My Poor Baby Tallbird

I was playing DST with my brother and a friend, and one day my brother (playing as Willow) brought home a tallbird egg. I had never actually hatched one in Don't Starve and I really wanted to. I was playing as Wendy, and I had already died three times that game, so my teammates wanted me to stay at home and "mind the base." So, with nothing better to do except chop down the immense forest we had next to our base and cook meatballs, I started hatching the egg. We actually tried to fight off a pengull invasion in the meantime, but that's another story. After three days, the egg hatched--upon which, the smallbird immediately imprinted on Willow and started following my brother! So, I sadly started chopping wood with Abigail by my side, when a Tree guard spawned. My friend was playing as a heavily-upgraded WX-78, so we called him in to deal with the problem. While he was on his way there, Abigail attacked and was killed by the Treeguard, and Willow initiated combat--taking my baby smallbird with her! He fought valiantly but was quickly killed by the Treeguard. I was so sad. 

tl;dr My brother stole my baby smallbird and got it killed fighting a treeguard.

=(

My tallbird died fighting a treeguard with me... it was about 30 minutes ago now... tears are falling... he was my friend... my son... my little baby... we... we... shared a lot of adventures... I fed him everytime he wanted to eat... why... why him... I never put him a name... I'll call him "my LTB" from now on... rest in peace Little Tall Bird...

Archived