomegranate are all useful.  You should never be in a situation where you have a dire need of them though. If you feel that way, work on other, better methods of restoring health/sanity:

For Health:

Honey from bee boxes, which yo use for Honey Ham.

Also, I recommend honey, which is from Bee Boxes.

If that doesn't work, build more bee boxes.

And plant flowers.

Then wait for the noobs to pick all the flowers, every year, because they're too stupid not to.

For Sanity:

Top Hat - Build yourself a spider farm if you want lots of them.

Also, hide it. Every noob who joins your game will destroy your spider farm. Not because they're bad, but because they're assholes who can't comprehend that your tightly packed spider dens surrounded with traps might be there for a reason.

That said,  get yourself a single Tam-O-Shanter from MacTusk and you'll never have sanity problems again. It's also a decently warm hat. Good enough for Wilson with beard, other characters should make a Beefalo Hat. Nobody knows what that is, but I assure you it's a thing.  

To kill MacTusk you'll need an Ice Wand, Spear, and Football Helmet or Log Suit.  Hit MacTusk with 2 shots from the wand to freeze him, kill the hounds, then kill MacTusk. He may escape, requiring re-freezing.  

If you have the choice, only grow dragon fruit.  Otherwise, eggplant/pumpkin/pomegranate are all useful.  You should never be in a situation where you have a dire need of them though. If you feel that way, work on other, better methods of restoring health/sanity:

[...]

This food advice is great, but the combat one is not, to be honest. You really only need a fellow and a tiny bit of kiting skills to fight the Hunter Party.

Honey makes everything better. Your health, your hunger, your mental state, your brain activity, but not your voice sadly. That last one is a myth.

This food advice is great, but the combat one is not, to be honest. You really only need a fellow and a tiny bit of kiting skills to fight the Hunter Party.

Playing as Wendy, I tend to make a firepit very closeby and wait for dusk or night. Abigail kills the hounds and MacTusk with ease. She's so OP it's unreal. O.o

Honey makes everything better. Your health, your hunger, your mental state, your brain activity, but not your voice sadly. That last one is a myth.

Yes, the MacTusk advice is good advice.

-Hunting MacTusk solo is a total pain without an ice wand.  

-If you're hunting him with a buddy it's not necessary, but it's still faster and safer with an ice wand.  

-Ice hounds drop blue gems, so 2-4 charges from an ice wand is virtually a free investment.

I wouldn't stop someone from taking a buddy and kiting MacTusk, it's a perfectly valid strategy.  It's just not the one I would recommend, particularly to a new player.  I'm all about Safety First, and Ice Wands make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Playing as Wendy, I tend to make a firepit very closeby and wait for dusk or night. Abigail kills the hounds and MacTusk with ease. She's so OP it's unreal. O.o

That's a clever solution, especially if you happen to be solo and without an ice wand.

I just visit McTusk's hideout during not-winter and plant tooth traps everywhere. Requires a few hound visits first, also keeping in mind to use some of those teeth for a panic room, but by the second winter it should be possible.

Except for the novelty of using pomegranates where you previously used eggplants there is a distinct drawback from one to the other.

The pomegranates will spoil much more quickly than the eggplants. Approximately 2x as fast. So as much as it saddens me to just keep doing the same old same old over and over (when i tire of dragonfruit pies and the other higher tier foods of course) there is a relatively established heirarchy.

On another note: Mactusk is easily done with only a spear and armors if you are persistent. Just tank the few hits from the hounds until you've killed them (mactusk's 2nd blowdart will wake you from freezing from the 2nd hound if done properly) then just chase him until he gets tired from lugging that impressive belly around all day. Then stun lock him as he turns to return to his hut. 

E Z P Z

Archived