What do you do with monster meat?

I've always got a ton of monster meat laying around my base, and it always ends up

going bad since it's really not worth eating unless you're ridiculously desperate. What

do YOU do with monster meat?

Store it as jerky and wait for bearger to eat it all

Give it to tallbirds and watch them mutate into something even weirder than they already are.  (Just kidding Bob!)

Seriously, though, cptCalavera has it right.  If you don't need the eggs for food you can trade them to the pig king for gold.  If you don't need gold for some reason I guess you could let them turn into rot, then set fire to them for ash. 

Or feed them to Pigmen, turn them into werepigs, and slaughter for fun and profit.

Convert them to edible meatballs with crock pot magic, of course!

I don't know if I'm playing the game wrong or something, but I tend to pretty much survive on this meal, and most of the time I use one monster meat with three vegetables or fruits to make it. It restores a great deal of hunger, and I find it easier to get the monster meat compared to regular meat and morsels.

That's because mobs that drop regular meat tend to be tougher and more valuable, like pigs or beefalo.. Tallbirds are a nice source of it, but I don't have that many of them around most of the time. And morsels.. Well, I'm usually just too lazy to do the whole baiting / trapping thing.. Whereas monster meat tends to just pop up fairly often for me, whether from spiders or hound attacks or similar things.

I would like to and am trying to expand my cooking range a bit by trying different recipes, but I think that converting monster meat to meatballs is a pretty good strategy and it's easy to do.

Monster Meat is actually extremely useful.

It's great as a filler and for making meaty stews (the most efficient recipe is 1 meat, 1 monster meat and 2 morsels), and like others have said, can be transmuted into eggs. However, it's inefficient to use a morsel and 3 eggs for meatballs. It's better to save them for bacon and eggs (2 eggs, 1 monster meat, 1 morsel is the most efficient recipe) which is a great travel food and healing food. Monster meat can be used in the place of meat, essentially. Don't put more than one in the crock pot though, it has a chance of making monster lasagna.

Of course, I'm thinking efficiency wise, but lots of people don't really care if they're being efficient or not, so if you're one of those people I guess you can just disregard this post.

Useful recipes I make that either use monster meat or eggs (which you get by feeding a caged bird cooked monster meat):

-  Pierog  i  (2 eggs, 1 monster meat, 1 vegatable): 75 hunger, 20 health

-  B acon and Eggs ( 2 eggs, 1 monster meat, 1 meat that's not monster meat) 37.5 hunger, 40 health

- Meatballs (3 eggs, 1 monster meat) Alternative (3 berries, 1 monster meat) 62.5 hunger, 3 health

- Fishsticks (1 fish, 1 twig, 2 monster meat) 37.5 hunger, 40 health

Depending on what you have on you and what stats you need to boost, I would choose from these.  Since monster meat can be converted into eggs it therefore makes up most, if not all, of the ingredients. 

Useful recipes I make that either use monster meat or eggs (which you get by feeding a caged bird cooked monster meat):

-  Pierog  i  (2 eggs, 1 monster meat, 1 vegatable): 75 hunger, 20 health

-  B acon and Eggs ( 2 eggs, 1 monster meat, 1 meat that's not monster meat) 37.5 hunger, 40 health

Bacon and Eggs are 75 hunger, 20 health

Pierogi gives 37.5 hunger and 40 health

And fro some reason 2 cooked eggs,1 cooked monster meat and 1 raw monster meat gives me bacon and eggs but only in that order its from top to bottom 

I literally use monster meat to give to Pigmen.

Having 4 monster meat - Give 1 to a pigman, use him to help you chop down some trees (get some extra use out of him lol), then feed him the other 3 once you're done, watch him transform, kill him, and you've got yourself 1 pig skin and 2 large meat :)
Enough for a hambat/football helmet as well - Plus they respawn every 2-3 days I believe so they're a good resource if you're making jerky

You'd like to download this app to make things easier. And more interesting. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crockbook-for-dont-starve/id855268859?mt=8

Gives you an idea what to do with all those mushrooms, monster meats etc lying around. There will still be deductions from health/hunger/sanity but when we're out of supplies, the crockpot is your lifesaver. As a general rule, cooking stuff makes things less 'toxic'.

Most of the time I fed them to a pig for werepig drops. If not, you can use it for Honeyham (1 Honey, 1 Normal Meat, 1 Monster Meat and 1 filler).

I find that 1 honey, 1 monster meat, 2 small meats is better, and I just make meaty stew whenever I have actual meat.

You'd like to download this app to make things easier. And more interesting. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crockbook-for-dont-starve/id855268859?mt=8

Gives you an idea what to do with all those mushrooms, monster meats etc lying around. There will still be deductions from health/hunger/sanity but when we're out of supplies, the crockpot is your lifesaver. As a general rule, cooking stuff makes things less 'toxic'.

https://dont-starve-food.googlecode.com/git/html/index.htm

is also a great resource.

monster meat > cooked monster meat > eggs > gold > slurtle slime. 

This is a brilliant idea, since you can couple gathering raining saltpeter for gunpowder with gathering cheap gunpowder replacement!

I'll definitely keep that idea in mind

I get a lot of flower petals and random non meats that I have excess of, leave them on the ground, turn pig into were pig, were pig eats all the food I put on the ground, then it makes as much manure as how much you left on the ground and then I kill the were pig for 2 meat and a pig skin. Profit.

I don't see alot of people do that even though it's alot easier to get poop this way than wait around for beefalo to poop.

I get a lot of flower petals and random non meats that I have excess of, leave them on the ground, turn pig into were pig, were pig eats all the food I put on the ground, then it makes as much manure as how much you left on the ground and then I kill the were pig for 2 meat and a pig skin. Profit.

I don't see alot of people do that even though it's alot easier to get poop this way than wait around for beefalo to poop.

I never thought of that, I didn't know werepigs would eat as much as was on the ground. Thank you for sharing this.

Archived