rajule

Famous last words

199 posts in this topic

Mine are usually "Oh god why are the wolves back already." (There are WAY too many wolves even on less...)

The amount of hounds actually refers to places where hounds permanently exist/spawn. Ie boneyards that constantly spawn hounds if you stay near them (or whatever they might be). I doubt it affects the regular event where hounds spawn to kill you.

1 person likes this

The amount of hounds actually refers to places where hounds permanently exist/spawn. Ie boneyards that constantly spawn hounds if you stay near them (or whatever they might be). I doubt it affects the regular event where hounds spawn to kill you.

Pal, I'm talking about Don't Starve Together, if there are boneyards in DST already I haven't seen ANY.

Where did I say that the boneyards affect the regular event? (Sorry if I didn't understand what you were saying, that's what I got out of what you said)

Pal, I'm talking about Don't Starve Together, if there are boneyards in DST already I haven't seen ANY.

Where did I say that the boneyards affect the regular event? (Sorry if I didn't understand what you were saying, that's what I got out of what you said)

Well, part right, part misunderstood :)

I didn't say you said that boneyards affect the regular event. But I was saying that I think the setting affects the amount of boneyards, not the regular event. Then again, I haven't seen any boneyards either...

Well, part right, part misunderstood :-)

I didn't say you said that boneyards affect the regular event. But I was saying that I think the setting affects the amount of boneyards, not the regular event. Then again, I haven't seen any boneyards either...

Ok I did misunderstand that part, I don't think boneyards are in the game yet, because they only show up in adventure mode in Don't Starve and most of Reign of Giants hasn't been added yet (Varg has not sure about anything else).

Ok I did misunderstand that part, I don't think boneyards are in the game yet, because they only show up in adventure mode in Don't Starve and most of Reign of Giants hasn't been added yet (Varg has not sure about anything else).

So... I guess I'm just imagining the Hound Mounds (boneyards?) that spawned in a few of my worlds... (I was using the RoG characters mod that @rezecib made, I don't know if it has anything to do with this though...)

I was playing Wigfrid and a few hound mounds spawned in what looked like a small desert biome... O__O

@Asparagus, Huh, that's weird. I definitely didn't touch any worldgen stuff with DST RoG Characters.

post-396589-0-32655800-1424669684_thumb.

• I didn't spawn them there, the biome is basically just no turf...
  • World set to Default Don't Starve Experience

O__O No shrooms this time...

"I"

"have"

"single"

"digits"

"in"

"every"

"stat"

"!!!"

"help"

"please"

Typed as such because I was constantly hitting enter so I could continue fleeing from the nightmare monsters.

"BRB, need some glands for the Telltale Heart."

Nightmare monsters + spiders make for a terrible combination.

"Can someone lend me a weapon?"

"I don't have any flint."

Spoken just prior to a massive hound attack.

"Got some grass."

"Hang on."

Briefly forgot that the Telltale Heart takes a health penalty.

As for some post-final words...

"Why are there so many tentacles around spawn?"

"Sorry, guys."

"Ran out of pinecones."

"We need to build a lightning rod."

Edited by Ringoringa
1 person likes this

So... I guess I'm just imagining the Hound Mounds (boneyards?) that spawned in a few of my worlds... (I was using the RoG characters mod that @rezecib made, I don't know if it has anything to do with this though...)

I was playing Wigfrid and a few hound mounds spawned in what looked like a small desert biome... O__O

I'm assuming that the RoG character mod added those too, because houndmounds(I had forgot what they were called so I called them boneyards like the other has called them) spawn in the desert like biome in RoG.

(It did have something to do with the conversation)

@averagewalrus, No, it doesn't... I wrote it... and I said here I didn't add it... :(

I'm not finding anything on the workshop that looks like it might add stuff like that (except maybe More Maps?). What mods do you have on, @Asparagus? That kind of biome occurs in adventure mode, so someone could fairly easily trigger it to spawn, as adventure mode's stuff is all in the files.

