Bad Luck ...

So myself and my boyfriend wrangled some keys out of the last wave of invites and tried a few things out before we felt confidant enough to try an endless survival server. After a few stops and starts and figuring out what was missing from the game we hunkered down and started making a serious base.

First run through;

"Oh man, look at those mermen and the tentacles fighting! Hahahah! Wow this is aweso-- AUGH I LAGGED!"
'What happened?! **** IM LOSING SANITY DID YOU DIE?!'
"Maaaaaybe..."

I spend abotu a day and a half frantically looking for spiders. I found exactly ONE nest and he kept trying to haunt the spiders to seperate them up and allow me to kill them. I take some hits and finally get a gland. Runnign back to camp, gathering grass along the way, bleeding sanity and brains all over the place, I finally get everything together and make the heart.

It kills me because I'm on such low HP and the server resets. XD

We didnt think it could get much worse.

We were wrong.

Our most recent playthrough went more like this;

Day 1; Theres almost no flint. We barely manage to make a fire. There's a pigman by spawn.
Day 3; ARGH TREE GUARDIAN POPPED THE SECOND WE CHOPPED A TREE! Barely manage to make spears, I teach BF how to kill one without fire. Takes the entire day and if werent for toasted seeds, we would've starved to death.
Day 5; HOUNDS! We barely manage to make grass armor in time!
Day 7; BF GET HIT BY A FZXJDSDING METEOR!
Day 9; I frantically ran around and barely managed to make the mats to build the heart. He stops me last minute; he found a rez stone.
Day 11; We found a pond... Wait, two ponds... wait, six ponds... wait OH GOD TWENTY PONDS AND MULTIPLE FROGS FROM EACH RUN AWAAAAAY!
Day 14; "WHY WONT THE TALLBIRDS LEASH! IM THREE BIOMES AWAY! Dont wait for me honey, I cant make it back to base!"
Day 17; "Uh, honey, I cant find any more rabbits... we better mad farm poop."
Day 19; BEEFALO RUTTING! RUN AWAAAAY!
Day 21; "Should it be rainign this often? Better get lightning rods up so all our berries dont-- GODDAMN TURKEY! NOOO!"
Day 25; "Crap, its snowing!" 'Dont worry, I made lots of heat stones and-- Oh goddamnit thay're all decayed to 50% already! I HAD THEM INT HE CHEST WHAT THE HELL."
Day 27; *Long line of expletives as Im freezing to death while trying to find food with a cold heat stone and rabbit earmuffs."
Day 30; "Okay, thats it, I need sleep IRL. We have six rabbit jerky left and four monster jerky. Want to flip a coin to see who spends the winter insane?"

We left off here and havnt had time to play for a few days. Applied Horticulture is godly, though we havnt figured out how to make a flower farm yet. Need to figure that out. Badly.

You definitely need flowers for the bees to create honey. Flowers are also really useful for low sanity, and for tons of butterflies! Killing butterflies and eating their yummy wings gives you a boost to hunger and health, and if you have enough flowers, you will not be short in butterflies.

We started teaching a friend of mine how to play today. I gave him a net and told him to get butterflies. He did, but instead of planting them he somehow ended up making butter. He had a sort of briefly troubled moment since he's a vegan but he laughed at the mechanic. XD

I spend about a day and a half frantically looking for spiders. I found exactly ONE nest and he kept trying to haunt the spiders to separate them up and allow me to kill them. I take some hits and finally get a gland. Running back to camp, gathering grass along the way, bleeding sanity and brains all over the place, I finally get everything together and make the heart.

It kills me because I'm on such low HP and the server resets. XD

^This part right  here, my fault, day 7, our fist attempt because. 

Zendy: Say, since we don't wanna open it cause of the possible curse, maybe I can destroy the chest so we don't have to look at it! *takes a hammer to chest...death by fire* 

Poor poor Willowson. T~T

^This part right  here, my fault, day 7, our fist attempt because. 

Zendy: Say, since we don't wanna open it cause of the possible curse, maybe I can destroy the chest so we don't have to look at it! *takes a hammer to chest...death by fire* 

Poor poor Willowson. T~T

Ah yes...i remember that I had even made a second chest! I put aside my devilish nature because We needed the house BUT NO!  :wilson_enraged: 

Willowson: Everything burned...that was my job" :wilson_livid:

Archived