Invalid Placement

One thing I'm sure most Don't Starve player loathe is the way the game treats the placement of objects in invlaid positions, for examle, if there's something on the ground already. First of all, the green-red tint that's supposed to indicate whether or not you can place an item is often useless, because the game already has a tint when it's winter, twilight, night-time, etc. But worse than that is the fact that when you try to place an item in an invalid position the item get de-selected. So instead of simply clicking somewhere else, you have to go over to the craft menu, re-select the thing and pray that this time the game lets you place it. But of course it won't, because you have to repeat the frustrating process at least 3 times, 5 if it's an emergency.

I propose that instead of de-selecting an object that's being placed where it doesn't fit, let it stay selected and play the same sound that plays (for example) when you try to put non-food items in the crockpot

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just being crazy?

Archived