@rezecib, aside from the RoG mod, I guess food value display, geometric placing... nothing else related to World Gen...

Oh, I was wrong, I set the world to "Default Plus"...

@averagewalrus, No, it doesn't... I wrote it... and I said here I didn't add it... :(

I'm not finding anything on the workshop that looks like it might add stuff like that (except maybe More Maps?). What mods do you have on, @Asparagus? That kind of biome occurs in adventure mode, so someone could fairly easily trigger it to spawn, as adventure mode's stuff is all in the files.

Oops sorry, I'm not the brightest person.

My favorite one is when my friend said over skype "Hey, there's a bunch of fish and frog legs in this swamp. I'm going to collect them all."

Second favorite is during the last days of winter, "I'll just take these rotten eggs and OH GOD"

1 person likes this

"An igloo"

I start typing: Watch out for the ...

Then:

"xxxx has been killed by MacTusk"

Oh well!

3 people like this

My last words usually go something like this...

In PvP server: "Go ahead! Call your friends! They can't UNkill you!"

TheWalrusMann was killed by Angry Player

Saving someone: "I got your back, homie!"

They run away

TheWalrusMann was killed by Angry Creature

When I'm moderator on my friends server: "Ooh, I wonder if they've added caves yet!"

*types in the console commands thingy*

You have been disconnected from the server

Playing with new players : "Hurry, build a firepit!"

'A what?'

TheWalrusMann was killed by Darkness

Playing with more new players: "STAY AWAY FROM MY MEAT FARM! HEY, CAN YOU READ!?"

TheWalrusMann was killed by Eyeplant

Playing on survival mode: "Spare some berries?"

TheWalrusMann was killed by hunger

Edited by WalrusMan

"Just Kill Me, I'm done with this Moose chase"

Narrator was killed out of Mercy

" Hi there, Need some Jerky?"

Narrator was killed By Raider

"Don't **** with the Frogs, Lenny"

Lenny was Killed by Frog Swarm

"I'm Starving to Death, Take my **** and Go find your friend"

Narrator died of starvation

"My Bee Keeper Mask is gonna break. Do hats auto equip when another breaks?"

Narrator died by bee sting

"Eat the Honey, then the Jerky, Ral"

Ral died by Monster Jerky

"How do you examine food?"

Narrator died by Red Cap

Some of these might not count, it was more like the last thing I said to some people before they died.

Edited by Narrator
3 people like this

I've got quite a few that I've said to my ultra-noob friend before he dies...

"THAT'S NOT AN OSTRICH!"

xxxx was killed by Tallbird

"What do you mean 'red-assed cows'?"

"OH WAIT NO STAY AWAY!"

xxxx was killed by Beefalo

"I enjoy playing as Webber because he can eat monster meat."

xxxx was killed by Monster Meat

1 person likes this

Some player tried hijacking a public survival dedicated server so to show him I convinced everyone who died to his grief to stay on the server. 

Me: *to so and so player* Don't leave more ghosts make him insane.

Griefer: Good luck killing me through sanity.

6 ghosts later the servers reads *so and so* was killed by a terror beak.  Everyone rejoices and he leaves immediately before we can say I told you so.  It was glorious.

4 people like this

"I will survive!"

I say as I am being chased by 3+ shadow monsters, at night, because I tried to revive one of my dead friends with a heart.

1 person likes this

"What's that sound?"

While not noticing the 4 shadow hands on all sides about to put out your fire.

1 person likes this

Made a new friend in DST public server who tagged after me and died every other day. Kid was helpful and nice though, just new to the game. One of his last words:

"I'll help you get poop!" (Day 14)

Friend was killed by Beefalo

My health and sanity got very low from resurrecting him too much, so my famous last words, immortalized via server chat:

"Hey, does anyone remember health penalty for telltale heart? was it 30? 50?"

Random guy from other camp: Uh... just 20, I think

Applebottom was killed by Telltale Heart

1 person likes this