I have a bit of a temper...

I was running around on one of the Klei dedicated servers. My health, sanity, and hunger were all really low, from spending a day sitting at the campfire so dead people wouldn't make me go insane. So, I headed out a little ways from camp to hunt butterflies to fend off my hunger and heal. Sadly, there was not enough fire hunting butterflies(I was Willow), and I was murdered by shadow monsters, despite my best attempts to burn the nearby trees.

I'm sitting there, freshly dead, trying to keep my stuff from burning, and in comes a Wilson. Dude starts taking stuff from my corpse, with me right there. At first I thought he was just taking the stuff that would spoil, like my butterfly wings, but then he started taking my gold and my tools as well. I called him out on it, and he dropped my axe and ran. I kept calling him out on it, and it took him a few minutes to respond, by which point I'm pretty ticked. Did not even wait for the body to cool, and he tried to claim he put my stuff back. Now, I'm not 100% angry about my stuff being looted. People will just leave stuff by their corpses and forget about it sometimes. What I'm pissed about is that he saw me there, ":(" over my head, and decided that this was the time to steal my things. I let him know that he still had my pickaxe and gold(he also took my full stack of flint, but I only figured that out later), and his response was literally "Well I had more than you already anyway."

It's been a long night. I do not have the patience for this man and his thieving. So I float up after him. Turns out, he was hunting spiders in the forest up north. There were also two tier 3 spider dens on either side of the road. For those of you who don't know, as I didn't, if you haunt a tier 3 spider den, you will spawn a Spider Queen. I figured this out on accident. It was a very happy accident.

On chat I proclaimed something along the lines of, "I'm spawning the spider queens on you for this"

His response was, "Calm down I'll give you back your stuff when you rev"

His words just managed to irk me more; they sounded dismissive and I was not having it. I spawned the spider queen on the other side of the road, then chased up after him. He was up there, fighting spiders with two pigs. I haunt one, trying to turn it into a werepig, but instead managed to stall it long enough that the spiders dealt with it. As I'm chasing after this guy, I see his other pig, and we both see the tier 3 den in the norther part of the woods. I of course go straight to haunting it, then, for added measure, haunt a few trees and light the whole forest on fire. The server lags and he gets killed by spiders. I help the spiders murder his other pig just for good measure. He ragequit and logged off.

tl;dr: Dude looted my freshly dead corpse, then lied about returning the stolen goods that I had WATCHED HIM TAKE. I spawned 3 spider queens on him, killed his pigs, and lit the whole forest on fire.

Vengeance received.

But that is not the end of the story.

Now that my honor was restored, I warned people of the spider queens, suggesting that people lead them to the nearby beefalo herd to be destroyed. I went to the base, which was near the spawn, to grow the crops as repentance for the trouble I had caused. While I'm sitting there, growing crops, a certain little robot comes by, leading a spider queen behind him. Apparently "lead it to the beefalo" means "lead it to base."

Note that this is right before nightfall; this little arsehole brought this spider queen and her harem of a good 10 spiders to the base right as it got dark, as everyone was coming in, when it was time to add more fuel to the fire. Everyone scatters into the night. The fire goes out and WX is killed by a mixture of spiders and darkness.

The real kicker is that, now that everyone is scattered and there is a spider queen sleeping in the darkness at the spawn base, someone new joins the server. The queen is just out of range of his spawn light. Daybreak comes and this poor Wilson sees what he has been brought into. He bolts, running west, straight into the army of clockworks.

It was glorious.

Harem? I always thought of the spiders as boys.

Edit to add: I loved the story, though. It warms my heart to see noobs rekt by the skilled and cunning.

A harem is a harem regardless of gender :o I think understanding the sex of the spiders would probably require a hefty understanding of insects with queens, such as ants or bees. Technically those are not binary sexes that fall under our understanding of "male" and "female", but that's a long story and it's half past one in the morning for me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't know if it was so much skill and cunning as righteous fury and luck, but I appreciate the praise nonetheless.

Archived