3D Don't Starve scene!

Guennor

Hey everyone!
A while back (probably one year ago or so) I made a 3D Don't Starve scene, or "diorama" for a contest.

I just found it and I had completely forgotten about it. I don't even remember if I posted it here back then.

Anyway, click on the image for you to see it in fully 3d! I recommend First Person Mode (click on the little eye button).

tqIW6MZ.png

Let me know what you guys think!  :wickerbottomthanks:  

• Like 11

I'm so sorry! Now I remember! I have a crappy memory... I should've seen my previous posts... ):

So this needs to be deleted?

You've done an amazing job. :-) Hope you don't mind these snapshots.

[image]

[image]

Oh hey! I don't mind at all! Thanks for the compliment!

Looks awesome. You cramped a lot of details into this, its great!

Thanks for resharing. 

Thank you dude! I worked hard on this. If I remember correctly the theme of the contest was to make a diorama on a videogame, and I needed to be lowpoly, so it was really hard to work in the details with low polygon count and low texture resolution!

So is resharing a thing? Isn't it forbidden? Now that I saw that I posted it here a year ago, i'm afraid that i'll have to delete the post, if there's any rule against it.

Thank you dude! I worked hard on this. If I remember correctly the theme of the contest was to make a diorama on a videogame, and I needed to be lowpoly, so it was really hard to work in the details with low polygon count and low texture resolution!

So is resharing a thing? Isn't it forbidden? Now that I saw that I posted it here a year ago, i'm afraid that i'll have to delete the post, if there's any rule against it.

I'm not one to answer such questions, but from what I've seen and experienced what you did here is ok. Feel free to check this for Art, Music & Lore Subforum Rules. As a general forum etiquette, be careful not to post the same thread topic multiple times. 

On the other hand if you have more of these dioramas to share, I'm guessing that you should clump them here with your OP so you don't end up having multiple threads. Again, I'm not the right person to give you specific directions. So I guess you just have to look around for more specific rules on posting threads.

Note: I only said resharing cause you mentioned you made it a year ago, normally I would've said thanks for sharing. Anyhow hope that clears any confusion. cheers.

Oh hey thanks! I discovered this lowpoly style in the contest (it was a rule, the scene had to have models with a low quantity of polygons and textures with low resoution) and I really liked the result. Now I'm 3d modeling agan after some months of not doing it, and i'm making a scene using this style again! But it's not don't starve related, so.... haha

Very cool.

• Like 1

This is cool as heck, dude. Your conversion of a little scene from Don't Starve from 2D to 3D is impressive and very charming, I love the amount of detail that you were able to put into this despite the limitations that you were given. A lovely job, just wondering how long this took you. :) 

This is cool as heck, dude. Your conversion of a little scene from Don't Starve from 2D to 3D is impressive and very charming, I love the amount of detail that you were able to put into this despite the limitations that you were given. A lovely job, just wondering how long this took you. :-)

Hey my friend!

Thank you!! As I made this a long time ago I'm not quite sure of the total time I took to finish, but as it's a relatively big scene with a lot of props and characters, I think that maybe.... 20 or 30 hours?

I'm not a fast 3d modeler and there's also the UV mapping that takes a looog time, and then the textures...

I can't say for sure haha

But thanks for the compliments!!