The multiplayer hounds rebalance is too much

I guess for deerclops better to make just fire and traps around it. )))

LOL @ Drakemour, and we thought that we over did our trap corridor..

what exactly are you trapping there? spider queens? rooks?

but yeah, after 80+ days, you should be able to handle hounds easily.

I do not think they should nerf them!

Can confirm, in my 200+ day games I usually made fields like that. You get a lot of teeth if you kill MacTusks regularly in winter.

The firepit will get destroyed by the deerclops, though, so you should make a campfire or leave some other light source there instead, at least for that. I usually just run around mine with a torch.

Related, did they drop the percentage of which Hounds Teeth drop with it? I've been noticing they're a bit harder to come by in multiplayer. 

But maybe I just have bad luck. 

I noticed the same bad luck/lowered drop. 6+ dead hounds and no teeth makes me sad.

Personally I haven't had much trouble with the hounds, but I'm a veteran.  I remember when starting out it took me a long time to be comfortable handling some of the more 'dangerous' hound attacks such as large numbers, fire hounds, attacks during the night, etc.  Like most opponents in the game you tend to either handle them easily or get demolished, and practice is about the only thing that is going to help.

I don't know how you can play a 100+ game, it's so boring for me since there is no challenge anymore. I guess it's because I don't give a f... about having a nice base with 100 toothtraps.

instead of trying to survive as the main example why don't you have your own goals like what I do is try to capture every animal and make a zoo with nice flooring.very important to the game play @_@

Fire hounds are lame in every way if you ask me, they are least creative creatures there.  I am not against fire in the base, but there are a millions of ways to implement base catching fire in the game, but no...they said wait we need to burn players base somehow, omg lets just stick the fire on a hound.. LAAAMMEE. They show fast, you dont have much time to react, if you cought in the middle of the base, say good bye to it. I have this tactic where i separate my crops and make wall around it, but that doesnt make up for fire hounds to suck big time. I really hope devs will change this in the future.

After playing this game in single player for what is probably a sickening amount, I would suggest that you guys start off the game right away gathering materials to create a science machine. That way you can build a wood suit and a spear and the swarms of hounds that you encounter won't be so bad.

I don't think that the number of hounds was too much, but rather, a fun surprise. I guess I was expecting to see a lot of things transfer from the single player but I wasn't expecting them to enumerate. That was awesome.

But there are other things like why can I build a Thermometer or a Heat stone when the rain/heat/snow doesn't affect us.

But there are other things like why can I build a Thermometer or a Heat stone when the rain/heat/snow doesn't affect us.

Rain drops down sanity, heat can affect you in ROG dlc. heat stone is cool when using it in combination with thermometer.

Basically if on thermometer is 0 the full heat stone will provide you +50-60 C. Sometimes it is cold outside even if there is no snow to show it.

EDIT; to add heat stone can also cool you if you place it near the endthermic fire. Also if you have few stones in your inventory you can light up a path at night with them, and you can recharge them  which is cool.

Fire hounds are lame in every way if you ask me, they are least creative creatures there.  I am not against fire in the base, but there are a millions of ways to implement base catching fire in the game, but no...they said wait we need to burn players base somehow, omg lets just stick the fire on a hound.. LAAAMMEE. They show fast, you dont have much time to react, if you cought in the middle of the base, say good bye to it. I have this tactic where i separate my crops and make wall around it, but that doesnt make up for fire hounds to suck big time. I really hope devs will change this in the future.

Fire hounds, like many enemies and problems in Don't Starve, are difficult for the inexperienced. Simple solution, don't be in your burnable camp when they spawn. Your character and the hound barking give plenty of warning in DST - I've so far received over a minute warning every attack, even after being alive 80+ days. Second simple solution, don't kill them in your camp. They don't walk in and fall down dead by themselves, unless you put traps/bees/pigs/etc too close. Don't do that.

Fire hounds are much more reasonable than lightning, which randomly sets fire to an entire forest. I don't put a lightning rod in every forest I see. I don't mind lightning, just saying that fire hounds are fine. 

Archived