Dedicated server files

Hi, Today i bought this game with a friend to play with others that have it too, we got a lot of problems creating a server (ping and that stuff) so I searched for a dedicated server software to run it on my dedicated server, my surprise come when I saw the files where not public, so please if some developer or someone could give me a beta of the servers files will be apreciated, I dont wanna host a public server just a private one. Im a Linux system administrator so I dont have any trouble with linux or other stuff.

My Server:

Dual core Intel XEON - 2GB RAM - 1000mb/s speed - Debian 7 64bits

If someone can give me please contact me via email (raulgbcr@gmail.com) or via steam (raulgbcr)

Best Regards, Raul

• Developer

We are totally pumped with how many people have been asking about dedicated servers.

I'll be looking into packaging up the dedicated client in the next week (...or two).  It's just kind of a hassle to send to someone right now / keep up to date.  Most servers you see are hosted by us, because it's easy to update our own servers via a script.

We have some memory leaks to also track down before it's really ready for prime time- but I think it's pretty high priority.

We are totally pumped with how many people have been asking about dedicated servers.

I'll be looking into packaging up the dedicated client in the next week (...or two).  It's just kind of a hassle to send to someone right now / keep up to date.  Most servers you see are hosted by us, because it's easy to update our own servers via a script.

We have some memory leaks to also track down before it's really ready for prime time- but I think it's pretty high priority.

I'm hyped

Would gladly help to test the dedicated server (would likely run multiple instances from an E5-2620 - 128GB DDR3-1600 with SSDs, Centos or Ubuntu x86_64) from an East Coast server but would likely try West Coast and Central (Dallas).

The sooner the better, we would be super super appreciated! Having to always be playing just to let other friends play is a burden.

Very happy to see your comment :)

note: I'd be perfectly happy with whatever state it's in currently. Memory leaks / required restarts are not a problem at all! We can always update the software when you make improvements :)

note: I'd be perfectly happy with whatever state it's in currently. Memory leaks / required restarts are not a problem at all! We can always update the software when you make improvements :-)

Yea please release it in any state is it. We can workaround any problem :) Just let us try it.

You should be proud of you. It shows how awesome the game is.

Please, speed up :-)

In fact, u can add simple check for version on your site. If it is not new -- says to update server. It's now a big deal, imho.

Maybe we can speed up the investigating if it can create core-dump or fault-logs. We can send it to you.

We take early access and we now what we are doing :-)

Many of as have bsd, deb, rh in there own servers.

We are wating for tar.bz xD

Good luck and please keep us up to date about progress.

This will totally rock.  I'd LOVE a copy of the dedicated server.  I'm an experienced Linux and Windows systems admin and host a bunch of sites and software, and I have a team of gamers who have a lot of experience in this area as well.  We'd love to have a whirl at it.

My only worry is that Don't Starve will now take up 20 hours of each day, and I have to sleep at some point...

I will be glad to help with klein in anyway, so please tell me If need any help with servers. me and my friends are waiting to me tu put a server and enjoy the game ^^

Best Regards, Raul

Greetings from Bulgaria.

Hello guys, my name is Ivan a.k.a. Roshav, and I am a Community Manager of a Gaming TV Show in Bulgaria called NEXT TV Bulgaria. We at NEXT TV really really like your game and admire your work, and I personally have it almost after it hit steam, and recently bought the multiplayer version of the game. 

We at NEXT would really like it, if we can host your game in a dedicated server, on our own machine at the NEXT office for our community and personal to play in the wonderfull world of Don't Starve. We would appreciate it if we could do so as soon as possible. We won't mod your server, we won't use any even workshop mods to it, we just want a server which can host more than 6 players. 

We thank you in advance.

Roshav from NEXT TV

If you would like to contact me personally here is my e-mail address:

[email address removed]

Thank you for the effort @MarkL.

I'm also eagering to host a dedicated server. Is there any update about the packaging?

• Developer

I was sick most of the week, so my progress was slowed.

I've requested an AppID required to publish the dedicated server.  I'm looking at cleaning up a couple minor features today, and my colleagues have found many of the memory leaks :)

I still have a few connectivity support tickets I'm dealing with, but the majority of my time will be spent finishing dedicated servers.   :listening_headphone

I'm aiming for the end of next week.

Archived