Don't Starve Together [My Experience & Feedback]

Firstly, THANK YOU guys so much for listening to the community and adding co-op into this already amazingly developed game. This is something I always wondered about while playing solo for so long and you guys definitely delivered something amazing.

I'll list below a few of the positives and negatives I've ran into during my time with the game and recording gameplay videos for YouTube viewing.

Pros: 

Being able to instantly give each other materials and feed each other is an amazing feature that does away with the dreadful trading system that so many games have. 

Being able to craft the Telltale Heart or use the Touch Stones to either resurrect yourself or revive your friends is another amazing feature that helps you survive even longer and work even harder to survive.

Being able to host a server through you guys and not having to use outside server hosting (Hamachi, Evolve, Etc.) is amazing. Not enough games have this feature for whatever reason and it makes getting into games with your friends a pretty easy process.

Just being able to play with friends in this game is the ultimate pro. It's amazing.

Cons:

Not showing up on each other's maps once a certain range has hit or at least allowing others to reveal more parts of the map for everyone else would be more helpful.

Ewecus needs to be nerfed. He's way too OP. Lol

Global pause or being able to pause the game for everyone momentarily would be a bit helpful, just because not everyone is free 100% of the time and so if someone needs to leave momentarily, they have to worry about their needs falling or being harmed. 

Wasn't able to use Xbox 360 Controller (even though keyboard and mouse is way better).

Also had an issue with changing the resolution and monitor. It would stick to a resolution and wouldn't change even though you click "apply changes:.

Overall our experience with this game was pretty great with a few minor gripes here and there, this is truly something people can spend hours and hours of time playing.

If you guys are curious, here's the first video of my friend CoryxKenshin and I surviving our first few days together. THIS. GAME. IS. AMAZING. Lol.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5f0fXrGQM

Ewecus needs to be nerfed. He's way too OP. Lol

If you're fighting it alone, it's supposed to be OP :p. But I think you'll find that once you get the hang of fighting it together, it goes down pretty fast (it's still a bit tough with two people, but with three it's very manageable).

Global pause or being able to pause the game for everyone momentarily would be a bit helpful, just because not everyone is free 100% of the time and so if someone needs to leave momentarily, they have to worry about their needs falling or being harmed. 

There's going to be a global server pause that the host can do in the near future, and also an AFK command that protects you as if you left the server, but without losing your spot.

Wasn't able to use Xbox 360 Controller (even though keyboard and mouse is way better).

Yeah, they've said controller support is a bit low-priority at the moment, and they had to rip out a lot of the support to get action prediction and stuff working. But you will be able to use one eventually.

Yesss nice to hear someone being so positive about the overall experience! 
Now to your points;

Cons:

Not showing up on each other's maps once a certain range has hit or at least allowing others to reveal more parts of the map for everyone else would be more helpful.

I'm also curious about this. I know people were debating whether shared maps should be added, but that was a couple weeks back and I've been out of the loop since then. Anyone know if there's plans for this?
Personally, I'd be fine if it was only implemented in mod form, since I kind of like the aspect of having to rely on your friends to take you to parts of the map they've explored. Keeps the "together" part of it a real necessity. 

Archived