Dedicated server files

+1 please add me to the list of folks interested in server files. I feel just awful shutting down the server when I want to play another game. I'd prefer to allow friends to continue frolicing in my absence.

Tks for being super awesome!

//SamEureka

I am also interested in more information on getting access to the files and running a dedicated server. 

Right now i am playing around with writing some interesting Mods for the game and hosting a small public server to test them out on. It would make things a lot easier than running everything through steam and the base game client.

We are totally pumped with how many people have been asking about dedicated servers.

I'll be looking into packaging up the dedicated client in the next week (...or two).  It's just kind of a hassle to send to someone right now / keep up to date.  Most servers you see are hosted by us, because it's easy to update our own servers via a script.

We have some memory leaks to also track down before it's really ready for prime time- but I think it's pretty high priority.

Dedicated servers, please.

I am really looking forward to hosting my own dedicated server. I don't know a lot about hosting a server, but I am just asking if the files will be public or if it will be like DST where they hand out keys to allow people to play? Plus, I didn't really get the Anonymous login thing, could someone clarify? Thanks, Mark for your hard work.

Archived