Mod Character Ghost Is Invisible.

Edit: Fixed! Thanks to WitchDoctEr16!

Jumping straight to the point, I am currently trying to use Wendy's ghost model as a placeholder, but if I die my ghost turns invisible.

I assume maybe it has something to do with the build.bin or anim.bin in the ghost_build.ZIP not matching up with the regular characters animations? Maybe???

If thats the case, I need to know how to make a custom anim/build.bin.

Character LUA provided below. Though it seems I'm not missing anything that other characters code has, so I'm still assuming its a problem with the anim/build.bin.

wis.lua

Edited by Ogrecakes

is the build for the ghost_wis_build from wis or wendy? if its from wis, the atlas wont work and u need the anim and build from wendy. if its from wendy, is the build renamed to ghost_wis_build? this is the only thing that i imagine could be a problem.

I renamed the zip to be ghost_wis_build.

Im guessing I should keep in named ghost_wendy_build and change the Lua to find that.

the name of the zip file doesnt matter as long as your prefab is set to find that name. so like if its name is ghost_wis_build.zip then in your prefab you would want it to state

Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_wis_build.zip" ),

if the file in anim is named wis, and the prefab states the same, that should make it compatible. what i was refering to is the build.bin

i assume it was meant to be wendy. if its wendy, it needs to be renamed to wis if your prefab says wis. honestly though, why are you using wendy's ghost when you can use the template ghost in the files? you would want to use the ghost_build as your ghost if you want to change. i used it and my ghost was invisible til i added the anim asset above. so for your character you would have 

Asset( "ANIM", "anim/wis.zip" ),Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_wis_build.zip" ),

in your custom character assets.

the name of the zip file doesnt matter as long as your prefab is set to find that name. so like if its name is ghost_wis_build.zip then in your prefab you would want it to state

Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_wis_build.zip" ),

if the file in anim is named wis, and the prefab states the same, that should make it compatible. what i was refering to is the build.bin

i assume it was meant to be wendy. if its wendy, it needs to be renamed to wis if your prefab says wis. honestly though, why are you using wendy's ghost when you can use the template ghost in the files? you would want to use the ghost_build as your ghost if you want to change. i used it and my ghost was invisible til i added the anim asset above. so for your character you would have 

Asset( "ANIM", "anim/wis.zip" ),Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_wis_build.zip" ),

in your custom character assets.

The assets are named correctly, so that isn't the problem. It would be crashing otherwise.

Also, where is the template ghost your referring to?

its in 

dont starve together/data/anim

its called ghost_build.zip

this is what i used and it shows up. i didnt try to use another characters so that might be why it wont appear.

i just recently had the invis ghost problem too. i didnt understand but i looked at my reference mod and saw i didnt have the anim for my ghost. after i added that, it didnt work. i then worked and edited the ghost file, shortly after, it started to work. all i can imagine was that yours was unedited. im honestly not very sure about the code changes to DST. i still have a major crashing issue with the resurrection. but thats only one thing and i know how to duplicate my problem. i hope you fix your mod. if you continue to have issues, try to reference the cthulhu mod. its stable and its what i look at. maybe that will help.

its in 

dont starve together/data/anim

its called ghost_build.zip

this is what i used and it shows up. i didnt try to use another characters so that might be why it wont appear.

i just recently had the invis ghost problem too. i didnt understand but i looked at my reference mod and saw i didnt have the anim for my ghost. after i added that, it didnt work. i then worked and edited the ghost file, shortly after, it started to work. all i can imagine was that yours was unedited. im honestly not very sure about the code changes to DST. i still have a major crashing issue with the resurrection. but thats only one thing and i know how to duplicate my problem. i hope you fix your mod. if you continue to have issues, try to reference the cthulhu mod. its stable and its what i look at. maybe that will help.

Did you create a new anim.bin and build.bin when editing the .tex?

I just have a feeling that somewhere inside the .bin's theres some info that doesnt quite match up.

on the build i took from the games files. the ghost_build.zip i told you about.

i used this and when making it, i did use build renamer on the build.bin inside that file to rename it to ghost_cbk_build as the owner of the bin (name of the zip was ghost_cbk_build.zip). that and the customization of the atlas-0.tex were the only things i changed. i didnt touch the anim.bin. so it was the same edit to the ghost build as you would have made to the character wod.

on the build i took from the games files. the ghost_build.zip i told you about.

i used this and when making it, i did use build renamer on the build.bin inside that file to rename it to ghost_cbk_build as the owner of the bin (name of the zip was ghost_cbk_build.zip). that and the customization of the atlas-0.tex were the only things i changed. i didnt touch the anim.bin. so it was the same edit to the ghost build as you would have made to the character wod.

Ah, that explains it. Ghost fixed ^^

The build.bin was still trying to reference wendy's animations, which it wouldn't be able to find within my mod folders.

Thanks! ^^