[Linux] Shank 1 gamepad support

b1101

First I'd like to say Mark of the Ninja is an amazing game, and after beating it, and still playing it I decided to buy both Shank 1 and 2. Shank 1 is causing me a problem. With xboxdrv I was able to play MOTN and Shank 2 with little configuration, but Shank 1 does not see a controller at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

update. When I tried to play before I was using an xbox360 controller over usb, and a logitech F710(which I just purchased and returned because it's horrible). Neither of those controllers were identified in the steam controller setup. I purchased a Sony Dualshock3 controller and with the cable. It was seen in steam with the built in kernel module, but the controls were only good in Shank 1. If I want to have "working" controls in Shank 2 and MOTN I need to use xboxdrv. Good thing is that there is also bluetooth controller support for the Dualshock3 with Qtsixa. There are 2 modes in qtsixa for the controller; joystick or kb/mouse. The joystick mode works as if I was using the kernel module, and the kb/mouse works like xboxdrv. Even though there are some quirks I'm happy I have games on Linux period :).

another edit. Appears that qtsixa was the problem. With the newer version of bluez on linux qtsixa is no longer needed. bluez picks up the ps3 controller in bluetoothctrl. Works in joystick mode in both Shank 1 and 2

Archived