D's Doodle-Noodles

I found a Woodie I drew but never got around to posting because it was back when I was trying to figure out how to draw the werebeaver and so I was furiously sketching that off to the side but then I drew the nice full body version on that other picture so I got rid of the werebeaver on this and now I can post it. Bleh.

post-506504-0-64980600-1421898439_thumb.

• Like 5

Hey. Hey. Hey you guys. I'm doing a thing.

post-506504-0-66845900-1422403623_thumb.

I want some feedback on how this looks so far because I kinda like it and I kinda don’t. Maybe it’s just because there’s no hair yet. IDK. I did make a few small changes from the model sheet, so keep that in mind if you try to compare the two.

This is actually the second version of the model. Started modeling one with my usual method and it looked like absolute crap so I started this one with a different method. Looks a whole lot better, but still not perfect.

Hey. Hey. Hey you guys. I'm doing a thing.

attachicon.gifWilson Model WIP.png

I want some feedback on how this looks so far because I kinda like it and I kinda don’t. Maybe it’s just because there’s no hair yet. IDK. I did make a few small changes from the model sheet, so keep that in mind if you try to compare the two.

This is actually the second version of the model. Started modeling one with my usual method and it looked like absolute crap so I started this one with a different method. Looks a whole lot better, but still not perfect.

He looks like he wants to slit my throat. Jk^^ It looks great but I'm in no case someone with a legimitate opinion, I've never done that before and I have huge respect for this (it must be not easy). But I think Wilson has/should have thinner lips.

He looks like he wants to slit my throat. Jk^^ It looks great but I'm in no case someone with a legimitate opinion, I've never done that before and I have huge respect for this (it must be not easy). But I think Wilson has/should have thinner lips.

I started off with thinner lips, but they looked really weird. I'll see what I can do.

I think the eyes is what's been reaching into the uncanny valley a lil' bit.

Yeah, eyes are really hard to get right. In my experience though, they tend to look a lot less creepy once they're colored.

EDIT: Added some basic color, rotated them in a bit, and closed the eyelids a little. Looks a lot better, I think. Also thinned out the lips an itty bit. Anything else?

post-506504-0-47701800-1422416105_thumb.

Edited by Dragara

Yeah, eyes are really hard to get right. In my experience though, they tend to look a lot less creepy once they're colored.

EDIT: Added some basic color, rotated them in a bit, and closed the eyelids a little. Looks a lot better, I think. Also thinned out the lips an itty bit. Anything else?

attachicon.gifWilson Model WIP 2.png

He doesn't have Wilsons expression nor his wig (those being his two most important visual traits imo), so I can't compare this to him. Looks humane though

He doesn't have Wilsons expression nor his wig (those being his two most important visual traits imo), so I can't compare this to him. Looks humane though

That's the problem with posting basemesh WIPs, isn't it? Hahah. Hopefully his hair will be nice to me when I get around to doing it. :v Which should be kinda soon, since the only things left to model on his body are his hands (with some editing on his arms) and the inside of his mouth (which is always the hardest part to do IMO).

Edited by Dragara

YO this looks sweet! I think you got the nose down perfect. I think it's just the posture of the first picture that is throwing people off maybe? But Yeah I think this looks hella accurate. Can't wait to see it finished. 

Thanks! That's good to know, I was worried that would be one of the worse-looking parts because he has such an unusual one. Maybe it is, IDK. I can't wait to be done with the body so I can do the clothes! I've never modeled clothes intended to work with physics before, so it'll be a new experience for me. :>