Pointing at things

I'm gonna just make the obligatory 'share map with people' statement. I like the usage of charcoal and paper, as it means you get to select who you share information with, instead of everybody who joins the server. 

And then my suggestion; I think it would be useful to have a way to point out something on the immediate filed of view/map, to help communicate with people. Say hold a button, click on the screen, and then a small ring appears around what/where you'd like to point out. I realise that I could say "no, the chest on the left. No, the other left" everytime, but think how much nicer it would be if you could keep stuffing your face, and instead simply ping the map, and let them know. No talking or typing involved. 

I too think this game needs a ping feature. When I'm playing with my friends who aren't as familiar with the game as I am, it would be super useful to be able to instruct them on what to pick up or where to place something by pinging.

Well I guess it won't work well for inventories, but if you were to ping an area on the map, or at something in your (shared?) field of view, it could help with communication. I guess it would get crazy annoying if people could (and would...) ping stuff constantly...

Archived