[suggestion] map auto renew/reset

so i played in a survival server, logged off for an hour, logged in agian, lots of people and me died, it was day 42. after a few days the ghosts (including me) started to haunt everything and burn trees and stuff. and it reached to a point where that ground was just empty near spawn  with no food at all, lots of emptied rabbit holes, no trees around spawn, winter, no flint, almost nothing that the new players could use. but new players continues joining so the map couldn't reset. i suggest some auto renew/reset option to make things easier. the world would regenerate, but the map would be still the same, the players that explored will not lose their exploring, and any building built will stay in place. only thing is, that items would appear, such as trees, flint, flowers, and such.

it actually reached to a point where the ghosts asked players to suicide so the server could reset.

a ghost just screamed "nooooo" because a player found some food (i am writing while waiting for everyone on the server to die, cause it will take a loooong time).

Once the vote kick/ban(mainly just kick) is in place, situations like these will lessen and people will be able to freely have a server forcefully reset with enough kick votes on players at are alive. Sadly one draw back is that if majority of the players that just came in the server are a group of friends and you're just the odd on out but have been playing on it for a much longer. A vote kick may ruin all your efforts on that server. 

For this, I suggest that somebody can only vote kick you if they have spent the same in-game days as you or longer. This way, new groups of players won't raid a server and vote kick/ban all the other players out just for fun.

I hope I'm making sense.

Archived