Errors in creating Character Mod

Hello people, I am here to ask for some help, I am sorry for any mistakes and such, still very new, I thank anyone for their time.

I have recently started to try to create a mod with this tutorial. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46849-tutorial-using-extended-sample-character-template/

I'm having all sorts of trouble.

At the part where it tell us to test the mod after renaming everything, it crashes on me. another thing I noticed is when testing my mod, the files in the anim folder (that was deleted like it told me to) was put back, but they wasn't renamed as my character. I deleted them and tried it again and I don't think they are adding the files back to the folders, any idea why?

Here is a screenshot error: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/005/4/3/error_by_zack_xeno-d8cq97r.png

My character's name is Zack. Can anybody help? If anybody else needs some screen shots of my files, feel free to ask, thank you!

@ZackOcs, If you could attach the whole mod as a zip that would probably be the easiest. Like your log (and screenshot) are saying, it's not finding an asset that you're using. This could be because you're note declaring it in an assets table (I think the error for that looks a bit different, though), or because you didn't actually provide the file.

another thing I noticed is when testing my mod, the files in the anim folder (that was deleted like it told me to) was put back, but they wasn't renamed as my character. I deleted them and tried it again and I don't think they are adding the files back to the folders, any idea why?

It took me a while to figure out what you were even talking about here. Next time try to be a bit more specific with what's happening. But I think what's going on is that the mod tools don't run the autocompiler on the DST mods directory, they only run on the DS mods directory. So if you provide a png or jpg of your bigportrait image, you're going to need to move your mod to the DS mods directory to get it to autocompile into a tex and xml.

Speaking of which, @PeterA, was that something you were aware of? It might be a real problem for people who don't have single-player, but it would also just be nice for working on DST mods in general if it autocompiled in the DST mods directory when you launched DST.

But I've never used the extended character template myself, and I try to avoid touching art assets because they're super annoying to work with, like you're seeing, and not algorithmically interesting at all.

Edit: Dleowolf actually pointed out that this would occur in his guide:

NOTE: If modding for Don't Starve Together, the compiler will not find your mod (at least for me, anyway). You may need to temporarily move your mod to your single player mods folder to compile, and then move it back afterwards.
  Edited by rezecib