What if Don't Starve is in FPS view?

Don't Starve gameplay has always been looking from above at the character.

But what if there is an option to use first person view and explore around? like minecraft?

It would certainly be terrifying to see tentacles popping in front of you or hounds rushing up to you.

But of course some things will have to change, like the terrain of biomes, the tracking of koelefant. etc.

So what do you guys think? :joyous:

It should just be a whole new game, a 3D spin off. It would surely be huge, and sell even better than DS. But Klei has no experience in 3D, so it would be a learning experience, but I'm sure it would pay off. One thing I'd love is better combat instead of just kiting.

I like the view that the game is in already. To switch it would require you to remake the entire game.

No way, there is already a mod that does this.  I linked it.  It's the 6th post down...  <.<

Everybody seems to be completely skipping over it and then saying that it would take some ridiculous workaround to make something like this happen, lol.

It's already been done.

Everybody seems to be completely skipping over it and then saying that it would take some ridiculous workaround to make something like this happen, lol.

Sorry, but it's not really an "FPS"... it IS however in the First Person View I'll give you that... but a little far from actual FPS... just a little more work I think... don't get discouraged or anything alright?

Sorry, but it's not really an "FPS"... it IS however in the First Person View I'll give you that... but a little far from actual FPS... just a little more work I think... don't get discouraged or anything alright?

FPS stands for First Person Shooter.

If it's in First Person, I fail to see how it's not really in First Person... <.<

FPS stands for First Person Shooter.

Well you should've just said "First Person View" on the title instead of "FPS view"  then :T

But following the mechanics of an FPS... this sounds like Mine Craft... :T

Wait...

What were we talking about again? O__O

Well you should've just said "First Person View" on the title instead of "FPS view"  then :T

But following the mechanics of an FPS... this sounds like Mine Craft... :T

Wait...

What were we talking about again? O__O

I didn't make the thread, I have no control over the title.

But if somebody says "FPS view" to me, I assume they simply mean "first person".  I'm curious what you think it means.

I didn't make the thread, I have no control over the title.

Sorry, my bad (my internet's getting cut-off every 2 min so I'm trying to rush my posts)

But if somebody says "FPS view" to me, I assume they simply mean "first person".  I'm curious what you think it means.

Well, the "S"  in "FPS" means "Shooter" so there's that... but he did say "FPS View" which is confusing... but I understand OP's intention now and bows in humble surrender

O___O

Archived