Will Dont Starve Have an Inventory in steam and tradable Items?

Mansour

Tradable items In Inventory - Be or Not to Be!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What Do U think About it having tradable Items?

• yeah, I think having tradable items would b pretty awesome and it would make game more fun
    • It would be really nice but the must be some restrictions in trading so it wont hurt the game experience
    • well, I really enjoy trading items in other games but i dont know about dont starve
    • I dont think its such a good idea
    • Hell No! It is agaist the very principal of the game - Survival on ur own!

well i played dont starve beta a bit - and it was really awesome and i said to myself this is a game worth buying!

so i went and tradd some of my dota2 items for a full game (Dont starve + ROG)

now im playing it on steam

i was thinking it would b really rly nice it we could trade some of our items with other steam users like we do on other games (eg:dota,CS,TF,...)

ofcourse i think there can b some restrictions like:

1.some conditions to make ur inventory items tradable (eg. finishing a world or game!)

2.no being ble to use traded items in hard mode!

3.some items are not simply tradable!

4. ...

with all said i think it would b a good thing if we had steam inventory and tradable items for Dont Starve

what do u think

-----------------------------------------

P.S. sry if my english is poor i would be very grate ful if some staff edits my writings :)

Eh...I feel like this idea can be very exploited, (Also I don't know what you mean by 'Hard mode.') basically with this kind of system you could make profit in the game from just trading stuff, or even just transferring items through different accounts. Scamming will also be much more serious since if you mess up in trading (or your account gets hacked to remove every item) the punishment is much more evil, you just lost your entirety or half of your inventory in items. Another thing is that I don't even know how it would work, how would you gain items, how would you lose them, how are they shown on the inventory, what items can you trade for, what items can you NOT trade for. In games like CS:GO, TF2, And Dota 2 a trading system works since the inventory of you is permanent and you always have them available, but in a game where in DS when you NEED all of the items and you gain them from the world its self...doesn't really sound good.

(TL;DR Version: Too much exploiting, scamming would be more punishable, and it doesn't really sound like it would work too well.)

Also I don't know what you mean by 'Hard mode.'

i meant an option or sth  could b added

Another thing is that I don't even know how it would work

we will definitly need an inventory or sth (outside game world)

Too much exploiting, scamming would be more punishable, and it doesn't really sound like it would work too well

well i know what u say - i trade very often a couple of days ago i lost about 10$ myself

but the thing is it was my own fault (i just had bad exam and was in a baad mood --> i didnt double check trade and ..  u know :) )

when ever there is trade the is scamming - it is same for all games anyway ,and after a while since u would know all scamming tricks u would b b immune

eventhough i dont regret it and i think trading system is rly cool since we can change items we dont like or need to the one we need or if we have excess items in a game we can get item for another game with them.

and it is also profitable for game developers and game studio  since they can make and sell customized or new items and stuff

This is a terrible idea, first of all, what items would even be made tradeable? Second of all, there would be basically no market, since all the items in the game can simply be debugspawned in or found in any number of worlds, if we're talking about berries, deerclops eyes, etc. Thirdly, what's the point?

This is a terrible idea, first of all, what items would even be made tradeable? Second of all, there would be basically no market, since all the items in the game can simply be debugspawned in or found in any number of worlds, if we're talking about berries, deerclops eyes, etc. Thirdly, what's the point?

Woah there, it's a suggestion, don't shoot it down. ;(

Nah, I feel as though people will be more worried about trading items and stuff rather than just playing the game for enjoyment and its intended purpose. I can think of a few games in which similar has happened. And overall it just doesn't seem something that would fit well with a game like Don't Starve tbh..

Archived