[Scripting] get moon phase?

Start server, enter LongUpdate(480*8) in the console.

Also, I read the code, and there is no "new" moonphase, there is only full moon, so it won't work.

What are you trying to do here? Fix Splumonkeys?

Check this mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364821573

It has splumonkeys working.

What I do for full moon nights is:

local function NightCheck(inst)	if TheWorld.state.isfullmoon then		MyFunction(inst)	endendinst:WatchWorldState("startnight", NightCheck)

There is New, Quater, Half, ThreeQuater and FullMoon, there just isn't any of those except FullMoon for the "TheWorld.state.isMOONSTATE"

And I had a few ideas and I thought splemonkey would be a good test subject.

Now hopefully I have learnt enough lua from messing around with the monkey that I can achieve what I'm aiming for. The only problem I can think of atm is Art.

Edited by Aquaterion

@Aquaterion, alternatively since replacing self did not work you could do.

local function OnMoonChanged(inst, phase)endTheWorld:ListenForEvent("onmoonchanged", function(src, phase) OnMoonChanged(inst, phase) end) 

This will listen for the event on TheWorld instance, but push the instance of the monkey to the function.

@Aquaterion, alternatively since replacing self did not work you could do.

local function OnMoonChanged(inst, phase)endTheWorld:ListenForEvent("onmoonchanged", function(src, phase) OnMoonChanged(inst, phase) end) 

This will listen for the event on TheWorld instance, but push the instance of the monkey to the function.

Well since I got it working I'm not gonna touch it for now, I spent too much time trying to fix something that I had already fixed but didn't realise, thanks though.