Amazing Start Unlucky End

Basically my friend and i start a new world. He has some experience but i have literally none. Anyways, we start by doing the basics of collecting materials and by the end of day 2 we have a ton of materials including over 20 gold! (this is with default rock settings)

We managed to find a pig village by the end of day 3 and so we decided to settle down. We went instantly into gold tools and science machine and alchemy engine etc. With this amazing start we were running low on logs. So i decide to take my handy dandy new gold axe and cut down som trees.

FIRST TREE I CUT DOWN STARTLES A TREE GAURD ON DAY 4! It was literally right outside of the the village too so all the pigs got raped and so did we the end.

TLDR We had an awesome start with 20+ gold had gold tools. Day 4 tree gaurd destroys us and our base in a pig village.

I can understand your situation only I am the expert in my group and they spawned not 1 not 2 but 3 treeguards on day 6 I did not see what they did to spawn them something to do with haunting and trees

also with a little bit of practices there a peace of cake to deal with attack twice run out of its attack range repeat 

Basically my friend and i start a new world. He has some experience but i have literally none. Anyways, we start by doing the basics of collecting materials and by the end of day 2 we have a ton of materials including over 20 gold! (this is with default rock settings)

We managed to find a pig village by the end of day 3 and so we decided to settle down. We went instantly into gold tools and science machine and alchemy engine etc. With this amazing start we were running low on logs. So i decide to take my handy dandy new gold axe and cut down som trees.

FIRST TREE I CUT DOWN STARTLES A TREE GAURD ON DAY 4! It was literally right outside of the the village too so all the pigs got raped and so did we the end.

TLDR We had an awesome start with 20+ gold had gold tools. Day 4 tree gaurd destroys us and our base in a pig village.

The trick for treeguards: four hits then run (sometimes you can get a fifth in) if you're host, three if you're a client (I don't trust the servers enough to try for four)

Replanting helps too... cut a tier 4 tree = 3 logs + uproot the stump with a shovel = 4 logs and 2 pinecones... use the 1st one to replant a tree and the other for... other purposes... most DST worlds I see now have a lot of stumps and not enough trees...

Ok, use the other pinecone to quell a tree guard. When one spawns, plant one near it... the more you plant around it, the higher the chance it calms down and stops attacking you...

But yeah, kill it or do this and you can lure hounds to it... best case scenario, it kills all the hounds and it gets weakened greatly. Then kill it.

I would just lead them to all the pigs in the village.
4 or 5 are normally enough to kill a treeguard. If
this wont work and the pigs die just leave the treeguard
alone and collect the free ham. The treeguard will just
wander around and you can use him to kill hounds.

I can understand your situation only I am the expert in my group and they spawned not 1 not 2 but 3 treeguards on day 6 I did not see what they did to spawn them something to do with haunting and trees

also with a little bit of practices there a peace of cake to deal with attack twice run out of its attack range repeat 

I am the only "expert" in my group also tell others how much the food they made heals and if they should cook certain foods and how to make certain foods and etc.

Archived