Favorite DS Character?

Webber, of course. Though if I didn't have Reign of Giants I would have to choose Wickerbottom.

I have to admit, blending in with the monsters and having the majority of the craftable items unlocked is a big help as they are the parts that I struggle with.

Wickerbottom would be my fav so far. Doesn't need the science machines right away because she already knows most things, and shes got those interesting books in her armory.

Wendy and Wilson are okay.

I can't stand Willow. I foolishly made wooden walls around my little base, and one day when she was feeling just a little too crazy, she set it on fire... I was SOO cheesed.

DOING GREAT SO FAR GUYS!

WILSON:3

WILLOW:4

WX-78:2

WOODIE:1

WENDY:1

WICKERBOTTOM:1

MAXWELL:0

WEBBER:2

WES:0

WOLFGANG:0

WIGFRID:2

CHARLIE:0

Wait, you didn't say we could pick Charlie. I thought you meant playable characters. And this would be a lot easier on you if you make this thread into a poll.

As far as characters go, my favorite is probably Wilson.  I love his character design.  I mean, I love most of the character designs - they're creepily adorable - but I have a fondness for his outfit, especially.  And that face in the game!  I don't know if he's annoyed, determined, or what, but it's great.  The dorky/eccentric examination quotes are great, too.  "Take that, nature!" indeed.  The instrument for his voice is also the one I like the most out of all the other characters.  So there's that.

However, game-wise, my favorite character to actually play would have to be either Willow or Wendy.  Willow's lighter is just the best.  I've always been so obsessive about maximizing efficiency and squeezing the most out of items that have a durability rating, so having an infinite torch for charcoal making and beefalo shaving is just awesome.  That, and it's helped me out of a couple winter jams when I needed to set something on fire for warmth.  My love for her tends to go right out the window when I accidentally set all my berry bushes on fire due to low sanity, though.  Wendy, on the other hand, may be kind of weak, but I tend to avoid direct combat in favor of tricks and traps whenever possible anyway, so she suits my play style.  I've had great success using Abigail to quickly farm a lot of spider silk and glands, too, though it does get annoying when I accidentally click 'attack' on something and find myself unable to get her to cancel, or when she goes aggro on a passive tree guard I was trying to lure hounds or a deerclops into fighting.

I think playstyle wise Wikerbottom would be most useful to me since I never sleep anyway so that would eliminate so much of her downside. But...I don't find her fun or interesting to play because I am not fond if her design or quotes so I've only played her once. 

I love to play Willow. I love her design and her sister helps me feel not so lonely. >.<

I think playstyle wise Wikerbottom would be most useful to me since I never sleep anyway so that would eliminate so much of her downside. But...I don't find her fun or interesting to play because I am not fond if her design or quotes so I've only played her once. 

I love to play Willow. I love her design and her sister helps me feel not so lonely. >.<

Willow has a sister?

Do you mean Wendy?

Wendy (and Abigail)!

I love her character design and quotes, and Abigail is incredibly adorable.

She has such a sarcastic personality, complaining all the time about how she wants to die, or how bleak th world is, but then she just keeps on trying as hard as possible to survive. She even goes so far as to call her dead sister back from the afterlife just to help her out!

The lower sanity drain is really helpful for exploring through the night in the first few days of a world, and Abigail makes certain tasks so simple early in the game. Spiders, Bees, Hounds, and (sometimes) Frogs can be fought off in droves thanks to Abigail's huge HP pool and area of effect attack.

Bringing in huge amounts of loot in short amounts of foraging time makes it easy to choose base locations, as Wnedy and Abigail can live almost anywhere. Also, because Abigail's damage increases as the sunlight goes away, Wendy actually prefers to fight in the nighttime instead of the day, unlike almost all the other characters.

Her weaknesses are really balanced too; having lower damage than everybody else (tied with Wes), and having to pay a 50 sanity cost every time she summons Abigail. Abigail has her own weaknesses as well, such as: Swamp biomes, Treeguards, Giants, and, to a lesser extent, daytime.

She's a really fun character, and I like the extra layer of power that Abigail provides as well as the extra planning that her presence requires!

Also, because Abigail's damage increases as the sunlight goes away, Wendy actually prefers to fight in the nighttime instead of the day, unlike almost all the other characters.

I had no idea about this! 

So THAT'S why when spiders try and attack me at night they seem to go down super fast! 

Wendy all the way.

Her sister is awsome,

Fully grown spider nest - Abigail owns them all with very little/no intervention needed

Bee hive - Abigail owns em

Tree gaurds - Abigail she can't kill m but once they kill her they go neutral

Hounds - yeah she owns them too

Wendy FTW!!! Cute looking.

I almost always use Wendy as my main character whenever i start a new game in Don't Starve.

When i play other characters, i always feel vulnerable without abigail around, although abigail has her own weakness as well.

Farming honey, spider nest and surviving the first 100 day hound waves too hard for you?

Scared of spawning krampus when you kill glommer and using catcoons take too long to kill'em?

Treeguards strolling towards you enraged?

Want to kill Mactusk and not wanting to get attacked at all by that coward?

Wanting to exterminate noisy pengulls in your base quickly?

Like the fact that you can wear top hat for all nights and not lose any sanity at all at night?

Take Wendy!

I'm going to add to the Wendy crowd: For "Light's Out" mode, she is my favorite (and the only one I've survived more than two days in that mode with). In the early days, it's great having your sister kill stuff for you whilst you hold a torch and not even get your hands dirty.

Oh, and for Adventure Mode it's Webber. Tons and tons of spiders and nothing to eat but monster meat? No problem! Also his sanity being so low makes it so much easier to manipulate for obelisk gates.

Gotta admit, Webber is one of my favs, his backstory just seems so.... interesting to me. I mean really! A boy who was eaten by a spider "long ago" but never fully digested, so their bodies and minds became one?? That's awesome! I can really feel sympathetic for him too because.... well, because of what happened to him, being a boy trapped inside a spider's body, and the fact that he is literally like 10 or 11 years old as the boy half of him, he says stuff as like "Waaah, my light went out!" when a torch runs out, he is scared of the dark like a younger child normally is. His in-game powers are also great, because because of his spider appearance and having spider body on his outer half, spiders are neutral to him, AND he can walk on spider webbing without being slowed down. 

I also like how his quotes are quite British, saying things like "mum" instead of "mom" etc etc. 

Archived